Excruciating nervy sensations emanating from lower legs

Snorky

Hi

Apols if should have positioned this elsewhere. You’ll know from my main thread that mainly bothered by devastating psychological symptoms (relentless depressive feelings and mental tightness, which is more or less permanent) I appreciate these are linked to WD and fairly common etc. However, I also have these constant nervy sensations radiating from both lower legs. (Shins and calves) 

I used to get pins and needles and numbness while on amitriptyline and previous meds (like pressure caused by wearing thick socks). However, since CT been getting these fairly constant, awful nervy sensations that set you on edge and are quite powerful. (Become more or less permanent now) 

It’s almost like I’m getting similar sensations in my head, generating the tightness referred to above. 

Does this chime with anyone?

Thanks

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

Amitriptyline October 2018-2019. (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25)

CT 10 Sept 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 5 mg 29 Oct 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 2.5mg 19 Nov 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Vitamin D 16 Dec and Promethazine 25mg 16 Dec (one month only)

Sorry Snorky if it seems like I'm following you around😉

This sounds like the Restless legs Syndrome that I suffer from. I grew up with it, but it has got a lot worse in withdrawal. People on this site seem to have it as a withdrawal symptom and it goes afterwards. It can affect your arms too, and still be RLS . If it is this, it's usually worse at night. It has made me feel pretty desperate at times, especially when I'm really tired. It tends to get better when the light comes up in the morning. It makes it impossible to lie down, even when you're tired enough to drop.  The only way to cope is to sit in a comfy chair and wait, or if it's very bad to walk. It should wear off in time. There are medicines that they can prescribe, but they are fairly toxic, and don't work for long, in my experience. I'm sure there are other possibilities of what it may be but it sounds like RLS. It is a physical rather than mental condition, and can be a symptom of withdrawal. If you didn't get it before coming off drugs, it should go when you recover (or before).

I also get pins and needles and numbness in my feet which was diagnosed as nerve damage.

I hope you'll feel better soon.

It might be worth posting  on your introductions page so that one of the Moderators can look at it.

citalopram 20mg 2008-2011

venlafaxine 37 1/2 mg rising to 225 mg 2011- June 2019

gabapentin 900mg, started around 2005, came off quickly Nov 2019.

valium 2mg when required for panic Sep-Nov 2019.

Ativan  1mg when required for anxiety 1st-30th Nov 2019.

Was addicted to valium in 1970s but came off it then, v.bad withdrawals.

Now

Lansoprazole 2/3 of 15mg.

Magnesium Citrate, 1/5 oz or 5 gms in water.

Fish oil 1000mg. upped to 2000mg Feb 2020.

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

Sorry Snorky if it seems like I'm following you around😉

This sounds like the Restless legs Syndrome that I suffer from. I grew up with it, but it has got a lot worse in withdrawal. People on this site seem to have it as a withdrawal symptom and it goes afterwards. It can affect your arms too, and still be RLS . If it is this, it's usually worse at night. It has made me feel pretty desperate at times, especially when I'm really tired. It tends to get better when the light comes up in the morning. It makes it impossible to lie down, even when you're tired enough to drop.  The only way to cope is to sit in a comfy chair and wait, or if it's very bad to walk. It should wear off in time. There are medicines that they can prescribe, but they are fairly toxic, and don't work for long, in my experience. I'm sure there are other possibilities of what it may be but it sounds like RLS. It is a physical rather than mental condition, and can be a symptom of withdrawal. If you didn't get it before coming off drugs, it should go when you recover (or before).

I also get pins and needles and numbness in my feet which was diagnosed as nerve damage.

I hope you'll feel better soon.

It might be worth posting  on your introductions page so that one of the Moderators can look at it.

Thanks D

I’d read about restless leg syndrome, but thought that was more about muscular spasms than the internal sensations I get.

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

Amitriptyline October 2018-2019. (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25)

CT 10 Sept 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 5 mg 29 Oct 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 2.5mg 19 Nov 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Vitamin D 16 Dec and Promethazine 25mg 16 Dec (one month only)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy