HeyJude1979: Trintellix Withdrawal

HeyJude1979

Hello - For 6 years I was taking 20mg of Lexapro before switching to 10mg of Trintellix 6 months ago. I didn't fill my RX for a week and yesterday I started feeling some withdrawal symptoms. I refilled and took my regular dose yesterday. Today, I still feel a bit off - how long will it take for the symptoms to go away?

Thanks, 

Edited by manymoretodays
moved to introductions from S and S care

I stopped taking 10mg of Trintellix for about a week. Yesterday I started to feel some withdrawal symptoms so I filled my RX and took it right away. Today I still feel off. When will this go away?

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from another members topic
  • manymoretodays changed the title to HeyJude1979: Trintellix Withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi HeyJude 1979, @HeyJude1979

I've moved both of your starting posts to your own introduction.

We don't recommend abrupt cessation of any antidepressant medication. 

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Are you interested in tapering at some point?  The reason I ask is that we are an internet forum,  focused on tapering and WD(withdrawal), and then support around that.  You might even check with your doctor or pharmacist now, as to what to expect.

Please see:

About SurvivingAntidepressants.org

Best I can tell you off the top of my head is that it may take a week or so until you reach steady state of your Trintellix again.  Hopefully, you'll feel  better soon.  And yes, it's possible that you could be experiencing some more acute WD(withdrawal) symptoms right now. 

Hoping for the best for you with a full reinstatement dose, within a week of missing doses completely.

Do let us know if the time comes when you might want to pursue tapering.  We are a busy site, yet would love to have you, if this might be your intention.

Best,

L, P, H, and G,

moderator mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing