SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Stef29: Need help with stages of Withdrawal/Encouragement

Stefc29

Questions: I have been withdrawing from Sertraline for 9 weeks. Doctor put me on two sleeping aids in between to help with insomnia and had Serotonin Syndrome again (trazodone and mirtzopan). Did this put me back at square one with withdrawal symptoms from Sertraline? 

9 weeks ago my body began rejecting Sertraline after I was tapering (bad tapering for a year). I developed Serotonin Syndrome and was told to stop the medicine cold turkey. I have been on Sertraline for 7 years transitioning from Cymbalta right before that b/c of pregnancies. Was on it for 5 years) After 3 weeks I had to find relief b/c of the horrible side effects and dark thoughts.

I was put on Buspar (just six weeks ago). I read that Buspar doesn't help with withdrawal which was disappointing. But in between the cold turkey of Sertaline (9 weeks ago) my doctor has put me on two serotonin sleep aids because of the horrible insomnia (which I've never suffered with as an adult). I had Serotonin Syndrome again both times.

I"m so much better than i was that first month. Dizziness is mostly gone, my appetite is back, I'm laughing again, enjoying activities, but still struggling. BUT my insomnia is still horrible. I took a few days off of .5 klonopin to try over the counter sleep aids. Worked for a few days and then wore off. So my pharmacist put me on both the over counter sleep aids to take with my low dosage of Klonopin (taking .25 or less at night) so that I can eventually wean off of the klonopin. Some nights bendryl has been enough. Other nights, not at all. I"m so discouraged b/c I want to stop the klonopin. This is really the thing that is making me the most depressed.

This is when my neuropsychologist put me on mirtzopane and trazadone. Both caused the serotonin syndrome.

My question is this. 2 weeks ago was when I took my last dose of trazadone (which i had the adverse affect) does this mean I'm at square one again with my withdrawal symptoms? I"m definitely feeling better but i have to admit. These have been the hardest 9 weeks of my life! I know I will get better but this is hard. Any help and encouraging words would be great. My withdrawal symptoms are now at the moderate stage from the sheets people have posted on here. Thanks and light and love to you all! 

Edited by manymoretodays
moved to introductions from S and S care, name added to title, spacing for readability

2009-Transition from Cymbalta to Zoloft

Dec. 2018-Began slowly lowering dosage (on my own so don't have exact) from 200 to 100 Zoloft 

Oct.. 2019-lowered quickly from 100, to 50 and then 25 (in two months time)

Nov. 2019-upped my dose of Zoloft to 50 for anxiety reasons

December 6th 2019-Was told had Serotonin Syndrome and to stop cold turkey

December 27th-Given Buspar 15mg per day with .5 klonopin for sleep

January 3rd-given Mirtzopane for sleep. Serotonin Syndrome. Medicine upped to 30mg a day.

January 15th-Trazodone for sleep. Serotonin Syndrome. Medicine upped 45mg a day. 

February11- medicine upped 60mg

Taking Benadryl for insomnia with .125 of klonopin as advised by my pharmacist so when I want to get off klonopin I can have the .Benadryl to fall back on. February 26th-Tried Cymbalta 20mgs bad reaction/immediately stopped

• manymoretodays changed the title to Stef29: Need help with stages of Withdrawal/Encouragement
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Stephc29.  I'm sorry you're having to go through this and that you got put on Mirtazapine and Trazodone.  What was that doctor thinking?

No, you're not back to square one.  The reason I can say that with some certainty is the fact that you're getting better.  You had a tough nine weeks, but with your symptoms now at moderate, you're on the road home.  It's great and a very encouraging sign that you're doing so well.

So that you can have a better understanding of what you're experiencing, here's some information on withdrawal and healing.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

Recovery is not linear.  There will be some ups and downs, so don't get discouraged in things seem to get worse for a spell.  This link explains the process:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain it really well:

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

On 8/30/2011 at 2:28 PM,  Rhiannon said: 
When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

AND

On 12/3/2015 at 10:41 AM,  apace41 said: 
Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were trying to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and trying to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while life is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made.  

Here's one thing you can do.  We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

Be careful with the Klonopin.  Dependence (addiction) can start is as little as 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and also from intermittent use.  Once you're dependent, you don't get any of the original benefits and all you're doing when you take it is staving off withdrawal.  

Are you still taking the Buspar?  If you want to taper it, we recommend tapering  by no more than 10% of current dose every four weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off busipirone (Buspar)

Regarding sleep, insomnia is one of the most common withdrawal symptoms.  These links might help.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep hypnosis

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/16/tips-tricks-fall-asleep-faster.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20170216Z1&et_cid=DM133787&et_rid=1889748952

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

Melatonin for sleep   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  I take a 1mg Melatonin tablet and cut it into quarters  to get a 0.25mg dose.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your ways here.

l

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Gridley, Thank you so much for your information! It is so helpful. Everyday seems to be just a little better than the next. I got so discouraged in the beginning b/c i would feel so well, and then BAM the flu like symptoms would come on OR the dizziness. Today, I felt a little wonky with my equilibrium, but not nearly as bad as it has been in the past. I also am so thankful my appetite is back and I can actually eat without getting nauseous. I'm now working with a nutritionist who has me on a Paleo 30 day cleanse as of Friday. I find this has been easier on my stomach. Trying to get my gut health in check since I hear this helps with anxiety, depression, etc. I suddenly began craving ice cream last week, and I ate it every time I wanted it. I didn't feel great afterward, of course, but I was so thankful to even want any! :) Last week, around Thursday evening, my sensory went in over load again, but just for the evening. Sounds were loud again, and everything was amplified. But by the next day when I woke up, all was normal again. In the beginning, everything hurt my eyes. Light was sooo bright and sounds were unbearable. So thankful that has leveled out. My doctor says that when my anxiety levels out that my sleep should as well and I won't need the sleep meds anymore. I'm not a big medicine taker. The only thing I ever took before was Sertraline. Even having both of my children, I only took extra strength Tylenol. I hate taking medicine for anything which has made it so hard for me to think I have to take anything for sleep. When has been your experience that the sleep will come back in the stages? Could it happen in the moderate stage or more likely the mild symptoms stage? I bought Natural Vitality magnesium to take tonight before I go to bed. I also bought fish oil like you recommended. Will I really take a big step back from the progress I've made? I know it is up and down, but overall the last week has seen big steps forward. Of course, some hard moments, but they don't last as long as before. My family is so relieved to see me "back". I was so withdrawn and expressionless. Sullen. My mom cried when she would see me (or after seeing me. she didn't want to upset me). Last week, I began to laugh again. I'm enjoying my children and dancing when I hear music i like before. Singing tunes out of the blue. All my old "me" signs. I just smile when it happens. How do I transition off of my Klonopin? I find when I don't sleep, I'm really anxious the next day. i own a business and have two small children I have to take care of. I do not want my Klonopin every night to set me back on my withdrawals. Any advice on this would be great. Thanks!! 

Dec. 2018-Began slowly lowering dosage (on my own so don't have exact) from 200 to 100 Zoloft 

January 3rd-given Mirtzopane for sleep. Serotonin Syndrome. Medicine upped to 30mg a day.

January 15th-Trazodone for sleep. Serotonin Syndrome. Medicine upped 45mg a day. 

Taking Benadryl for insomnia with .125 of klonopin as advised by my pharmacist so when I want to get off klonopin I can have the .Benadryl to fall back on. February 26th-Tried Cymbalta 20mgs bad reaction/immediately stopped

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

When has been your experience that the sleep will come back in the stages? Could it happen in the moderate stage or more likely the mild symptoms stage?

It's different with everybody.  For me sleep has gotten better in what I guess I'd call moderate-to-mild, but ever here it can be up and down and can change according to stress or other factors.

It does sound like you're doing really well in general, with a great attitude.

Will I really take a big step back from the progress I've made? I know it is up and down, but overall the last week has seen big steps forward.

There will be some steps back but the general trajectory is upward.

How do I transition off of my Klonopin? I find when I don't sleep, I'm really anxious the next day. i own a business and have two small children I have to take care of. I do not want my Klonopin every night to set me back on my withdrawals. Any advice on this would be great. Thanks!! 

I know sleep is precious, but you don't want to become dependent.  I would start spacing out more the nights you take it.  How often are you taking it?  I going to ask Shep, who is very knowledgable about benzos, to take a look.  @Shep could you take a look here about transitioning off Klonopin?  

Paleo 30 day cleanse

I don't know what a Paleo cleanse consists off, but we don't recommend liver cleanses as they are too hard on people in withdrawal.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

it varies. I'm taking it with an over the counter sleep aid and didn't take the Klonopin on some of those nights, but then the over the counter has worn off its effectiveness. I did the hypnosis video you posted for an hour last night after just taking the over the counter sleep aid and here's the thing...I fall in a middle weird sleep. I am in a sleep like state, but I never get in a deep sleep. This can go on for hours if I don't take the Klonopin. In the beginning I was taking .25 and .5 if I was really anxious. I did that once in the beginning, and of course, only at night. I refused to take it during the day when I had those really bad couple of weeks. I suffered and pushed through. So I am now taking .125 at night to get into the deep sleep. That's half of what i was taking in the beginning. So if you guys have any suggestions of things i can do or  take to help transition, that would be amazing. My pharmacist is the one who told me to take the over the counter sleep aid with my Klonopin so that I could wean down my Klonopin and then eventually completely off. I've been on it six weeks. My pharmacist said the withdrawals i would have from such a short time on it and so low would be insomnia. UGH! HELP! lol  

• Moderator Emeritus
17 minutes ago, Stefc29 said:

So I am now taking .125 at night to get into the deep sleep. That's half of what i was taking in the beginning.

For how many nights in a row have you been taking .125?  How many nights in a row were you taking twice that?  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Most of the 6 weeks I have been on it. Just minus a few days. 

I've been taking .125 over a week. 

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Stefc29 said:

Most of the 6 weeks I have been on it. Just minus a few days. 

So you were on .25mg for around 5 weeks and .125 for over a week, totaling 6 weeks, minus just a few days when you didn't take it.  Is that right?

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

correct. 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Stefc29 said:

correct. 

Thanks.  I've alerted Shep and we'll see what she has to say.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Gridley said:

So you were on .25mg for around 5 weeks and .125 for over a week, totaling 6 weeks, minus just a few days when you didn't take it.  Is that right?

20 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

correct. 

Stef, you may already be dependent on the Klonopin. You can become dependent on a benzodiazepine in just 2 - 4 weeks, even with periodic use. And it looks like you were taking it consistently (minus a few days) for 5 weeks. 

23 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

I'm taking it with an over the counter sleep aid and didn't take the Klonopin on some of those nights, but then the over the counter has worn off its effectiveness.

What is the over-the-counter sleep aids you're taking? 

Please set up a signature with your drug history. Here is how:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Please also include the over-the-counter remedies, as well as your supplements. 

Over the counter sleep aid of diphenydramine. I didn't take my klonopin last night and only got around 3 good hours of sleep. I may have gotten more had my daughter not busted into my bedroom like a bull after wetting her bed. I was able to get back to sleep, but just intermittently. I'm fine with that if at least I get some sleep without the klonopin. Last night I drank magnesium Natural Calm before bedtime. I"m also taking 45mg of Buspar a day. That's all i'm taking. No other supplements, etc. 

Oh, I was able to fall asleep with no aids until my daughter came in at 2am and then I toke the diphenydramine. I get panicked b/c I am scared i won't get any sleep when I'm awakened. 

• Administrator

Welcome, Stef.

On 2/9/2020 at 11:23 AM, Stefc29 said:

Questions: I have been withdrawing from Sertraline for 9 weeks. Doctor put me on two sleeping aids in between to help with insomnia and had Serotonin Syndrome again (trazodone and mirtzopan). Did this put me back at square one with withdrawal symptoms from Sertraline? 

9 weeks ago my body began rejecting Sertraline after I was tapering (bad tapering for a year). I developed Serotonin Syndrome and was told to stop the medicine cold turkey. I have been on Sertraline for 7 years transitioning from Cymbalta right before that b/c of pregnancies. Was on it for 5 years) After 3 weeks I had to find relief b/c of the horrible side effects and dark thoughts.

I was put on Buspar (just six weeks ago). I read that Buspar doesn't help with withdrawal which was disappointing. But in between the cold turkey of Sertaline (9 weeks ago) my doctor has put me on two serotonin sleep aids because of the horrible insomnia (which I've never suffered with as an adult). I had Serotonin Syndrome again both times.

I"m so much better than i was that first month. Dizziness is mostly gone, my appetite is back, I'm laughing again, enjoying activities, but still struggling. BUT my insomnia is still horrible. I took a few days off of .5 klonopin to try over the counter sleep aids. Worked for a few days and then wore off. So my pharmacist put me on both the over counter sleep aids to take with my low dosage of Klonopin (taking .25 or less at night) so that I can eventually wean off of the klonopin. Some nights bendryl has been enough. Other nights, not at all. I"m so discouraged b/c I want to stop the klonopin. This is really the thing that is making me the most depressed.

This is when my neuropsychologist put me on mirtzopane and trazadone. Both caused the serotonin syndrome.

My question is this. 2 weeks ago was when I took my last dose of trazadone (which i had the adverse affect) does this mean I'm at square one again with my withdrawal symptoms? I"m definitely feeling better but i have to admit. These have been the hardest 9 weeks of my life! I know I will get better but this is hard. Any help and encouraging words would be great. My withdrawal symptoms are now at the moderate stage from the sheets people have posted on here. Thanks and light and love to you all! 

What was the schedule you used to taper off sertraline?

It sounds like you got withdrawal insomnia while you were tapering? Then you were prescribed trazodone and mirtazapine together while you were still taking sertraline?

Can you give a timeline of your drug prescriptions? This will help Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This is confusing:

On 2/9/2020 at 11:23 AM, Stefc29 said:

9 weeks ago my body began rejecting Sertraline after I was tapering (bad tapering for a year). I developed Serotonin Syndrome

How did your body reject sertraline? What other drugs were you taking at the time? Is this when you were taking trazodone and mirtazapine as well?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I would like to say that at this point, I'm not ready to get off of Buspar. The withdrawals from Zoloft have been so hard, I will have to wait until I have been off of Zoloft a while to think about getting off Buspar, if ever. This process has been so hard. Yesterday, I had only a 3 symptom day. It was one of the best days I've had. I got home. Ate around 7:30pm, 9pm drank my Nature's Calm Magnesium and got in bed. At 10pm I took my over the counter sleep aid (50 of benadryl) and an hour later  had a surge of what i believe felt like cortisol or adrenaline and my anxiety went crazy. I had to take .25 klonopin to even fall asleep and I was up every hour. Needless to say, great day followed by a horrible night. I wish I knew what all this meant. How long will I oscillate between these two extremes. Feeling great and then horrible? 

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

Ate around 7:30pm, 9pm drank my Nature's Calm Magnesium and got in bed. At 10pm I took my over the counter sleep aid (50 of benadryl) and an hour later  had a surge of what i believe felt like cortisol or adrenaline and my anxiety went crazy. I had to take .25 klonopin to even fall asleep and I was up every hour.

This looks like a paradoxical reaction from taking magnesium, Benadryl, and then Klonopin within a couple hours of each other. The more you dampen down the nervous system with supplements and drugs, the more the nervous system fights to stay alert. This is the paradoxical reaction. 

Is this what you usually take each night? How much Klonopin are you taking now? You have .125 mg in the last line in your signature, but you mention taking .25 mg in your last post. Was this .25 mg in addition to your usual .125 mg? 

21 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

How long will I oscillate between these two extremes. Feeling great and then horrible? 

That's the typical window and waves pattern. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Sorry I am just now getting back to our prior discussion. Since our last discussion, a lot has happened. My doctors don't want me taking the histamines for my sleep so I have been taking .25 klonopin for sleep. I have also upped by dose to 60mgs for Buspar. I will be updating my bio after this post. Sadly, I was having a hard day and asked to try an SSNI b/c I was feeling weak and wanted to stop the difficult healing from being off of them. I had taken them in the past and was hoping my body could tolerate it. I had a horrible reaction, of course, b/c for whatever reason my body doesn't like SSRI's and NOW SSNI's. I knew this to be true but was praying I could get some relief by trying a different class. I learned my lesson. I have been praying about it, and should have listened to my initial gut reaction. NO MORE SEROTONIN uptakers, lol. Got it! Check !  So here I am.  The physical aspects of healing were obsolete before taking this last dose. I know they will pass once it is out of my system completely with some residual. I was only having insomnia, anxious/nervous through the roof, and some panic. So really only 3 symptoms. But now I realize i have had ringing in my ears. It is most prominent when i am lying down and in a quiet room. What can I do to help with this ringing in my ears? Also, anything I can do to recover from this last stupid dose of Cymbalta? I am now also taking a Vitamin D3 everyday along with better diet, juice plus, etc. I've turned my diet around which I feel has helped me. I cut diet cokes out of my diet 9 weeks ago cold turkey and I'm not doing any caffeine at all. No alcohol around the same time i have up diet coke. I'm just really wanting to get my life back. Need some advice and some encouraging words. Thanks for being here for me. Before taking the Cymbalta I was at 3 symptoms a day. Today I am at 4 or 5 symptoms. Of course when I am having bad anxiety, I feel I can't go on, but I'm not suicidal. But I don't know if that would go anywhere on the checklist. Light and love!! 

On 2/14/2020 at 6:27 AM, Shep said:

This looks like a paradoxical reaction from taking magnesium, Benadryl, and then Klonopin within a couple hours of each other. The more you dampen down the nervous system with supplements and drugs, the more the nervous system fights to stay alert. This is the paradoxical reaction. 

Is this what you usually take each night? How much Klonopin are you taking now? You have .125 mg in the last line in your signature, but you mention taking .25 mg in your last post. Was this .25 mg in addition to your usual .125 mg? 

That's the typical window and waves pattern. 

Hey Shep,

I am in desperate need of help. I feel like I am digging myself into a bigger hole and i"m getting more and more depressed. 

I tried Cymbalta on Wednesday and I'm doing horribly. I only took it once and at 20mg.  I have to admit, I was weak. I told my doctor, who I am going to find another one b/c he is dismissive of me, that i needed something besides my Buspar b/c I am losing interest in the things that used to give me passion. We tried Cymbalta b/c I had taken it before in the past and i had a good reaction. Well, this time was just like the others. Horrible reactions. So now my brain is having to readjust again. I'm so mad at myself. I was doing good at taking the benadryl and then .125 of klonopin but they told me to stop taking the benadryl b/c of the dementia risk, and now i'm having to take .5 Klonopin to get any sleep, especially since my anxiety is so bad right now after tkaing the Cymbalta again. i've learned my lesson. I'm currently in therapy which is helping , but no one in my community seems to have any knowledge of what i'm truly going through. Please help me. I'm lost and I want to feel better. I'm currently taking 75mgs of Buspar (upped it to 75 when my anxiety got so bad after this last Cymbalta episode) and .5 Klonopin for sleep at night. Taking vitamin D3 2000 and couldn't take magnesium b/c it didn't agree with me. I started taking the Vitamin D on Tuesday. This morning I work up with horrible anxiety and took another .5 klonopin to be able to get some good sleep. HELP ME PLEASE. 

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

I'm currently taking 75mgs of Buspar (upped it to 75 when my anxiety got so bad after this last Cymbalta episode) and .5 Klonopin for sleep at night. Taking vitamin D3 2000 and couldn't take magnesium b/c it didn't agree with me. I started taking the Vitamin D on Tuesday. This morning I work up with horrible anxiety and took another .5 klonopin to be able to get some good sleep. HELP ME PLEASE. 

Stef, you're going to have to stop making changes. 

Also, vitamin D can be stimulating. Please see:

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol or calcitriol)

This may not be a good vitamin to add in right now. Instead, you may want to go for a 30 minute walk outside in the sunlight each day and get some vitamin D that way. And there are foods that contain vitamin D that may be less likely to cause upticks in symptoms rather than getting this vitamin via a supplement. 

19 hours ago, Stefc29 said:

I tried Cymbalta on Wednesday and I'm doing horribly. I only took it once and at 20mg.  I have to admit, I was weak. I told my doctor, who I am going to find another one b/c he is dismissive of me, that i needed something besides my Buspar b/c I am losing interest in the things that used to give me passion. We tried Cymbalta b/c I had taken it before in the past and i had a good reaction.

Please note that we don't subscribe to the chemical imbalance theory of depression here. This thread explains why:

Again, chemical imbalance is a myth. Stop the lies, please.

It sounds like you're done looking for another antidepressant, but it may help to know that the chemical imbalance theory of depression has been debunked. 

Please focus on getting in a routine of taking the same drugs at the same times of the day. And then we can help you set up a game plan for coming off these drugs.