Katy398

Why is there not more media coverage?

Katy398

Please tell me why isn’t this in the media everywhere? Surely with the power of social media we can spread the word. I just don’t understand and really need an explanation. It’s probably obvious to most but I’m slow on the uptake these days.

This suffering alone make the battle so much harder. No one believes me, they think I’m on some anti medication crusade. When I talk about the risk of reinstating to others their eyes glaze over. 

I live in Melbourne,  is there anything I can do to contribute towards public awareness. I feel for me I need to be proactive in spreading the word. 

Terrible wave today I have to find a channel for this pain.

Take care Everyone xxx

Armorall

Katy- I'm going to PM you. 

Superwoman

Katy, 

There was a big campaign in England and a grass roots effort that got the government to do a big review on prescribed drug dependency and withdrawal 

Superwoman

@Katy398

Now because of the review and advocacy health officials in England are recommending a longer taper, a hotline and other measures. 

Superwoman

I have been thinking of trying to get a similar review of drug dependency started in the USA, but I am not sure how?  I don’t want to get in over my head.  I have been exhausted lately, having to work mandatory overtime.  I would like to do something though.  There is a local mental health advocacy center that I go to and I think they mentioned something about a politician that they work with on advocating better mental health policies.  I have been thinking of talking to this person when I feel a little better.