Godsave

Godsave: Lexapro withdrawal and reinstatement

Godsave

Thank u very much 😊👍

very sorry that I started a new topic 

thank u 

Godsave

Hi altrostata 

I have seen some improvements still I have taken 5 mg .. but still my focus is not clear and I do have memory issues which makes me very scary . 

I also wanted to ask u whether taking this for Long term will cause memory loss etc as I am very much scared after reading those horrific stories in Google .. 

please help me 

thank you 

godsave 

Godsave

@Gridley

please advise my tapering schedule .. 

I am taking Lexapro 5 mg from nov 25 th 2019 .. 

can feel better now.. 

when should I start my next taper .. 

could u also recommend any supplements.. 

pls help me through my journey.. 

thank you 

Gridley
12 hours ago, Godsave said:

What are your symptoms now?  How are you feeling?  Are your symptoms tolerable and are they more or less the same every day?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

Your memory loss is temporary and will return to normal in time once you're off the drug.

Godsave

Hi gridley.. 

as of now my deep depression pain has resolved .. and  Mood is better .. I have tiredness and at times I have those anxious thoughts on / off .. 

mother than that I feel better .. 

I am taking omega 3 1000 mg already in the mornings .. 

thank you 

Gridley
13 hours ago, Godsave said:

It sounds like you are ready to taper.  As you may already know, we recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

That would make your next dose 4.5mg Lexapro.  You would hold there for four weeks and then, if you're doing okay, you would drop down 10% of 4.5mg. You can calculate what that would be by multiplying 4.5 X .9 = 4.05mg.  That would be your next dose.

The following link is specifically about tapering Lexapro and includes information about how to get the small non-standard doses you will need for your taper.  The methods are having the doses compounded at a compounding pharmacy, making your own liquid from tablets, or cutting tablets and weighing them on a digital scale.

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

I don't know if you have Amazon.com in Singapore.  If you decide to cut tablets and weigh, many members use the AWS Gemini-20 scale, available on Amazon.com.

Using a digital scale to measure doses

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Godsave

@Gridley thank you very very much 😊🙏🏼  for all ur guidance and information.. I will try to buy the weighing machine and will try to taper very slowly

thank you very much 

Godsave

Hi altrostata and others .. 

how are you all doing .. 

I was doing well when I tapered down my 5 mg Lexapro to 2.5 from Feb 2020 until now .. 

but suddenly I developed anxiety and depression symptoms for the past 1 week .. should I start taking 5 mg again ? .. 

please advice .. thank you v much 😊🙏🏼🙏🏼

Altostrata

When was the last time you made a dosage change? What has been your reduction schedule?

Have you recently taken an antibiotic, another drug, or had an alcoholic drink?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Godsave
On 1/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, Godsave said:

Hi I withdraw Lexapro for 1 year completely facing unbearable withdrawals and again started for 6 months slowly tapered to 5 and was on 2.5 for 1 year and again quit for 5 months .. crashed very badly again and now reinstated 5 mg for 1 month .. when will my symptoms improve .. and is there anyone who really quit this hell and leading their life again .. PKEASE PKEASE OKEASE HELP ME 

hi .. I was taking Lexapro 5 mg from nov 2019 to jan 2020 .. then reduced to 2.5 mg and suddenly I developed this anxiety due to this pandemic and crashed again badly .. 

so now I am taking 5 mg again for the past 3 days .. 

I am trying to quit this medication so hard for a very Long time I am trying and also I fall very badly .. so much disappointed as I have to go back with these medication again .. 

kindly advise me if I need to take 5 mg or I can take lesser .. kindly advise my tapering schedule.. thank you very much 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Godsave
On 5/29/2020 at 2:02 AM, Altostrata said:

When was the last time you made a dosage change? What has been your reduction schedule?

Have you recently taken an antibiotic, another drug, or had an alcoholic drink?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Hi alto 

it was suddenly I raised my dose to 5 mg last week due to some anxiety to this pandemic and then spiraled .. like I don’t want to take this medication and so next day stopped again the next day 5 .. like this alternate doses for the last week .. 

but I have determined to stay in 2.5 mg .. today I went to cycling too .. but I want the hope from you that I can do it definitely this time in 2.5 as for the past two years I stay in that dose and I quitter too for a few months .. 

kindly give me hope .. 

thank you very much 😊🙏🏼