Pawlove: Xanax done, Paxil is next! But when?

Pawlove

Pawlove

@Aurorax, thank you as always for being so encouraging. 

I decided to see if a tiny cut would cause sxs. A week ago I cut around 2%, from 16 mg to 15.7 mg. Other than headaches, which were better, I was SO good- tons of energy, not sleeping like I did before paxil wd but some better and as busy as I wanted to be, which was accompanied by more motivation than I ever remember having. Ever. 

I did well with the baby cut until last night. I was starting to doze off and a weak cousin of akathisia jolted me awake. It was nowhere near full blown but a watered down version of the bad stuff. Restlessness and a strange pulling on my legs that has only occurred with paxil wd. This morning my gut is a mess and my body pain is up. Not like after the 2nd 10% cut but a definite change from the last many many days. It will be very interesting to me to see how long this lasts. With my first 10% cut the sxs were limited to a few days. That 2nd 10% cut seemed to be a huge insult to my body and it was having none of it. It behaved like a child having a temper tantrum- give that medicine back to me NOW! 

The degree that this has a hold on my brain and by association my gut and pain and sleep is hard to grasp. I am no longer obsessed with wanting to do this fast. Or even with a schedule at all. It's a part of my routine to melt the pill and pull out the waste. If I do that until this life is over, so be it. And that is a relief. Being a person who wanted the result to be decided before I started and a date to look forward to it's a big step in acceptance. 

2003 Methadone 80 mg day /   Morphine 15 mg 3xs day as needed
2008 Lyrica 25 mg 3-4 x day
Sept 2017 self detox off Methadone
April 2018 self detox off Lyrica
Feb. 2019 Xanax 1 mg 2x day as needed
8 months to taper from 4 months use! Jumped 1/20/20 !!!!!!! 
8/22/20 have weaned ambien over the last 6 months from 10 mg to 2.5 mg. Jumped 8/16/2020 

Was taking morphine 30 mg prn for last 2 years. Stopped 8/15/2020 

Started Paxil 20 mg 1995-ish for mild hormonal mood swings and supposedly to help hormonal migraines. Never talked about stopping. Had a horrific CT 2018. Reinstated after 4 months. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pawlove

• Aurorax

• Cocopuffz17

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for the info. I'm not tech savvy so all help along that line is appreciated. I had the best day in months yesterday but today is a struggle again so I know this is a long process. I see you

Hello,  Welcome to SA!   I would highly suggest following the 10% method or even slower. I followed my docs advice and came off in 3 months. It was brutal... I am almost a year Paxil free no

@Aurorax @Altostrata   I looked back and see that I need to hold at this 10% rate for a month which I am good to do. Thanks so much!!!! I am excited to get support for a slower rate. I

Pawlove

Baby cut sxs from cutting .3 mg  lasted only one night so I made another .3 mg 2 nights ago. This is day 6 without a migraine and that is a miracle. I am doing a detox for heavy metals and mold toxins. I don't know what has helped but I am doing better than I have in a while. The only thing left is some insomnia. Onward! 

8/22/20 have weaned ambien over the last 6 months from 10 mg to 2.5 mg. Jumped 8/16/2020 

Started Paxil 20 mg 1995-ish for mild hormonal mood swings and supposedly to help hormonal migraines. Never talked about stopping. Had a horrific CT 2018. Reinstated after 4 months. 

Pawlove

I am beyond thrilled- I can cry over dog shows and sweet stories and my headaches have been gone for over a week.... longer if I look back. I am still at 15.4 mg. I have a respiratory bug so plan to let that heal before another cut but the changes not even being 25% done are stunning and totally not expected. Unbelievably amazing!!!