SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

hezzer78: Mirtazapine/Remeron WD and Tapering

hezzer78

@altostrata Thanks - so that means at 7pm my time? Not local Europe time?

Last night was my 2nd night at 6.5mg. The first time, I had a little bit of a hard time going to sleep - although that could be related to my period, as I've always gotten cycle related insomnia. Last night was fine - I only woke up when a storm rolled in, and I normally wake up for those. No other symptoms to report just yet. Going to probably hold here until my follow up with my doc on 2/11.

ETA - The past two nights at 6.5mg I fell asleep without the need for ativan or benadryl - so I'm thinking this pace may be good for me. 

2018 - Tried Sertaline, Lexapro, and Amitriptyline before settling on Remeron/Mirtazapine - 7.5 mg, October

2019 - Mirtazapine 15 mg - February

2019 Dec 30 - Started Mirtazapine taper 7.5mg

2020 Jan 24 - Tapered 13% to 6.5mg mirtazapine

• 3 weeks later...

I made another drop on Friday 2/14.  Dropped another 1mg to 5.5mg. This equals out to a 15% drop.  Two nights in and I seem to be fine - although a bit more tired than normal. I've been taking my med at 5pm, since it's kind of hard to get up in the morning if I take it any later than that, but I may try 6pm tonight and see if that works ok. 

I'm planning on holding at this dose for the next 4 weeks or so - until we get back from our vacation to Spain. I saw my doc on Monday 2/11 - he stated he has never had anyone go this slow when tapering off medication, and when we get back from spain, he wants me to make a cut to 3.75mg. I probably won't do that though - and just do another 15% if this ends up being ok. He pretty much laughed at me for going so slow, but on the other hand, he just shrugged and said - "Ok - if it's working for you and it makes YOU feel comfortable, we'll keep doing this slow."  :) 

I see him when we get back from vacation - so if there's no change, I'll update then. 

2018 - Tried Sertaline, Lexapro, and Amitriptyline before settling on Remeron/Mirtazapine - 7.5 mg, October

2019 - Mirtazapine 15 mg - February

2019 Dec 30 - Started Mirtazapine taper 7.5mg

2020 Jan 24 - Tapered 13% to 6.5mg mirtazapine

3 hours ago, hezzer78 said:

He pretty much laughed at me for going so slow, but on the other hand, he just shrugged and said

He, like many other doctors, does not understand the effect of psychiatric medication on the human brain, and the vast accommodations the brain must make during the process of withdrawal.  

I’m so glad your taper is going well, @hezzer78!!!  I wish I could go as quickly as you!  🤗

Best,

Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

2020 January:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

2020 December 1st:  off klonopin completely

currently on 15mgai zoloft 

• ChessieCat changed the title to hezzer78: Mirtazapine/Remeron WD and Tapering