Ryguy

Carnivore diet

Ryguy

Carnivore diet

Has anyone tried this diet? Any benefits for anyone? 

Ryguy

I’m doing carnivore for a month. Been in withdrawal for 7 or 8 years now and it’s completely destroyed my gut and skin. Not sure this new diet will do anything but I’m literally as desperate as I can be to at least feel one day without Akathisia and compulsions etc...will let everyone know if there are any noticeable changes 

Petunia

Hi Ryguy,

I'm sorry you've been going through this for such a long time. I'm also a long termer, protracted withdrawal which has taken a long time to improve. Seven years drug free for me after a fast taper. I've had almost every symptom you hear about too, but over time I've got much better, but for the last year or so, I seemed to have reached a plateau so also changed my diet from mainly plant based to high quality animal food based. 

I stumbled onto information about the carnivore diet and keto diet through youtube recommendations while watching vegan videos 🙂 It made sense that perhaps my healing had stopped because I wasn't getting the nutrition I needed.

I looked at all the information about how a carnivore diet can heal the gut, but my  remaining problems were mostly with energy and brain function, so decided to go with animal based keto.  Cutting out the grains and adding the high quality animal foods has made a huge difference for me. Mainly it's increased my energy levels and improved my cognitive function.

My recommendation if going carnivore,  is to buy high quality meats, meaning grass fed, grass finished, free range chicken, pasture eggs and wild caught fish, and include some beef liver several times a week, lambs brain is very good too.  Regular grocery store meat isn't the best quality, which is probably fine for most normal, healthy people, but if you  have sensitivities from withdrawal, it would probably be wise to buy the best quality you can afford, especially at first, until you start healing some.

I hope this diet helps you, I'm optimistic that it will.

HopeforHealing

Hi @Ryguy, how is the carnivore diet going?

Ryguy
9 hours ago, HopeforHealing said:

Hi @Ryguy, how is the carnivore diet going?

I dunno its super expensive so far lol. Also makes me a bit constipated , might go back to keto 

HopeforHealing

I can definitely imagine it's expensive!  Are you buying conventional or grass fed/pastured?  I've heard constipation on this diet is common.  Have you noticed any improvements in mood or withdrawal symptoms at all?

Webhead21

@RyguyHow long have you been doing KETO for? 

Ryguy
9 hours ago, Webhead21 said:

@RyguyHow long have you been doing KETO for? 

Hey. Was doing keto for a few years, definitely helped a bit, carnivore was too much constipation, but im switching back and forth right now 

Felisbela
On 1/24/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ryguy said:

I’m doing carnivore for a month. Been in withdrawal for 7 or 8 years now and it’s completely destroyed my gut and skin. Not sure this new diet will do anything but I’m literally as desperate as I can be to at least feel one day without Akathisia and compulsions etc...will let everyone know if there are any noticeable changes 

You poor thing

goggins

hi guys

I'm very interested in started a carnivore diet. Has it helped your withdrawal symptoms?