Is this interdose withdrawal from Seroquel?

FleeingFluoxetine

Hey, all. I’ve noticed that every time I lower my dose of Seroquel, my evenings completely fall apart. It wasn’t bad back when I was at 75 mg or so, but I went from 50 to 25 mg on December 8th, 2019 after being hospitalized because Seroquel depresses me. At 50 mg I had an agitated depression and had suicidal thoughts, so off to the hospital I went. They cut the dose in half. The depression lifted a lot but the crying spells were awful. But they’ve slowed down. 

At the higher amounts of Seroquel, I would suffer terrible anxiety every evening about my parents passing away. I’m single, the withdrawal has killed my job, and I don’t have any family. It would scare me so much I would text/chat with anyone on Facebook until I fell asleep. Eventually it went away and I reclaimed my evenings at the guitar. 

But since I’ve gone from 50 to 25 mg, I’ve moved back in with my parents on a cot in their basement because I can’t face the fear of being alone in my condo at night while I’m feeling this bad. We’ve been watching movies and right on time, around 6:30-8:00pm every night, I get this intense agitation that I can’t stand. It grows and grows until I have to walk around the block twice, usually in -10 degree weather. It goes away once I take my meds and returns every night, but a bit less intense. For the first few weeks I was crying as I walk. Now I just walk. Tonight was the first time I didn’t have to walk, but I’m still terrified of my parents dying. 

Is this interdose withdrawal? Will it go away? Are there coping strategies to deal with this? I started at 150 mg in February 3018 and I can’t go back on because the drug depresses me. I don’t know what to do. 

fleeingfluoxetine

As of September 5th, 2022:

13 mg liquid Prozac - Reinstated in March, 2020. Prior to that, 1994-2019

43 mg Seroquel - Started in July 2006

9.375 mg Imovane - Started in March, 2020

20 mg Propranolol 3x a day - June, 2020

0.5 mg Clonazepam 3x a day - June, 2020

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy