Farid: paroxetine of hell

Farid

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry for my poor english but i speak french ( from belgium).

I come here for need help, because paroxetine (seroxat here) kill my life...

my story:

since 2013 many stress and i stop with a girl friend very bad. in same time 

I was studyingfor to be a nurse ( so its many stress..).

I started to be very bad about myself (depressed all time). Month after month its became worse and worse.

one day  a groupe  of pople from my class have decided to harass me because i was bad... the hell started.

i start paroxetine 20 mg from december 2016 to ( i think) september 2017.

i feel bad until 8 weeks and after that its more easy to speak in front of people. but i fell already anxious, stressed ( not the same stress/anxiety from before) , i decided to decreases  at 10mg one day. and i stay with this 6 month perhaps less. after this i decided to take paroxetine a day and not the other

i m already fell bad anxious ++  , little depressed.

for me i start to be a real anxiety social and the paroxetine dont help me (its  maybe worse with this ?)

i dont understant what its happened, and i take 5 mg one day all 3 days( decembre 2018) i remember i have a reunion and i have a panick attack in front of all colleage... since i stopped to work over there. and i take paroxetine since december 2018 to september 2019 (10 mg)... its better yes... but too anxious ( my life is now very poor) i work yes but 

talk to someone ( telephone,etc) fell me so bad... (extrem anxiety beacause im feel to nervous)

i decided to see a dr (psy) for stop paroxetine.

he say stop paroxetine from 10mg to 8 mg... i say ok but after one week i feel a little better juste like a  mini rainbow in my life. and after two weeks all senses go crazy (depressed +++++ crying, anxious ++++ )  all is too for me..
after this he say wo start to 5 mg( i say no please its too for me) and i start at 7 mg( after 3 weeks its worse and i decided to stop that)

actually i return to paroxetine 10 mg since 5 days (27/12/19) because  some peoples say to me to return from 10 mg and they say to me stop to take paroxetine the night and start morning (i take too omega 3 2000mg and metarelax(magnesium/vitB /taurine) since  2 weeks)

please help me  you are my  only hope ( just like star wars lol)

sorry for my english

ps: i dont have paroxetine syrup
ps2: with all this **** i finish to have my  nurse diploma (june 2018) and i start to work  (july 2018) so its never the good moment for start thewithdrawal, but today...i am ready!

Paxil 20mg start novembre 2016

paxil 10mg since maybe September 2017

Take paxil 10mg one day and not the second day Augustus 2018 to November 2018

paxil 5mg and crash

return paxil 10 mg since December 2019 to October 2019

October 2019 to December 8 mg

december 2019 7 mg

january to June 2020 10 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello    Farid 

and welcome to SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved .

I am sorry you are having such a rough time but you are now in the right place.

4 hours ago, Farid said:

I'm sorry for my poor english but i speak french ( from belgium).

Your english is fine.

4 hours ago, Farid said:
i decided to see a dr (psy) for stop paroxetine.

Unfortunately doctors and psychs know nothing about withdrawing from these drugs and usually prescribe more and more meds.

To begin we need information regarding your drugs.

Are you or have you taken any other drugs in the last 24 months?

If you have, what were the drugs and dosages?

We need to know about all drugs not just antidepressants.

Are you or have taken any supplements during this time?

4 hours ago, Farid said:

i decided to decreases  at 10mg one day. and i stay with this 6 month perhaps less

When was this?

4 hours ago, Farid said:

decided to take paroxetine a day and not the other

This is a very bad way to taper.

4 hours ago, Farid said:

actually i return to paroxetine 10 mg since 5 days (27/12/19) because  some peoples say to me to return from 10 mg and they say to me stop to take paroxetine the night and start morning

Are you now taking Paroxetine in the morning?

You are experiencing W/D ( withdrawal ) symptoms because of the dose changes you have made.

Our CNS ( central nervous system ) needs consistency in order to stabilise.

Please read the links below which will explain what is happening to you and the way forward.

the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable/

dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

What are your current symptoms?

Are they better or worse than a month ago?

The good news is, you can and will get better but it will take time. There is no magic fix.

As soon as we recieve the drugs info. we can assess your situation.

In the meantime DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGE TO YOUR CURRENT MEDS please.

Please feel free to browse the site, it is a wealth of info.

Other members threads will give you an insight and the opportunity to share experiences.

Again welcome.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

oh thx you really to accept to help me :)

Are you or have you taken any other drugs in the last 24 months?

No i have tested xanax 0,25mg one day but its too heavy for me (tired +++ )  i test one day propanolol (inderal 40mg) but i fell bad with this too.

so thx god i use just paroxetine...

Are you or have taken any supplements during this time?

-sometimes i took "Metarelax"( 1cp)= magnesium,B6,B12,folate,vit D,Taurine  and since two weeks i take(2cp) every day

-since two weeks i take omega3 2000mg

- i stop cafeine (just one coffe the morning) since 1 month

-i stop aspartam and glutamate monosodique(E621)

When was this?

I m not sure but i think maybe 7 month or maybe more after start paroxetine at 20 mg. ( so i start paroxetine 20 mg at december 2016 and i decrease at 10 mg maybe on  augustus /july/september )

This is a very bad way to taper.

yes....my god after reading your web site i realise my terrible mistake... im so sad about this i am afraid to be definitively anxious and depressed now 😢

Are you now taking Paroxetine in the morning?

I start paroxetine the morning but i dont know i feltl very slow, and i have sometimes  a difficult to speak , i decided to take paroxetine the night  since july2019 i think for test.

And since 5 days ( when i increased paroxetine to 10 mg i take the morning.

You are experiencing W/D ( withdrawal ) symptoms because of the dose changes you have made.

Our CNS ( central nervous system ) needs consistency in order to stabilise.

Please read the links below which will explain what is happening to you and the way forward.

thx you so much i m going to read all that!

What are your current symptoms? 

Actually after 5 days with 10mg ( the morning) im feel nervous all times , anxious ++, scary about all , very bad mood , want to cry,  i thought i wanted to die because i felt too bad. Today i feel  a little  better.  But with 7mg i feel more anxious and depressed. i dont know, its  a little different sensation ..sorry its complicated to be more precise but i m sure  i never feel ok with paroxetine...

he good news is, you can and will get better but it will take time. There is no magic fix.

As soon as we recieve the drugs info. we can assess your situation.

THANKS YOU .... i pray for this

In the meantime DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGE TO YOUR CURRENT MEDS please.

Please feel free to browse the site, it is a wealth of info.

Other members threads will give you an insight and the opportunity to share experiences.

Yes, i wait your opinions with joy....    

ThX you Sassenach really

and a happy nEW YEAR TO YOU :))

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Bonjour Farid, 

je suis heureuse de te voir ici : ce site contient de nombreux témoignages et pertinentes infos, n’hésite donc pas à le fouiller et à me solliciter si besoin de traductions.

Sassenach a posé des des questions importantes : prends bien le temps d'y répondre .

23 hours ago, Farid said:

(i take too omega 3 2000mg and metarelax(magnesium/vitB /taurine) since  2 weeks)

Quand un système nerveux est déstabilisé, il faut être prudent avec les compléments : nous ne réagissons pas tous de la même manière et certains compléments nous excitent plus qu'ils ne nous aident. As-tu le sentiment que les compléments t'aident ?

De nombreuses personnes témoignent du fait que les vitamines B semblent les exciter. 

Dans tous les cas, il est conseillé de tester un complément à la fois (pour pouvoir distinguer les effets) et de toujours commencer à de faibles doses, avant d’augmenter si tout va bien. Avec la même logique, il est conseillé de ne pas prendre des compléments qui mélangent plusieurs ingrédients ; cela t'empêche de sentir les effets de chaque ingrédient, et s'ils te conviennent ou non.

Sur ce site, les deux seuls compléments recommandés sont : le magnésium et les omégas 3.

Au plaisir de te lire, 

❤️

(Translation in English

I'm glad to see you here : this website has a lot of testimonies and relevant info, please search in it and ask if you need some translation.

Sassenach asked you important questions  : please take the time to answer.

(quote)

When a CNS is destabilised, we have to be careful with supplements : we don't all react the same way, and sometimes supplements excite us more than they helps us.

Do you feel like your supplements are helping?

Some people say that Vitamins B seem to excite them.

In any case, the advice is to try only one supplement at a time (in order to be able to distinguish the effects) and to start with low dose before increasing if everything goes well.

With the same logic, it is advised to not take supplements with a mix of ingredients : it prevent you from knowin if each ingredients is good for you or not.

On this website, only two supplements are advised : Magnésium and  Omeas 3. )

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Farid

My choice would have been to ask you take 8mgs.

However as you have been taking Paroxetine continually, and have been back on 10mgs for almost a week, it makes sense to hold at that dose.

You will feel symptoms in next 7-10 from the up-down changes but they will pass.

17 hours ago, Farid said:

o i have tested xanax 0,25mg one day but its too heavy for me (tired +++ )  i test one day propanolol (inderal 40mg) but i fell bad with this too.

so thx god i use just paroxetine...

Continuity is needed now so please do not add drugs or supplements without discussing with us.

sometimes i took "Metarelax"( 1cp)= magnesium,B6,B12,folate,vit D,Taurine  and since two weeks i take(2cp) every day

-since two weeks i take omega3 2000mg

- i stop cafeine (just one coffe the morning) since 1 month

-i stop aspartam and glutamate monosodique(E621)

This is all good for the moment.

Erell has given you further good advice as well particularly regarding B supplements.

I start paroxetine the morning but i dont know i feltl very slow, and i have sometimes  a difficult to speak , i decided to take paroxetine the night  since july2019 i think for test.

And since 5 days ( when i increased paroxetine to 10 mg i take the morning.

Please ensure you take this at the same time every day.

( the morning) im feel nervous all times , anxious ++, scary about all , very bad mood , want to cry,  i thought i wanted to die because i felt too bad.

These are normal W/D symptoms and may get worse before they begin to settle.

If you feel fearful or strugging to cope visit this site, there will always be someone to talk to.

Anxiety appears to be an issue for you, I suggest you visit,

symptoms-and-self-care/

To help you cope without meds.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:17 PM, Farid said:

with all this **** i finish to have my  nurse diploma (june 2018) and i start to work  (july 2018) so its never the good moment for start thewithdrawal, but today...i am ready!

Congrats on this and managing to work through your problems, not everyone can do it.

If you would like to know that getting better is possible, visit here,

success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

We will need to monitor the first few weeks of your recovery .

It would be helpful if you could post a daily diary in the following format,

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety 5
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache 3
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy 6
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

The numbers are severity on a scale of 0-10

This helps us to track your progress and symptoms.

It may seem like a chore but will also be useful to you.

We have very short memories during W/D and one bad day can seem like 5.

The diary reminds you of real progess.

Sassenach

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Bonjour Erell,

I'm happy to talk to you.

Thank you for helping me to discover this fantastic forum.

For metarelax it is an "all in one" supplement with mg / vit b / taurine. I didn't take it today and I'm going to buy another type of magnesium it's hard to say but i think when i take this supplement (metarelax) i don't feel better. What is the name of your supplement for example?

nb: today when I was stressed, I had a little trembling of the eye.

For the past 6 days, I have started a program (the geert method) to combat anxiety (conditioning, meditation).

maybe this is important information but some days after weaning with the psychiatrist (decrease of 20%), I had a very big stress (a sentimental story, I also lost my dog a month later and I had to take antibiotics for a small infection.

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Bonsoir Farid, 

avec Sassenach tu es entre de très bonnes mains ! ;)

36 minutes ago, Farid said:

For metarelax it is an "all in one" supplement with mg / vit b / taurine. I didn't take it today and I'm going to buy another type of magnesium it's hard to say but i think when i take this supplement (metarelax) i don't feel better. What is the name of your supplement for example?

Quand je suis arrivée ici, j'ai pu lire ces topics

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

J'ai acheté du citrate de magnésium en poudre, ce qui m'a permis de démarrer avec des faibles doses et d'augmenter progressivement (en mélangeant un peu de poudre à de l'eau que je bois tout au long de la journée). D'autres ici prennent du magnésium glycinate. A tester pour voir ce qui te convient. 

40 minutes ago, Farid said:

nb: today when I was stressed, I had a little trembling of the eye.

Un autre symptôme de la déstabilisation de ton système nerveux : cela passera avec du temps.

41 minutes ago, Farid said:

For the past 6 days, I have started a program (the geert method) to combat anxiety (conditioning, meditation).

Je ne peux que t'encourager dans la découverte et la pratique de méthodes comme celle-ci : ces outils ne font pas disparaître les symptômes, mais peuvent être d'une grande aide pour les gérer et les accepter :)

Je rebondis sur la demande de Sass de tenir un journal de tes journées et de tes symptômes : cela m'a été d'une grande aide pour constater mes progrès, et cela permet aux autres de comprendre les schémas de symptômes que tu subis.

S'il y a quoi que ce soit que je puisse faire pour toi en terme de traduction ou de compréhension, tu n'hésites surtout pas !

❤️

(Translation in English :

with Sassenach you're in very good hands !

Wh'en I arrived here I read these topics

(fish oil)

(magnesium)

I've bought magnesium citrate in powder, it allowed me to start with a very low dose which I increased progressively ( I put it in water and then drink it during all the day).

Some others here take magnesium glycinate.

"nb: today when I was stressed, I had a little trembling of the eye."

Another symptom of your destabilisation : it will pass with time.

"For the past 6 days, I have started a program (the geert method) to combat anxiety (conditioning, meditation)."

i can only encourage you to practice those kind of methods : these tools don't make symptoms disappear, but they can really be helpful to handle them and to accept them.

I rebound on Sassenach's asking about a daily diary : it has been a really helpful tool for me to notice my progress, and it helps others to understand the symptoms you have to cope.

If there is anything I can do for you about translation or understanding, please ask. )

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor

Hi Farid

I don't speak French and I'm struggling to learn Portuguese, but welcome and bienvenu.  You have come to the right place.  All of us have experienced anxiety, OCD, depression, withdrawal, and in some cases recovery.   I hope 2020 is your year for healing!

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• Moderator Emeritus

Bienvenu Farid, I don't attempt to write in French (I don't have the right keyboard, that is my excuse). Your English is fine. 

You can get the help you need here. Unfortunately, nobody can make your suffering disappear. There is no magic drug, no magic dosage, no magic trick. Only time and taking good care of yourself will help you heal. Then we can help you taper slowly at a pace your body and nervous system can tolerate. 

It will be a long journey but if you do it carefully you will not regret it.

I know that nursing can be stressful. I work in a hospital lab and it can be very stressful. This is another important reason to take your time and be careful and cautious with your tapering. If you go slow, you will be able to stay stable enough to work. I have worked full time for all my years of tapering (from five medications, in my case). 

I know you must be feeling desperate and hopeless, but there is really a lot of hope in the future for you.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thank you Mstimc :))

Hello Sassenach,

Yes, I wanted to switch to 8 mg too... it's sad to go back to zero ...

Ok I wait 7/10 days to see a difference.

today, it is not a very good day but better to 3 days ago.

Don't worry about other drugs, I'm just taking paroxetine and natural fish oil / magnesium without b vitamins
(can i take vit D sometimes?)  I listen to yours advices.🙂

thanks for the site, I'll see that .

It's a good idea from the daily newspaper!
I'm trying to remember for today ..

1.01.2020:

6:30 am: I woke up slowly and I feel anxiety (4). headache (3) eye pain (3) sad (2).
7.00am take 10 mg of paroxetine (half of my paroxetine 20mg i cut with my hand) and fish oil    (I try to take paroxetine between 6 or 7 hours, is that correct? Or do I need to be more specific?
7:30am to start to work :Feeling tired, nervous, anxious (4) headache (1) eyes (3)
7:30 am / 11:30 am: anxiety (3) sad mood (1) nervous (5)
12 am: sad mood (2) anxiety (3)
1 p.m .: a stressful situation makes me very nervous (6/7) anxiety (5) burning of the eyes Chest pain (3)
2 p.m. / 5 p.m .: nervous sleep 2 hours  anxiety (4) bad sensitivity of the legs such as electrical pain (restless leg in english?)  (When I sleep in the afternoon, my anxiety is worse, I think)
6 p.m .: dinner
7 p.m. anxiety (6) nervous (5) Burning eyes (5)  irritability (3)

10 p.m .: extremely tired nervous (4) anxiety (3) irritability (1)
11:30 p.m. to go to bed

04 am: dreams a lot at this moment

6.00am woke up ( headach (4) naussea(4) dizziness (4) nervous(4) sad mood(1) anxiety(2)

6.30am take my only coffe of the day ( try to get off) and eat a lot.

7.00am ( go to my house i sleep with my girlsfriends) a take my  hell 10mg before go to work

8.00am ( feel more tired just like a junky) headach(1) nervous (5) anxiety (3)

9.00am (sad mood (3) anxiety (3) nervous (5) irritability (6)

11.00am sad mood (4) anxiety (6) nervous (5) irritability(8)

12.00am dinner ang go to house anxiety (3) nervous (4) irritability (4)

Muscle pain today too ( I don't take magnesium today and yesterday . I must change because I have metarelax with vit b Inside

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

rhianon, thx you... you are nice.

yes our job are very stressful.

With time i lost  my self esteem  a lot its horrible...

Merci!

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Farid

Thanks for your diary, very informative.

6 hours ago, Farid said:

Or do I need to be more specific?

The more regular the better but providing it always between 6am to 7am you will be ok.

It is to maintain the same concentration of the drug at all times.

6 hours ago, Farid said:

1 p.m .: a stressful situation makes me very nervous (6/7) anxiety (5) burning of the eyes Chest pain (3)

If you are learning relaxation techniques these situations should get easier.

They are obviously part of your job and unavoidable so coping techniques are essential.

6 hours ago, Farid said:

When I sleep in the afternoon, my anxiety is worse, I think

You are probably getting second Cortisol hit which will pass with time.

6 hours ago, Farid said:

bad sensitivity of the legs such as electrical pain (restless leg in english?) 

Normal W/D symptoms, I have them too but have learned to ignore them.

You seem to sleep quite well, is that correct?

6 hours ago, Farid said:

half of my paroxetine 20mg i cut with my hand)

Would be better to get a pill cutter. Available fom Ebay or pharmacy for about 5 euros.

The 10mg dose will be fully active in the next few days so please keep your diary coming.

For the moment I would say you have made a good start.

Always remember you can and will get better if you take it slow.

Sass

you re welcome Sassenach

thx for your explication It reassures me..

My sleep: i sleep better since i decreases cafeine i think and maybe because i return to 10 mg too but i never have a good sleeping in my life before.

After your advice i ordered a pill cutter :)

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

Hello,

So today :03/1/2020

6am ;woke up ( bad sleep tonight)

Anxiety (2) sad mood(1) 

6.30am; patoxetine 10 mg + 1cp of fish oil today, no magnesium because I don't received the new one 

-take my breakfast and the only coffe of the day .

7.00am start to work  tired(6)nervous(2)

Anxiety(2) sad mood(1)

8.00 to 10.00 little stress with job I try the new method for decreseas stress ( it's not too high)

12.00am anxiety (2) sad mood(1) nervous( 3)

1pm tired(3) anxiety (2) sad mood(1)

Take dinner

3/5pm sleep a little in my bed

5pm nervous(6) anxiety (4) sad mood ( 2)

6pm return to works two hours nervous (7) anxiety (5) sad mood (2) pain in throat (2) chest pain(3)

7.30pm finish to work headach(5) nervous( 7) anxiety 5 sad 2 

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Farid said:

6am ;woke up ( bad sleep tonight)

Farid, tu dors combien de temps la nuit? 

Ta chambre est-elle complètement dans l'obscurité? Nous sommes nombreux à remarquer qu'une chambre complètement noire nous permet d'améliorer un peu la qualité de notre sommeil.

(Farid, how many hours do you sleep at night? Is your room in complete darkness? Sveral folks here noticed that a completely darkened room help us a bit to sleep better).

15 minutes ago, Farid said:

nervous( 7) anxiety 5 sad 2 

I'm curious, what difference do you make between 'nervous' and 'anxiety' ?

Je suis toujours très admirative des personnes qui parviennent à assurer au travail pendant ces périodes de déstabilisation ❤️

Current medication :

Hello erell :)

yes my bedroom is not totally in Darkness I must change that.

unfortunately I life in a  noisy street. Not perfect for have a good night.

The difference between nervous and anxiety for me it's

nervous it's a sensation just like when you drink a lot of coffee or RedBull y ou are not zen . A sort of content tension.

anxiety: it's many sensation tachycardia pain in heart stress+++ big sensation,dizzy,...

c est difficile à expliquer mais la nervositée est toujours en moi et va même augmenter l anxiété et vis versa.

peut être qu on peut tout mettre dans la case anxiété .

mais j ai l impression qu on pourrait les dissocier. Qu en penses tu ?

Nb: merci pour le boulot c est un combat chaque jour comme dans la vie . Donc je dois me délivrer de tout ca

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

Bonjour Farid, 

Je suis française. 

J'ai lu ton histoire. 

Pour dormir plus au calme tu peux essayer de mettre des bouchons d'oreilles et porter un masque de nuit.

Ce sont deux choses qui m'aident bien. 

Bon courage à toi. 

Vega. 

Hello Farid,  

I am French. I read your story. To sleep more calmly you can try to put on earplugs and wear a night mask. These are two things that help me well. 

Good luck to you.  

Vega.

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

Hello vegalia merci pour le conseil je vais voir pour en trouver des comfortables. Comment vas tu ?

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Farid

Diaries seem to indicate you are holding steady.

How do you feel compared to a week ago?

Sassenach

Its not worse to the last week yes, (anxiety, deppressing mood and physical sensation are decrease

its not perfect infortunaly, too anxious and nervous ... some time sa sad mood or a physically crushing pain in throat and chest

01.04.2020:

6.30 woke up for take paroxetine 10 mg and 1 oil fish with a little breakfast

bad sleeping because an external cause (children woke up to 3am)

i sleep again until 11am (no work today) tired (8) headach (6) nervous (2) anxiety (2) sadmood (1)

12am dinner and only coffe of the day

1-5pm (nervous4) anxiety (2) sad mood (2)

6pm have a conversation phone: big stress about the situation to speak in phone...(nervous 5) anxiety 6 sad mood about that 3

7pm go to sport because i want to go out to my house(little more anxiety but this time i can remember my new method.

8pm bad information and big anxiety (9) nervous 8 sad 4

10pm in bed: anxiety 4 nervous 5 sad 3

i work tommorow and after that i have 4 days without working.

( dont received magnesium today)

its not easy to watching my emotion during day. Because i do a obsession

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

Bonjour Farid, 

Peut être serais tu intéressé par ceci et y trouver une aide? 

Personnellement je pratique la cohérence cardiaque (exercices de respiration) de l'hypnose sur YouTube et de la méditation avec petit bambou. 

Si cela t'interesse je peux te donner des liens en français. 

Bonne journée. 

Vega 

Hello Farid,   Maybe you would be interested in this and find help there?

Personally I practice cardiac coherence (breathing exercises), hypnosis on YouTube and meditation with " Petit bambou ". If you are interested I can give you links in French.

Have a good day.

Vega

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Farid

You are doing well only one week into your updose.

I am pleased you are taking steps with anxiety.

Have you been offered any counselling to help?

Sass

hello vegalia,

thx you its a good idea, you can sent me the links :)

Bad day today ... i dont know why but i m feeling so anxious today ... I am discouraged

I work today (not the same place) and i have anticiped /

11pm go to bed

1.30 woke up a first time (many anxiety, strange dream)

6am woke up, not so tired no headach i think

6.30 breakfast with no coffe at all today paroxetine 10mg and 1cp of fish oil (before 2) sad mood 2 anxiety 2 nervosity 2

7.am start to work (tired 2) sad mood 2 anxiety 2 nervosity 3

today many new things to do New people to see so very dificult.

8am speak with a person and .. boom anxiety  up 7 sad mood reactional 5 nervosity 6 tired

10.am its worse

12am finish to work (little day today) and i so sad about this day

14. go sleep untill 16am

I am so discouraged maybe i am just a poor guy with this **** all my life ..

yes its not the same sensation to the last weeks but why i feel it so strong ..

pfffff

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

hello Sass,

Have you been offered any counselling to help?

oh i start a method for calming anxiety but its hard

i stop cafeine etc.

make  sport when i can

meditation , breathing.

nb: again infection urinary 2 times in one month .... wtf

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, Farid said:

h i start a method for calming anxiety but its hard

This is good but I meant with a professional psychotherapist.

Please note I do not mean PSYCHIATRIST

Sass

i saw many psychotherapeut but  no one helped.

just take my money

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

Farid, 

I sent you a PM with hypnosis links. 

Bonne soirée :)

Vega. 

• Moderator Emeritus

hello Farid, 

How are you doing?

❤️

Current medication :

Hello,

It's not easy many days with bad emotion, actually it's difficult to live with all that. 

Sometimes I m so anxious ( ex today I go to the pharmacie for take a antibiotic for my infectious uro. And I have a wave of anxiety after I m feel so bad and sad .
 I listen my program again anxiety .

And after I can continue my day .i dont know but all my sad gone 

I don't know if this medication make me like that or if it's just me?

I stop cafeine 100/100 too maybe it's little quickly.?

So actually it's 10mg paroxetine 1cp citrate magnesium and 1 oil fish the morning.

Today I take my bike until 2h too.

And this night I go to cinéma with my girlfriend.

I want to stop with this medication

Nb: petite question pour toi.

Quand puis je savoir si mon corps a atteinds le niveau de tolérance , celle qui fait que je pourrais être en état de manque.

Penses tu qu en servant je me sente mieux?

Tu peux leur demander stp?

Un gd merci

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

Hello , 

I have a rdv with the doc tomorrow for ask a new ordonnance .

When I can reduce paroxetine ? I started 10mg the 27 December 19 so I can reduce the 27 January? It's correct?

And how many ?10%?

so I ask 9mg for 30 days and a second with 8,1mg ?

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

No body ? :(

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Mentor

Hi Farid

We are here for you.  I will let the moderators and admins speak to specifics, but regarding your post from Saturday, as much as you may want to just stop, please don't.  Tapering takes time and dedication, but it will be much better in the long run than stopping cold turkey.  My first attempt at tapering was much too fast and I was hot with overwhelming anxiety and other symptoms.  It may seem like it will never stop, but it will.  You need to give your body and your brain time to adjust.

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

Thx you a lot, sometimes I say to me " no Farid you are like that now a little man sad and anxious definitively "  and I want to cry

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Farid said:

Hello , 

I have a rdv with the doc tomorrow for ask a new ordonnance .

When I can reduce paroxetine ? I started 10mg the 27 December 19 so I can reduce the 27 January? It's correct?

And how many ?10%?

so I ask 9mg for 30 days and a second with 8,1mg ?

Never cold turkey (which means just stop taking the drug).  It is essential to taper.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

You should reduce your dose by 10% of your current dose every four weeks ( every 30 days is fine also).  January 27 is the correct date for your next taper.  Your dosage calculations are also correct.  If you are going to use a compounding pharmacy and if your doctor is willing to give you prescriptions for each stage of your taper, that will work fine.

However, if you're going to use a regular pharmacy, you will need to make your own doses from the 10mg tablet.   Your choices are to get Paxil liquid (if available in Belgium), to make your own liquid or weigh using a scale.  This link explains how to make your own doses.

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

If you choose to weigh using a scale, many members use the AWS Gemini 20 scale, available on Amazon.  It is accurate and not expensive.

The GEMINI-20 Scale

This link explain how to make your doses using the scale.

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thx you. In Belgium it's impossible to have the sirop unfortunately.

So I wait 14 days for start 9mg( or maybe 9,5 I don't know )

paxil 5mg and crash

december 2019 7 mg

July 2020 9,5mg

augustus 20 9mg

september  2020 8,1mg

october  2020 7,3 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, Farid said:

So I wait 14 days for start 9mg( or maybe 9,5 I don't know )

Yes..  If you go to 9.5, that will be a 5% taper, which is fine.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.