blanketsareawesome

blanketsareawesome: Weaning off Pristiq. Beginning of PSSD?

blanketsareawesome

@manymoretodays sorry I hadn’t posted my notes. Was busy with a lot with some family stuff and it I didn’t keep up. The past few days were pretty much the same as the other days, just higher anxiety and less deep sleep. More nausea as well. More anhedonic a few days ago than now. I had about two hours where I felt less anhedonic and felt some attachment to family and friends. Then it went again. The stress center I think would have been really great for me if I didn’t take all those meds. I felt a good window coming on when I went in and had some good ones in there. But I was so consumed with my mistake that it was hard to not worry. 

i started the melatonin at the stress center and just continued with it bc I felt it helped me a bit. I didn’t need it before to sleep but I figured since I rocked the boat so much with the meds that I’d probably be needing it the next couple of weeks

i will try that with the melatonin. Just bought some new 1mg and will take closer to bed!

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 18th 2020. Felt amazing and completely myself.

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

- March 2020 still struggling to stabilize.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

For sleep: melatonin 3 mg

blanketsareawesome

Also I’m getting this new odd pain at the top of my spine when I think of certain things. Like if I try to think of a certain emotion or evoke it  it’s like I get this pain there. Weird

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

blanketsareawesome

@manymoretodays would reinstatement make it worse? Like do the drug changes I made before cancel any chance of a successful reinstatement?

im literally sick. No matter how much I eat, I can’t gain weight. I look emancipated. The circles under my eyes are horrible. My hair is falling out in clumps. I haven’t had a period this month. We just got the results back and it wasn’t thyroid or hormone issue.
Im just worried because I am afraid whatever I did at the stress center caused long term damage to my ability to think and to feel. I was having windows of improvement before and I am afraid I just started declining. I didn’t want to miss my window of opportunity to reinstate if that was an option. 

Windows and waves

manymoretodays
Posted (edited)

Hi blankets,

As you stated that you had a "bad reaction" when your dose was doubled........if I were you, I would stay put now.

5 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

Im just worried because I am afraid whatever I did at the stress center caused long term damage to my ability to think and to feel. I was having windows of improvement before and I am afraid I just started declining. I didn’t want to miss my window of opportunity to reinstate if that was an option. 

Very unlikely, in my opinion, that you caused long term damage.  You've had some windows of improvement after March 12, as well......if you look back on some of your notes, and narratives.

Waves and windows my friend.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

blanketsareawesome

@manymoretodays I meant if the pristiq. I didn’t know if it was too late for that or Effexor at a low dose. I don’t know if I’m suffering from withdrawal from that or the serotonin toxicity 

Windows and waves

manymoretodays

Hi blankets,

Oh no, I would not be a fan of having you get re-medicated now, with different drugs.

Are you able to do a 24 hour period of notes?

Add in any non-drug coping that you might be using now too.

(((((blankets))))))

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

blanketsareawesome

@manymoretodays my psychiatrist diagnosed me with bipolar disorder even though I’ve never had any of these symptoms before. Family is having interventions with me and trying to convince me to get on meds and that I’m in denial that I’m bipolar

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

A window! A glorious window

Windows and waves

manymoretodays

Very good blankets!  Try and do your best with it, and do not overdo please.  Stay safe.

blanketsareawesome

March 31 

5 woke up. Slept 5-6 hours

6 watched some tv. Head pressure not so bad

7  felt interested in some things. Looked at some clothes online

8 felt foggier and anhedonic

9 started to feel a bit more myself

10 took meds late. Took 75 mg Wellbutrin

11 felt happy. Head pressure and aches not bad. 

12 wanted to watch Star Wars. Decided to turn that on. 

1 felt a little foggier and anhedonic. Not as into watching anything.

2 took a bath, felt pretty good. Had thoughts of romance and Dating someone. Daydreamed a bit. 
3 felt foggy and head pressure returned

4 felt a little more myself and felt happy. 
5 head pressure and felt a little more out of it and slightly more anhedonic.

6 anhedonic but calm. Able to get by. 
7 headaches. Head pressure

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

9 took Melton in 3 mg

9:30 went to sleep

3 woke up. Tossed and turned. Nervous 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

I’m So scared I’m going to crash. Is that something that could happen after those drugs? It’s been two weeks. This last week, my sleep has declined a lot. I have trouble falling back asleep, whereas before I just woke up a bunch, but could fall back asleep alright.  Or is it a good sign I had windows? @manymoretodays

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Apparently I’m low in folate, d, b12 (which I’m not taking) and iron. Also my T3 levels are low.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

My parents are getting a court order for me to take pristiq again.  I have no where to go and it’s not like I can get a job rn. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Are there stories of anyone who reinstated For a short period of time with other meds while they were having windows and waves and managed to recover? I was probably in the home stretch until I did that. I’ve had lots of windows since then and I’d say my baseline is better minus the sleep. But I’m just waiting for it to all come crushing in around me

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Improvements since drug changes: brain fog and headaches aren’t as intense, physical anhedonia is less (I feel cozy in my bed and feel warm fuzzies hugging and at the thought of cuddling), bowel issues are less ( back on normal schedule), multiple windows, vision substantially improved. Still have floaters but not bad

things that have worsened: sleep, motivation, less windows where music is enjoyed and a desire to talk to people and concern for them

Windows and waves

manymoretodays

Hi blankets,  Would your parents be open to looking at parent resources at the MIA site.  Mad in America site.  Or counseling? The whole family kind.  Oh my.  I wish you all well through these difficult times.   Folate is an easy one....fresh greens.  We do have information on Thyroid, folate, and B12 too.  And just go slow, only one new thing at a time.  Adminstrator Karma wrote alot about thyroid.  In her Introduction and then there us a topic too, in S and SC.  I take the sublingual B12....methocobalmin type.  It has always been calming for me.  I don't know.....but I could fake it a bit when I was anhedonic.  To some extent.  Maybe try an hour or less at a time....to be helpful or concerned?  All for now.  L, P , H, and G.  mmt

blanketsareawesome
4 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

Improvements since drug changes: brain fog and headaches aren’t as intense, physical anhedonia is less (I feel cozy in my bed and feel warm fuzzies hugging and at the thought of cuddling), bowel issues are less ( back on normal schedule), multiple windows, vision substantially improved. Still have floaters but not bad

things that have worsened: sleep, motivation, less windows where music is enjoyed and a desire to talk to people and concern for them, tinnitus

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

@manymoretodays unfortunately they are set in their ways and don’t believe me. They won’t believe anyone but a psychiatrist. They’ve called me delusional for believing it’s withdrawal. “It’s out of your system” the thing is they are the most kind supportive parents but they believe I’m depressed and I don’t blame them. They think they are saving me. I should have just suffered quietly and not told them how I felt and this probably wouldn’t have happened. I started to believe I was actually delusional before I went to the stress center.  I feel like an idiot. I’m so scared I’m not going to get better after all the stuff I had at the stress center. Or if I do it could be years because of my mistakes. Thank you I’ll look at the b12. I’ll try my best to put some effort forward despite not feeling it. I’ve never been good at faking it when I feel bad, unfortunately, but I will try my best. 

Windows and waves

Rozon1

Yo blanket, I’m here with ya girl! I keep thinking that I’ve kindled myself to the point of no return. Then I got off the medication which seemed to break the camels back. I was in a bad way just 1 month ago. I’m in the same mind set as you are but we’re gunna get through this together. 

I fully relate to you. You’re not crazy or anything. I Relate to your story so much. The feelings you have, etc. you can message me if you’d like! I wouldn’t mind having a buddy to talk to. Therapeutic. 

Regardless, we got this! Well get past this 

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

blanketsareawesome

@Rozon1 thanks so much for the support! It means a lot ❤️ We can definitley chat! It will be nice to talk with people more who understand!

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

5 woke up. Slept 4 hours on and off
7 felt irritable. Head hurt a lot

8 irritable

9  calmed down. Took 75 mg Wellbutrin

10 felt out of it. 

11-3 out of it but calm. Head pressure wasn’t bad. 

4 went on a walk. Felt sluggish. 

5 started to feel sleepy 

6 watched some tv

7 head pressure building

8 head pressure getting worse

9 headaches felt very anhedonic. 

10 went to bed

10:30 woke up

11 tossed and turned

2-5 tosses and turned. Couldn’t sleep. 
6 felt awful head pressure and headaches intense. Feels like I have a headband on my head. nervous feeling in stomach. Tingling forhead. pressure on top middle head. 

7 pressure moved and pain to top back of my head. felt more human. Looked at some things on Pinterest. Found travel pictures interesting and had a desire to travel (it’s been a while since I thought of that) I found landscape photos beautiful. 

ive seen almost every piece of me, at least once these last two weeks. Even if it only lasted moments. I hope this is a good sign that I will heal in the future.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Watched Sherlock this morning and I as able to keep up. Could actually enjoy it. Wanted to jump through the screen and walk around London. It was a good feeling.

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

What’s funny is my vitamin levels were checked in February at the beginning when this all happened. I had deficiencies. In March, before I went to the stress center, my vitamins were perfect. So was my thyroid. The swelling had also gone down on my brain. I wasn’t feeling great but I would have hours long windows some days. After the stress center and me trying the other meds, my vitamin levels and thyroid are all out of wack again. I don’t think it’s coincidence. 

Windows and waves

Erell
6 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

Watched Sherlock this morning and I as able to keep up. Could actually enjoy it. Wanted to jump through the screen and walk around London. It was a good feeling.

7 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

ive seen almost every piece of me, at least once these last two weeks. Even if it only lasted moments. I hope this is a good sign that I will heal in the future.

So many great news blanket! You are on the right path ! ❤

2006 : 20mg Paroxetine + Bromazepam(no specific dose) 

2008 : cold turkey of both

2010 : 20mg Deroxat + Bromazepam

2013: Switch from Bromazepam To Prazepam (long half-life)

2014-June2017 : Prazepam taper, 3% drops. 

2018 to August 2019 : Paroxetine 20mg taper (3% every 15 days).

- 22nd August updosed To 10mg (was at 8.4mg) because of a big wave. 

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paroxetine. 

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate/ fish oil/ evening primrose oil 

Current medication :

7mg Fluoxetine + toothpick Paroxetine (since 20 Aug 2020)

1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

Altostrata

Are you taking immediate-release Wellbutrin?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

blanketsareawesome

Yes I take immediate release 75 mg in the morning @Altostrata

Windows and waves

Altostrata

You are getting interdose withdrawal in the late afternoon.

Are you splitting a tablet to take 75mg?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

blanketsareawesome

No I only take the one tablet in the morning @Altostrata

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Would that explain why most of my windows (80 percent) are in the earlier in the day?However,  some of my best Ones have been in the evening. Like my most complete ones. But the most frequent are in the morning and then I get more irritable and anhedonic in the evening. My psychiatrist had mentioned this and I had wanted to ask you about it. Would it be okay to do now with all the chaos I'm sure I did to my system almost 3 weeks ago? @Altostrata

Windows and waves

Altostrata
41 minutes ago, blanketsareawesome said:

My psychiatrist had mentioned this and I had wanted to ask you about it.

What did your psychiatrist mention?

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata splitting the Wellbutrin and taking it twice a day. Should I start doing this? If so, what times? Could some of my symptoms be attributed to that?

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Why did your psychiatrist not direct you to do this?

Pretty likely you need to take it twice a day, at least. The way to do this is cut the tablet in half, take one half at the same time each morning, take the other half one hour later each day until you're taking them 12 hours apart (could be earlier, depending on your reaction). You will need to keep daily notes while you do this, so you can see what it's doing.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata Thanks alto. I think I will start tomorrow. I may think on it though. I feel like I've rattled my system so much lately.  I got a new psychiatrist and he mentioned it the other day. It was more like "You can if you want" type thing. Would taking it before bed make it harder to sleep?

Windows and waves

Altostrata

<Facepalm> Well, at least he knew what the problem was, even if he didn't solve it.

If you move half a dose gradually, you can tell if it will affect your sleep. The daily notes will help you figure out what it's doing. It's possible you won't want to take it later than 3 p.m., but you will still avoid interdose withdrawal. You will be able to taper it later.

blanketsareawesome

Can ginger or cinnamon make anhedonia worse? I had some tea earlier with both of these things and man I feel really anhedonic. Even more than normal. Warm fuzzies are gone :(

Windows and waves