Sign in to follow this  
Nikki

Locked out of house

Nikki

Okay...this morning at about 6:30 the I put the dogs out not realizing that my daughter did not lock the gate and it was open. Chihuahua decided to take a stroll. When I ran out of the house to call for him the door closed and I was locked out in my pj's, no bra, barefoot, no coffee. I walked over to a neighbor and told her what happened, she gave me her cell and she looked for my Chihuahua as I could not go across the street in my pajamas, barefoot and no bra.

Took the dog onto the patio to wait for my daughter and something told me to check a slider we never use.....IT WAS OPEN. Hooray:)

In the meantime my phone had been ringing. It was my mother in a panic. She couldn't find her wallet and wanted me to check my car right away. I was in a towel at this point. Put on a bathrobe, barefoot, no bra once again to check the car before she had a coronary. Wallet in my car.

This all took place by 8AM.

The good news........I didn't have anxiety. I was okay :D I calmly told my daughter that we both need to make sure the gate is always locked. End of story.

PS I have been decreasing the Celexa by 1/5mL and I actually do feel better. Go figure B)

Skyler

Okay...this morning at about 6:30 the I put the dogs out not realizing that my daughter did not lock the gate and it was open. Chihuahua decided to take a stroll. When I ran out of the house to call for him the door closed and I was locked out in my pj's, no bra, barefoot, no coffee. I walked over to a neighbor and told her what happened, she gave me her cell and she looked for my Chihuahua as I could not go across the street in my pajamas, barefoot and no bra.

Took the dog onto the patio to wait for my daughter and something told me to check a slider we never use.....IT WAS OPEN. Hooray:)

In the meantime my phone had been ringing. It was my mother in a panic. She couldn't find her wallet and wanted me to check my car right away. I was in a towel at this point. Put on a bathrobe, barefoot, no bra once again to check the car before she had a coronary. Wallet in my car.

This all took place by 8AM.

The good news........I didn't have anxiety. I was okay :D I calmly told my daughter that we both need to make sure the gate is always locked. End of story.

PS I have been decreasing the Celexa by 1/5mL and I actually do feel better. Go figure B)

LOL, glad you are in a good enuf humor to share with levity. It really was a comedy of errors, though I would not have felt uncomfortable about being braless (I just caved and started wearing one 40 years after 'burning' mine.. not literally, but I did stop wearing one for a veyyyy long time)... btw, good thing you live in Florida. Sure would have been unpleasant in SE New England given the 45 degree temp..~S :o

Rhiannon

YIKES!

ah well...life is full of adventures...

Glad to hear your small cut is already helping. Please keep the cuts small, and take it slowly, given your history.

Big hugs!

--Rhi

Nikki

I had three keys made this week. Handed them out to neighbors.

Since that adventure, my daughter still has not locked the gate. How do we get thru to our kids, or is that another post :rolleyes: