Iplp

lplp: Withdrawing from benadryl

Iplp

I took 100 mg of benadryl an SSRI for 30 years for sleep. Then had a seizure at age 60 i had to quit work and slowly taper over 2.5 years and at 3mg i went ct and stopped. The wd r debilitating. Fatique dizzy brain fog headaches.  Iam a walking zombie. Not sure how long this will last. 

Gridley
Posted (edited)

Welcome to lplp.

Benadryl is an antihistamine, not an SSRI antidepressant.  Were you also on an SSRI? If so, which one and at what dosage?

When did you stop the Benadryl and, if you were on an SSRI, when did you stop it and at what dosage?

The following link gives excellent information about benadryl withdrawal, especially the posts by cymbaltawithdrawal5600.

Fuhgetabouddit: I need help! - Surviving Antidepressants

This is your Introduction topic, where you can answer my questions, ask your own and connect with other members.

Edited by Gridley

Iplp

In reading about benadryl aka diphenhydramine for the past 5 years it was used before prozac came along from 1940 to 1970 as a mild ssri. Then prozac came along and all hell broke loose. No im not taking anything else except Icelandic astaxathin 12mg this is helping with mood and fatique. I wish everyone a good recovery. Each day is different good and bad. There is a light.