Rozon1

Rozon1: Effexor withdrawls

Rozon1

Just posting an update since I’m considering reinstating and could use possible help. @Altostrata or @brassmonkey will the scale be able to read below 1mg? The reason I ask, is for when I’m ready to taper. I don’t want to find myself at 1mg stabilized and not able to drop lower or have a bad reaction to the liquid form.  Are there scales that do? Would love to know your opinions on the best route to take. I’ve read the literature, alto, but I’m so confused. I can’t afford a liquid compounding as it seems to be too expensive. 

also could use help with the dosages as it’s a bit confusing. Sorry to continue asking but I am in desperate need of help.

although, my anxiety has come down & my body  temp has seemed to normalize. Weird. 

Anxiety isn’t fully gone but noticeable improvement(and I mean noticeable as in I’m not constantly nervous or overthinking.)@brassmonkey what’s your thought on this? MAybe I wait one or two more days before reinstating? Symptoms seem to be getting better. I think 

also brass I saw you and Aberdeen’s thread when she ctd off Effexor and went to Paxil. She said she wished she’d reinstated but I know that’s in the past. It was cool to read though. Too bad she doesn’t ever come back with updates. Gives me hope. 

brassmonkey

If you are talking about 1mgpw (milligram pill weight) the physical weight of the dose, then yes the scales have problems with that small an amount. If you are meaning 1mgai (Milligram Active Ingredient) the strength of the dose then the fillers in the pill bring the weight up to something the scales can handle.

This is being a typical example of Windows and Waves.  Things get worse for a while then they get better with the better periods becoming longer and longer.

Aberdeen is fully recovered and living life, and like so many has moved on from here.  For her the switch from Effexor to paxil was very rough and she probably would have been better off staying with the effexor, but she was able to make the switch and eventually things get better and now she is fine.

Rozon1

okay, @brassmonkey so, let's say I reinstate at 1mg, how do I go lower than that with the scale when I'm ready to taper to let's say 0.5mg.  I'm so confused. I'm referring to 1 MG(millagram). My scale only measures in grams and the other as I listed above. I am heavily considering reinstating by tomorrow or monday but I'm not entirely sure how the proccess works. I can't do the pharamacy as it's too expensive. Would it be best to do liquid here? But you also said some people don't respond well to liquid. 

also, @Altostrata any suggestions? 

Rozon1

I know the mods are super busy here so I was hoping to find someone that is good in this area or is currently tapering. I'm probably going to reinstate at 1mg of effexor after 3 months off. 

I currently have the tablets 37.5MG Instant Venlafaxine. I have a gemini Scale and do not know how to calculate a pill at 1mg or even lower using this method.

Could anyone walk me through this as I am completely lost. Thank you!

Edited by manymoretodays
merged from tapering forum back here, to introduction

Rozon1

sorry guys, it's just time sensitive since the 3 month mark will be on wednesday. Any help would be nice. Thank you! ❤️

brassmonkey

You need to find the average weight of your pills. Divide that number by 37.5.  The result will be the weight in mgpw (Milligrams Pill Weight) of a dose that will have a strength of 1mgai (Milligram Active Ingredient) which is what you are looking for.  If you wanted a dose of .5mgai you would divide the result in half.

Your scales weigh to the milligram. You set them to the g setting for gram.  If you look at the display with nothing on the scale it should read 0.000  The first 0 is grams then a decimal point the second 0 is decigrams, the third 0 is centigrams and the fourth 0 is milligrams. So a display of 0.001 would be 1mg a display of 0.010 would be 10mg and 0.100 would be 100mg. Some scales will leave off the trailing 0s because they aren't needed mathematically.

We can't tell you what method will be best for you, and we can't tell you for sure what is going to happen in the future.  We have already told you everything we know, so now it's up to you to make a decision.

Rozon1

Okay so @brassmonkey so I use the scale for 1mg until I need to go below that? Then switch to liquid or just stabilize on 1mg then jump off? 

brassmonkey

That is getting into "end game tapering" which is a bit different from regular tapering.  Depending on the weight of your source pills the scales should be good down to 0.5 or 0.25mgai.  From that point it is common to use a combination of the scales and visually dividing the powder to get as close to the dose as possible.  It also means that for the last few reductions the decrease will be more like 50%. By that time you will be looking to jump off so the bigger reductions shouldn't be a problem. 

Making the switch liquid for the last few reductions would cause more problems than it's worth.  If the taper has been done correctly the last several reductions are pretty much a nonevent symptom wise.

Rozon1

Thank you @brassmonkey. My last question is I don’t have the plate my scale came with. I’ll probably order another one. Can I lick up the medicine from the plate then wipe it off with a alcohol wipe or do I poor it in my mouth? What’s the best way to consume the medicine

brassmonkey

I would order a replacement and use that. Put a folded piece of paper on it and use the paper to handle the powder.  

Putting the powder into empty gel caps is the best method to taking each dose.

Rozon1

@brassmonkey why putting it in a gel cap if you don't mind me asking? Just to make sure I ingest it all? Or would just taking it orally from the scale itself would suffice? 

Also, today I had another good window. Anxiety has lessoned for the most part. Had EMOTIONS again today! It was nice! I'm seeing improvement! God I hope I don't make the wrong choice lol

manymoretodays
On 2/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Rozon1 said:

I know the mods are super busy here so I was hoping to find someone that is good in this area or is currently tapering. I'm probably going to reinstate at 1mg of effexor after 3 months off. 

I currently have the tablets 37.5MG Instant Venlafaxine. I have a gemini Scale and do not know how to calculate a pill at 1mg or even lower using this method.

Could anyone walk me through this as I am completely lost. Thank you!

Hi Rozon1,

I moved this one back here to your introduction.

We are giving you all that we have Rozon1.

Please try, try hard to read through some of the links, as well as what we have offered.  You've had member input and a couple of us moderators give input too!

Is there anyone on the ground(locally), who might help you sift through some of the information now?

And then, as an internet forum site........you should know, that, we can only do our best to get to members in a certain time frame, and have to prioritize sometimes.  So, it may also be to your advantage, to learn patience, give us all(members and mods alike) up to 24 hours to respond.  And try to find some of your own answers from the information that is given to you. 

Okay.  Best.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays