blanketsareawesome

blanketsareawesome: Weaning off Pristiq. Beginning of PSSD?

blanketsareawesome

3:00 feel Almost completely myself. 

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 18th 2020. Felt amazing and completely myself.

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

- March 2020 still struggling to stabilize.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

For sleep: melatonin 3 mg

blanketsareawesome

Okay @Altostrata. Thank you. 
I actually was feeling really suicidal and wanted to get help with coping skills at the stress center. I ended up caving when the NP came by and she gave me this whole speech about how she’d never steer me wrong. That’s still my fault though. I trust you guys more than I trust them any day. I will try to use some of the coping skills that I learned there and keep things together. I should learn in a week or two from the end do. 

I will update the symptoms timeline this week. 

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

Altostrata

Thanks. You don't need to trust us, do what makes sense to you.

We need to see 24 HOURS OF DAILY NOTES over at least several days before we can answer your questions about drug effects.

Please post 24 HOURS OF NOTES in one post.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

blanketsareawesome

Thanks @Altostrata. It means a lot. Will do 24 hours in one post from now on. 

can all these changes cause a giant crash later on? I know it’s usually with decreases, but I didn’t know if it could occur with additional changes over a short period. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Well, sometimes you drink alcohol and sometimes you get a new psychiatric drug prescription and sometimes you make spontaneous drug changes.

I cannot predict how or when you'll stabilize, you seem to work against yourself a lot.

You're going to have to take responsibility for taking care of yourself. Your ability to sabotage yourself exceeds anyone's ability to help you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata I understand

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

7:00 am Got out of bed. Felt a little bit better. Could actually laugh at some videos. Head pressure is not as bad.

8:30 am ate food. In better spirits. Watched some tv.

9:10 am Took my wellbutrin 75 mg.

9:50 Got sick after overeating snacks.

11:00 anxious, but likely because I was worried about possibly puking up dose.

12:00 felt less pressure

1:00 felt less pressure more clear headed

2:00 pressure moved from top middle to side of head.

3:00 tingling all over body and I forehead

4:00 still feel pretty good. Some pressure on sides of head. 

5:00 ate dinner. Felt a little foggier

6:00 watched a movie and enjoyed it. 
7:00 ate some snacks 

8:00 Feel pressure come baack

9:00 pressure intensifies

10 pm- felt slightly sleepy

12:00 pm woke up stressed. Skin felt icy minty cold sensation. 

1-7 am wired couldn’t sleep fosses and turned all nifnt

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

I feel this odd cold sensation all over my body. As if I bathed in menthol

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Given the recent drug changes probably rocked your boat, you seem to be doing pretty well. I would avoid making myself sick eating snacks.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata will do. I feel pretty good today as well. Not as good as yesterday but definitley a partial window.

Windows and waves

Altostrata

There you go. It may be hard for you, but being consistent, not overdoing, and not panicking is a way you can take care of yourself.

blanketsareawesome

Okay thank you @Altostrata. I’ve actually had more 3 windows this week, more than I have had in a single week since the alcohol. It’s definitely odd. I reacted badly initially to the meds but when I removed them, I seem to return to my baseline from last week, before the drug changes. But who knows. I could be in for a rude awakening soon. Hopefully not.  Gonna continue to take daily notes. Thank you for your help. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

7:00 am woke up feeling decent. Pressure in head, anhedonia.

8:00 am ate breakfast

9:00 am took medicine

10:00 am pressure moved to sides of head

11:00 pressure moved to middle of head

12:00 pm started to have panic attacks and anger

1:00 pm threw things

2:00 restless

3:00 angry pressure in head intense

4:00 started to calm down.

5:00 ate dinner

6:00 felt more myself, but still head pressure and sexual dysfunction.

7:00 watched a show and laughed a bit.

8:00 took 3 mg melatonin

9:00 started to feel sleepy

10:00 fell asleep

2:00 am woke up. Felt panicked.

4:00 am fell back asleep.

6:00 am woke back up. Feel really foggy.

7:00 drank earl grey tea and had breakfast.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

I am working on calming myself down. It's just weird, because when I get this head pressure, I feel like a different person and I want to break things. I've never been this way until all of this happened. I felt genuine emotions on Friday morning before taking the meds and on Sunday. I even felt them this last Thursday. I am trying not to wait for the medication experiments to come crashing down on me. The windows were amazing this week and it sucks I can't enjoy or find solace in them because of the mistakes I made last weekend. My baseline right now feels better than before, less pressure, so that's good, but I still feel odd. I have this tingling all over my body and stabbing pains and headaches. No sexual interest or function. When I would think about things before and try to evoke emotion, I would feel this jerking feeling in my head. As if a signal was trying to go through but it felt like it would be blocked. Now, my head just feels some pressure, but I don't feel that signal trying to go through anymore. Just not many feelings.  I also get this weird pain at the top of my spine when I try to evoke emotion. It's so odd.

Windows and waves

Altostrata
5 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

9:00 am took medicine

What did you take at 9 a.m. and at what dosage?

4 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

I am working on calming myself down.

Great! Keep doing this, ESPECIALLY when you feel the head pressure. Maybe you can use it as a signal for doing deep meditative breathing. The discipline of the breathing gets your mind off the feeling of weirdness.

When you feel like breaking things, is it a feeling of frustration because you've gotten a wave of symptoms?

blanketsareawesome

Sorry @Altostrata. I took my 75 mg Wellbutrin at 9:00 am. 

I think it's a combination of feeling the symptoms come on and feeling like I don't have control. So I get angry, which is so unlike me, but with the anhedonia I don't seem to care if I do something irrational. Like I don't feel bad about it, which is awful. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata
2 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

So I get angry, which is so unlike me, but with the anhedonia I don't seem to care if I do something irrational. Like I don't feel bad about it, which is awful. 

If you like doing this, please do not report it as a symptom. It's under your control.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata you are right. Feeling much better today. Slept 7 hours only waking once. Had lots of dreams. Head pressure very light. Mostly on the sides and back of my head. Feel more motivated today and actually care about some things. Feel a lot more myself. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

3/22

slept 6 hours on and off

7 woke up felt okay

8 felt a little foggier

9 took 75 mg Wellbutrin

10 felt pressure on sides of head

11 upper spine pain when I try to think

12 very emotionally blunted 

1 depressed

2 depressed

3 depressed

4 depressed

5 start to calm down. Pressure subsided a bit

6 feel a little more myself

7 watched a movie

8 felt a little foggy but sleepy took 3mg melatonin

9 layed down

10 fell asleep

3 woke up

4 fell back asleep 

7 woke up feeling great. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata
3 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

1 depressed

2 depressed

3 depressed

4 depressed

You need to look at your thoughts when you are in this state. Are you generating your own symptoms? Are you picking at your own psychic wounds? You can stop this.

Even looking at pictures of puppies and kittens can help. Whatever you can do to break self-harming habits of mind, you should do it. Be creative.

Please continue to post daily notes. Your symptom pattern is becoming clearer. Thank you.

blanketsareawesome

3/23

7 woke up feeling good. Slept full 7 hours only waking once

8 Felt motivated to clean. Had fleeting interest in reading a book. Cleaned room. (Normally don’t feel any motivation or interest. 

9 Took 75 mg Wellbutrin

10 continued cleaning. Head pressure on sides of head but not bad. 

11 Tried on cute clothes. Watched a show that I like. 

12 cleaned. 

1  head pressure not bad. Feeling more interested in things

2 don’t have full sexual dysfunction, just lack of romantic feelings. Tested that out. Things worked.

3 started to feel more anhedonia after this

4 head pressure worsened

5 felt more wired 

6 layed down and felt more foggy

7 head and tooth pain

8  calmed a bit. Took 3 mg melatonin

9 still anhedonic but calmer

10 went to bed 

2 woke up. Tossed and turned for the rest of the night. 

7 woke up

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Something that’s odd is that since My experiments, Since then I don’t have much head pressure. It’s very minimal. I feel like before, with the head pressure, I felt like my brain was trying to adjust and overtime it would lift, then I would feel more. When I would try to think of things (especially emotions and 

Love) a signal would seemingly try to go through. I could feel it bouncing in my head but it’s like it would be blocked and I’d feel pressure. Now I am afraid it’s not adjusting anymore. Because when I try to think of those same things now I don’t feel any signaling or anything. I just don’t feel much. I don’t have much head pressure or headaches. I used to get major floaters too and I don’t now. Obviously those things sucked but it seemed like a sign that my brain was trying before. 

@Altostrata I downloaded tik Tok and those have cheered me up a bit when feeling down.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Things I’ve noticed

• When I can listen to music and enjoy it, my emotional capacity is up. When I can feel another pain or connect with them, then I know my emotions are getting better, but then it goes away.
  • When I am interested in clothing or shopping. Or cleaning my room and planning for something, my sexual function is up.
  • Very rarely do the two things come together, but sometimes they do. At least they did during my windows and waves
  • My windows after the medicine have been good, but emotionally and musically not there. Worried the medicine halted my brain from trying to recover these aspects.
  • my baseline is better I suppose though. I feel calmer and less angry, just don’t feel much. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Keep doing things that make you feel better. Stop doing things that make you feel worse.

Remember it's very common to have emotional anesthesia while taking psychiatric drugs and often for a while after you go off.

Keep up the good work!

blanketsareawesome

I also don’t have much anxiety or OCD anymore. I feel sedated most the time and that my mind isn’t running like it used to. I’d prefer that to this honestly. I miss my OCD. 

On a better note, I had some windows this week, despite the fact that I screwed up a lot. So I’m grateful for that. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Looking back, I thought I didn't have much emotional range before. Now I'm realizing I was getting there. I could feel extreme sadness, jealousy, frustration and fear. I had fleeting moments of interest in things. I realize that I did care about some things. Now I feel much more numb. I really know numb now.  I feel so sedated. :( that's my fault though.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

3/23
7 didn’t sleep well

8 woke up a little foggy. Some head pressure on top sides of head

9 took 75 mg Wellbutrin. Anhedonic and foggy

10 foggy anhedonic 

11 out of it foggy anhedonic 

12 felt out of it. Had some floaters. Anhedonic. 

1 bouts of crying ( not sure why)

2 crying 

3 crying 

4 head cleared a bit. Calmed down. Felt some more pressure in my head. Especially in top, back of head and temples.

5 felt better mood wise. Some pressure in head. 

6 laughed at some videos. Muted romantic thoughts. 

7 found some people attractive. Ate dinner. Became tired. 

8  anhedonic again 

9 burning feelings on both sides of head. Like hair being pulled 

10 fell asleep

3 woke up

4 fell back asleep 

6 woke up

7 mild head pressure and intense headaches

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Had a health scare with my grandma today and I felt nothing. This Is awful. I had to fake excitement for my friend being pregnant. A year ago I cried 8 times at her wedding. I know how I should feel and I feel trapped inside my mind. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Your full range of feeling will slowly come back. Please stop poking at that bruise.

blanketsareawesome

I think I crashed. I have horrible restlessness and feel wired. 

Windows and waves

manymoretodays
Posted (edited)

Hi blankets,

A wave perhaps?  They will come and go.  So music helps you regulate a bit? 

Shep put together this, and I encourage you to take a look:

Music therapy/music for wellness and healing

^ online resources on music and healing

You made me think of Rumi too, as I scanned on back a bit in your Introduction.

The Guest House, in particular, and so will share it here.  Rumi wrote most of his stuff a long time ago, a mystic and a poet for sure:

This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,

who violently sweep your hourse

empty of its furniture,

still, treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.

( Taken from The Essential Rumi, Translations by Coleman Barks with John Moyne)

I always like to think, I can let the unwanted in, and then just don't make them too comfortable, and they'll up and leave before you know it.  The feelings and sensations that are uncomfortable.  Blankets, you might have been fairly numb to feelings for awhile too........so this coping can be unfamiliar.  Some of your feelings anyway.

Hope you have a good day today, overall.

And best.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

p.s. thanks for humoring me too, sometimes I just love the click clack of my keyboard and like to type B)

Edited by manymoretodays

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

blanketsareawesome

Had a lot of anxiety/restlessness this past week. Lots of intrusive thoughts and feeling low.  Trying to not let it get to me. My parents want me to be happy but I can’t pretend I feel fine during this. They are taking me back to the stress center tomorrow. Not gonna get on meds though. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Many of us have had anxiety and restlessness this last week.

When it comes to anxiety and restlessness, you decide whether it merits taking a drug to control. If you decide to manage it without drugs, you can do it. If you don't want this responsibility, drugs may work for you.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata  @manymoretodays is it too late for reinstatement at a low dose? The anhedonia and insomnia has become too much. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

I’ve been waking up with horrible panic and crying spells. I try to calm myself down but I feel like I am crawling out of my skin.  I am waking every 1-2 hours it seems. But I guess I did that sometimes before. Getting 5 max. It’s been two weeks since I tried the other meds. Is it catching up to me? I feel less anhedonic, not much less, but less. Brain fog is pretty much gone, but sleep has been not the best the last two days and I find my nervousness is higher. Am i kindled? My restlessness during the day Today  has improved however. 

I also don’t know if those windows I felt, 2 days after stopping the Wellbutrin and 2 days after the buspar, were hangover effects of the meds. It makes me wonder if I’m better off with something 

Windows and waves

manymoretodays
2 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

@Altostrata  @manymoretodays is it too late for reinstatement at a low dose? The anhedonia and insomnia has become too much. 

Hi blankets,

I spied some notes with 6 and 7 hours of sleep.  But then no notes since the 23rd.

You are still on your 75 mg of Wellbutrin.

What happened at the stress center?

1 hour ago, blanketsareawesome said:

I’ve been waking up with horrible panic and crying spells. I try to calm myself down but I feel like I am crawling out of my skin.  I am waking every 1-2 hours it seems. But I guess I did that sometimes before. Getting 5 max. It’s been two weeks since I tried the other meds. Is it catching up to me? I feel less anhedonic, not much less, but less. Brain fog is pretty much gone, but sleep has been not the best the last two days and I find my nervousness is higher. Am i kindled? My restlessness during the day Today  has improved however. 

I also don’t know if those windows I felt, 2 days after stopping the Wellbutrin and 2 days after the buspar, were hangover effects of the meds. It makes me wonder if I’m better off with something 

If today has improved, then that is good.  Maybe more of the same to come.

I did notice that after one of your nights of taking melatonin, it looked like you might have waited 2 or more hours to go to bed.  From my understanding, once you take melatonin, it works best if you go to lights out, and into bed.  And I don't know if you need the 3 mg dose of melatonin, you might do just as well, with a lower dosage too.

Are your melatonin nights better than the others?  As it doesn't appear that you take that regularly, or I don't know, as you haven't done any notes for a few days.

I'd try and stay put blankets, if I were you.  Symptoms will come and go, in waves and windows.  You are noting some improvement too.  That's good.

Best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays