blanketsareawesome

blanketsareawesome: Weaning off Pristiq. Beginning of PSSD?

blanketsareawesome

April 5
7 am head pressure intense. Feel very sleepy

9 was able to laugh at some things. Took 37.5

Wellbutrin

9:30 took 37.5 Wellbutrin. Meant to take it at 10. Looked at the broken clock (ugh) 

10 went on a 2 mile walk. Felt a little more myself. Maybe 30 percent. Started to get more pressure. Felt more out of it. Floaters and visual snow

12 tinnitus. Head pressure on the top of head. Very out of it.  Sleepy 

Anhedonia really bad.

1 tinnitus less anhedonic

2 cried Very anhedonic. Feel out of it. 

3 horrible anhedonia. Head pressure.  Feel alien. Everything looks surreal. Went on a walk. 

4 vision extremely bkurrry. Feel really slow. Can’t process/ think/ remember much. Muscle twitches in face and arms. Feel extremely disassociated. Head pressure intense on the top of my head. Feel like I’m outside my body. 
445 pains in left temple. Head pressure intense

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 18th 2020. Felt amazing and completely myself.

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

- March 2020 still struggling to stabilize.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

For sleep: melatonin 3 mg

Altostrata

Please continue to move the 37.5mg Wellbutrin an hour later each day until you are taking it at noon. Then we will look at what it does for 3 days.

Please stop putting your feelings and sensations under the microscope. You are dealing with withdrawal syndrome. You will have strange sensations and ups and downs.

It might be a good thing that your body is relaxing more now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata okay. Thank you. I think I worried because I seem to feel worse after I take my medicine a lot of the time. I usually feel good in the morning before I take it. Midday I feel bad typically  and then i will sometimes get windows in the late evening

-100 mg Zoloft and 10mg Buspirone (2x daily) 2010- 2019 (no problem during withdrawal)

- 75 mg Wellbutrin February 2019-Present (Had intense anxiety, so doctor added Pristiq)

Had to get off Pristiq after combining with 300 mg St. Johns Wort for four days and getting Serotonin Syndrome.

- 25 mg Pristiq End of November 2019- Beginning of January 13th 2019 (Took every 3 days for a week until off)

-Took NAC 600 mg for two days (January 18th and 19th) and stopped because I felt more anhedonic and foggy)

- January 30th 2020. Drank 1 oz or 1 oz 1/2 of whiskey. Completely destabilized. Most symptoms returned. Especially anhedonia. Windows and waves.

Windows and waves

march 12 hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. They upped my Wellbutrin to 150 XR. Bad reaction. Went back to 75 mg. Gave me low dose hydroxizine 3 or four times, low dose trazadone once. Started me on 5 mg twice day buspar for a five day span. Made the fog worse. Now back to square one. Stopped all medications except for 75 mg Wellbutrin. 

Altostrata

I would like to see daily notes instead of microscopic study of your symptoms. I can't address symptoms reported out of context.

Please do not post about an isolated symptom unless it is new or severe and needs attention by the staff.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata I understand. I do have to ask. Forgive me. My brain is slow rn. How is it interdose withdrawal if my symptoms seem to get worse after I take the medicine and better when it wears off? I didn’t know how that worked. Or is it that the interdose withdrawals are causing such erratic symptoms?

Windows and waves

Altostrata
On 4/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, blanketsareawesome said:

Would that explain why most of my windows (80 percent) are in the earlier in the day?However,  some of my best Ones have been in the evening. Like my most complete ones. But the most frequent are in the morning and then I get more irritable and anhedonic in the evening. My psychiatrist had mentioned this and I had wanted to ask you about it. Would it be okay to do now with all the chaos I'm sure I did to my system almost 3 weeks ago? @Altostrata

This is what you reported -- that you felt better in the earlier part of the day. Was this not accurate?

Because you do different things each day, you may have ups and downs. These other things affect how you feel.

To help us figure out, what's going on, we have to see your daily drug schedule and symptom notes. Please keep posting them.

I cannot answer your questions about this symptom or that symptom without seeing your symptom notes over time.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata i apologize. Being in a. Horrible wave now, I do realize that I was having some windows in the evening. I guess because my windows don’t feel very big when I do have them.I feel better before my meds and a little while after and then worse and then better in the evenings sometimes. Greatin the morning sometimes before my medicine typically.  I guess either way, would splitting the dose help balance things out? 
sorry my aunt just passed away and I’m out of it. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Got in my moms new car today and I got so sick from the smell. Never had chemical sensitivity before but this got to me really bad. Another setback I’m sure :(

Windows and waves

Altostrata

Sorry about your aunt.

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I cannot answer your questions about this symptom or that symptom without seeing your symptom notes over time.

Sunnyday
3 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

Got in my moms new car today and I got so sick from the smell. Never had chemical sensitivity before but this got to me really bad. Another setback I’m sure :(

I think we tend to be overly sensitive to many things during this process, at least that's what it seemed like to me. So I wouldn't necessarily consider every separate experience a setback, if you get me? Even if it can feel disheartening. When I noticed that I reacted more strongly to a lot of things (including smells) I took it as me being more sensitive in general. Seeing it that way helped me to an extent to not focus on every experience as a separate, new issue I had to deal with. It was easier to accept it as part of the process. Hopefully I'm making some kinda sense with this, sorry if it's messy. (And of course it's important to document our symptoms so the mods can help out properly) 

I'm also very sorry to hear about your aunt blankets.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

blanketsareawesome

@Sunnyday thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I’m just so scared of messing things up constantly and it’s not healthy. And it always seems to be when I start to feel a bit better. My mom also got sick from it so I can’t imagine with being so sensitized how this could affect me. My nervous system seems much more alert after it. I just started getting sleepy again without needing melatonin and now I feel really awake. I even felt sleepy during the day which was a good sign. But yeah I need to look at it as me just being sensitive and not be waiting for the fallout. 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

Guys I’m screwed. It was so strong my mom got sick. I am back to insomnia and rages. I had finally calmed down and felt like I was recovering. Anxiety is so high and I’m crawling out of my skin. Turns out new cars have offcassing of toxic chemicals to your brain. I’m freaking out 

Windows and waves

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata @manymoretodays I barely remember last night after the car. I almost jumped from my window down to our porch and planned on jumping in the lake. I was given hydroxyzine 25 mg for panic and to calm down my itchy skin. I barely slept. I had just started to become calm and heal. I was sleeping. Seeing windows and waves.I’m desperate. I don’t know who this person is and I can’t remember half the time what I do. Is there anything I can do to relieve this. I would go back on medicine if it would stabilize me. My psychiatrist said he’d give me lamictal. I have the pristiq 25 and Prozac 20 as well. He said he’d give me zoloft as well.

im feeling less depersonalize Today and a bit more myself. But my anxiety is through the roof and I feel wired. I don’t know if the hydrozoxizne helps with the depersonalization a bit and anhedonia a bit as well.  Brain fog and pressure is bad. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata
16 hours ago, blanketsareawesome said:

Guys I’m screwed. It was so strong my mom got sick. I am back to insomnia and rages. I had finally calmed down and felt like I was recovering. Anxiety is so high and I’m crawling out of my skin. Turns out new cars have offcassing of toxic chemicals to your brain. I’m freaking out 

I am sorry you and your mom got sick. I would leave the car windows and doors open to air out.

I think we've talked about this before. Your nervous system will have to settle down from this upset. There is no reason to be desperate. You are working yourself up to hospitalization or whatever.

We don't have any instant cures when accidents happen. We cannot answer emergencies. If you feel it's best to take psychiatric drugs for whatever bothers you, that's your decision.

Sunnyday

Hi again blankets. I'm sorry to hear how badly it affected you. Do you have any ways of calming down your anxiety that has worked for you so far? It can be hard to focus enough or find enough strength to actually do some of the things when we're very anxious, but depending on what you've tried it can be worth a shot.

Maybe exercise could help? Like yoga. Or taking care of your body in some other way. It obviously won't numb you like some drugs, but it can be helpful in getting through it if you find that it doesn't make it worse.

If you decide to try exercise or anything that can affect you physically I would take it slow though, and not overdo it. Exercise did usually help me to an extent when I was anxious (swimming specifically), but it also worsened my tics a bit. So it's good to be attentive. 

A few other things that was sometimes helpful to me:
Taking care of and being around pets 
Walking in the forest
Being around someone that makes me happy 
Something I also did was to keep some candy at home (lollipops specifically just because they last longer than other candy and stopped me from binging) because it was an added distraction that I often used along with watching something funny/positive or playing a game. 

It's just important to listen to your body since it's different for everyone. I didn't mention supplements or anything like that, because you seem very sensitized right now and I don't know if it would be the best idea (?).

I hope you can feel better soon. 

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

blanketsareawesome

So I took hydroxyzine 25 mg for sleep the last theee nights and the everyday I have had full windows after? @Altostrata @manymoretodays does that mean I would benefit from a low dose reinstatement? 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

It means you feel better when you get good sleep.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata my sleep wasn’t very good despite taking it. I thought it was odd 

Windows and waves

Altostrata

That's the nature of waves and windows.

blanketsareawesome

@Altostrata @manymoretodays was forced to take something. Parents said they’d kick me out and I’d have no where to go. Lamotrigine 5 mg.i told them it was too high of a dose. They said “kids take this dose.”  I’ve taken it three times. Every time I start crying and pacing. I was in a huge window :( I was getting better and felt feelings for the first time in two months. It’s all because my parents thought I was taking pristiq and I had been pretending. I felt guilty for the first time. I had feelingS and I admitted it to them and wanted to explain my reasoning. Such a mistake. I  experience intense anxiety and everyone is calling me delusional for thinking it is withdrawal. I’m still in a window. I feel more here. But I know it’s going to leave me soon with what I’ve done to my body. They are Saying I’m bipolar and depressed and that I sound like an insane person for thinking it was the medicine. I was just getting better. I can’t deal with this anymore. I told them I was sensitive and that adding medicine only makes it worse. They told me they’d call the police and have them escort me to a facility if I didn’t take anything. They are having me take pristiq tomorrow. They are going to get it court ordered if I don’t and call the cops on me. Said they’d hold me down and make me take it. I’m so scared. Thanks for trying to help me. I’m beyond saving now. I’m sorry I wasted your time.

i can’t sleep. I’m losing my mind. 

Windows and waves

Altostrata
On 3/19/2020 at 12:23 PM, Altostrata said:

We need to see 24 hours of daily notes over at least several days before we can answer your questions about drug effects.

If you tell your parents or a doctor that you're suicidal, most likely they will give you drugs. If you continue to ask psychiatrists for help, you will get more drugs, especially if they went to Harvard. That is how they solve problems.

Be sure you are prepared to surrender to drug treatment if you say you are suicidal. Don't just say it because you feel awful.

We cannot intercede with your parents for you.

As an adult, you need to take responsibility for your relationship with your parents and whatever drugs you might take.

If you have been complaining to them and exaggerating your symptoms, as you have been doing here, you should not be surprised they are doing the best they can to help you. They don't know what else to do.

As long as you've posted here, you've avoided fulfilling responsibilities such as posting your daily symptom pattern. Give that some thought.

Whether you take 5mg lamotrigine or not is between you and your doctor. Please do not involve us in your family drama.

manymoretodays

Hi blankets,

Tough times, eh?  Try and hang in there.

Are you able to get on out for a healthy walk by yourself each day?  And help out a little around the house?

If I were you, I'd opt for the Lamictal.  Then just sit with one addition.  Just stress with everyone, JUST ONE NEW THING.  In your best, calm, quiet voice though.   It might help.  I don't know blankets.  I think it's a better option than Pristiq or Zoloft or something.   

And darn it, give us some notes.  Do some breathing, stay cool, and just note times, drugs, symptoms, sleep and anything new thrown in.

And okay.

Here's a helpful breathing ?"meme" that might help you to do, when you just feel overwhelmed and need a quick "non-drug calmer".

tumblr_nsj9tcMOgY1qkv5xlo1_500.gif?fbcli

I think I gave you the how to, on 4 seconds in through the nose, then hold for 7 seconds, then breathe out for 8 seconds.  Whatever works best, with practice.  Sometimes an image helps too, so the above is nice.

Here's another nice guided meditation too:

Hoping things have settled a bit at home.  I know it's tough sweetie.  It's not going to be this hard forever.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

blanketsareawesome

I was put on lamotrigine for 2 days. It caused my throat to get scratchy and I started to develop the rash. I stopped it. They took me to the hospital and put me back on pristiq 25 mg. They shot me up with Ativan and Was given it several times. I was freaked out because I was back on the med that did this to me. It’s been a few day’s on the med and I feel okay. I don’t feel numb however I was just getting my emotions back when this all started. I was going on a week of solid improvement. But my parents found out I was skipping the meds. I feel a little apathetic now and I’m worried it will get worse. My parents are angry at me and said to gwt off the pristiq if I wanted. Said they are done fighting.

am I better off stabilizing on the pristiq and tapering later and risking losing my feelings again?

or go off now and do this all over again?

do you think I could destabilize if I stop now?

@manymoretodays

Windows and waves

Altostrata

I am sorry you've had this difficulty. Good to hear you feel better back on Pristiq.

We require members to take responsibility for their tapering and managing their symptoms. You do not seem to be inclined to do this.

Please let us know when you want to take the responsibility to plan a taper. Your daily drug schedule and symptom notes will be required before staff will answer any of your questions.

As this is a site for going off drugs, ongoing support while you're taking Pristiq or with your family issues is beyond our capabilities. You may wish to join patientslikeme.com or depressionforums.com

blanketsareawesome

Hi everyone. It’s been a while. I’d like to say I’m doing better, but I’m not. 

literally the day I started to feel better, I tried medicine, because I doubted myself and because I let other people tell me what to do with my body and brain. Instead of acting like an adult and taking control of my life. I was put on other drugs in the hospital and now I have PSSD for sure. Genital shrinkage, forhead numbness.  I tried Lamictal, pristiq AND. I tried another SSRI on low dose in the hospital and felt a switch flip off. I immediately couldn’t find men attractive again. Something I had gained back. It’s been two months and not much has changed on that front. I have ZERO libido. I think I had more libido from Jan-April than I do now. I don’t feel completely numb but I feel like a piece of me is missing. Extremely depressed. No motivation. I don’t say this to scare anyone. I want this to show people it does get better, you just have to not freak out. If I wouldn’t have freaked out the whole time, then I wouldn’t have been hospitalized so much. My family was doing what they thought was best for me. The best thing I could have done was stayed calm and trust that I’d get better. I had windows! A lot! But I was convinced I’d never get better. So don’t be like me. Be calm around your caretakers and ask calmly for help when needed. Try to distract yourself and don’t read horror stories. That’s all I did and it made me so paranoid that in turn I ended up shooting myself in the foot. I keep thinking about how if I handled this better my life could have turned out differently but I screwed up. I am currently on antipsychotics for sleep which I’m sure isn’t helping with the numbing. I hope when I get off this I feel myself but unfortunately I think the reactions I had were pretty bad. I was lucky I bounced back the first time, I should have stopped while I was ahead. Essentially, hold tightly to your windows, know that means you’ll get better one day. Trust the moderators. If I would have just listened, I wouldn’t be in this position. I’d be two. Months into healing with a new perspective on life. Also, there’s no quick fixes. Wishing everyone lots of love and healing. I am so sorry to everyone who feels they wasted their time trying to help me. I’m truly so so sorry. I did this to myself.

Windows and waves

Sunnyday

Great advice blankets. Hopefully you can get off all the drugs eventually as well, but as you say there are no quickfixes. I'm sure you will recover completely eventually! You have the mindset now. 

Take care.