Rozon1: Effexor withdrawals

Rozon1

• Mentor
18 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Hello Rozon1

I am responding to a PM you sent me. My general comments are that this is a very difficult and lengthy process. We have good days (or partial days) and not good days - and nights for that matter. Over a period of time - the good periods become longer and the poor periods grow shorter. Similarly for the acuteness of the WD symptoms.

In a nutshell about myself - I have been in prolonged withdrawal since 12/2018 since a veritable CT of duloxetine. Even though I took my last dose recently - I am still experiencing WD symptoms. Whle I don't want to have any self-fulfilling prophecies here, I expect they will continue (for months) and eventually resolve. That being said, like you, I went to MDs for evaluation and treatment of physical symptoms. These came back negative so I chalked them up to WD and they have come and gone. 

The symptoms have been horrible but I was determined to stay the course. When you see how this drug affects you - and all the stories of people on SA - then you want off these drugs. It will take you time to get better.

It looks like you are gradually seeing improvement in many areas. That is really positive and a sign of progress.

To help with digestion - 1. Drink plenty of water. 8 glasses is the recommendation. Write down throughout the day if you have to. 2. Eat a lot of fiber. Bran buds and berries for breakfast (for example). Sprinkle flax seed on cereal, salads, etc. Search online for veggies and fruits that are highest in fiber and target those. Some foods are very binding. Sugar is tops on this list. Dairy is close behind. 3. Exercise, exer cise, exercise. A benefit of this is that physical exercise makes you tired and this will help you sleep.

To aid sleep - you might do a brain dump at the end of the day - or keep a worry book. Write down things you are worried about, things you have to do, etc. Then you close the book and tell yourself they are all written down and forget about it. 

Have positive expectations. Things will gradually improve as you are seeing. This stinks. I'm glad you're on the path to recovery.

Great post, Giulietta!  Yes, it does take time and perseverance, but perhaps most important the right frame of mind.  You need to have faith in yourself that you can recover, and then do whatever it takes to stick with it, and do what works for you.

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

2 hours ago, mstimc said:

You need to have faith in yourself that you can recover, and then do whatever it takes to stick with it

Well said!

Rozon, I was fortunate that I had been mentally prepared (sort of) when my MD told me that I would have physical symptoms and literally 'have days when you feel like you are going out of your mind.' This set my expectations and helped me stay the course. During bad times (often) I daily reminded myself of this - and that I was going to win.

Hey @Giulietta! Thank you for your kind response. I read your story and you were on the same class of drug that I was on. So, you CT'd mid 2018, reinstated in september, then CT'd in December?  What made you reinstate then CT all within the same year if you don't mind me asking? Did it help? What % did you reinstate at? I'm going to take some time and look over your thread. Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm trying to stay the course and I continue the fight. It's just hard with these physical symptoms bringing me down. I have seen improvements, yes but as you know, it's hard with the up's and down's and the constant question "Is this going to last forever". Thanks for your kind response.

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

Hello Rozon,

12 hours ago, Rozon1 said:

So, you CT'd mid 2018, reinstated in september, then CT'd in December?  What made you reinstate then CT all within the same year

Really excellent question. My answer is a bit lengthy.

A bit of background would help you understand.

In April 2015 I was put on this 'medication' for mood management and it was problems from the start - insomnia, anxiety, GI, etc. My dose was started at 20 mg, then pushed up to 60, and I was told to up to 90! After refusing - I tapered down to 20. After being on 20 mg and being told by 2 MDs and 1 NP I could just get off because 2 wasn't doing anything (not kidding) - I finally did so (my first CT). This was mid-2018.

Shortly thereafter I started WD symptoms and panic (never had that before and didn't know what was happening!), agoraphobia, etc. I figured out a month later that the change had been in my CT! Before I found SA - and not having received any information from any of the MDs I went to - I resumed the full dose. This was in September 2018. I had no idea about a partial dose reinstatement - particularly as I was at the lowest commercially available dose. This reinstatement at the full dose was an unwitting error.

After reinstating  - I was in a frantic mode to find out how people get off duloxetine. I was honestly terrified. I had no confidence in the person I had been seeing (duh). So, on my own, after searching I found SA. I learned I needed to taper but I didn't realize that with my drug I could not crush, grind, etc. the beads (the drug) in each capsule. So, I found a compounding pharmacy (1st one I called) and they said they could provide me with a liquid. The pharmacy was accreditied, etc. so I thought there was no problem. The MD had no objections.

Ther eason you don't crush the beads is because you are releasing the drug immediately. The drug product is all but destroyed in an acidic environment (your esophagus and stomach) - so it was close to a CT or a CT. I could never find out - even though I did hours of painstaking research. I had no idea about this and wish I had known.

Did it help?

My reinstatement eradicated the panic and agoraphobia, etc. - although Iw ent through the same onboarding symptoms for a solid month (inability to move bowels, insomnia,  wound up like a top, etc., etc.).  Reinstating the full dose was unwitting and an error.

If you decide to reinstsate - please consult with one of the mods here. I defer to them on this. My undestanding is that you do a partial - and start at the lowest dose you can to get relief from your symptoms. Thereafter you taper at the slow 10% a month rate.

"Is this going to last forever".

The physical symptoms are terrible, and I have asked myself - andposted in desperation on my thread, the same question: is this going to last forever? When does it end? Even though I read the posts of other people who had gone through this with physical and emotional and cognitive difficulties - it was not the same as someone reassuring me and telling me that it will go away.

There is a pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow. I don't know where I am on the rainbow except that I am much closer to the pot of gold than one year ago and one month ago.

Are yo uprimary complaints trouble to move bowels and insomnia? How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Just an update for you as well @Giulietta . Doctor called me back today and wants me to see a neurologist. I don't think I'm going to take that offer because I know all they can do is offer me brain scans, etc. Like everyone has told me, this is an autonomic nervous system dysfunction. Nothing anyone can do for me but wait it out, I suppose. Still have my GI appointment just to make sure everything down there is working correctly.

Thank you @Giulietta if I reinstate, it will not be at a full or partial dose of my CT. I'd probably start at 1mg or less to see how the symptoms weigh. 

My complaints as of lately is trouble moving bowels, insomnia(although has improved. I'm getting 4-8 hours of sleep a night) but I'm NEVER tired. Ever. I wake up from sleep and I'm wide awake. Even before I go to sleep, I never feel tired. My brain just shuts off. 

I'm restless, as I know that's a common WD symptom but it's borderline Akathesia. Moving helps it out a bit. Just never tired, at all. I'm just in this constant fear of anxiety that none of this is going to get better. It's just terrifying. 

Last but not least, could you clarify your Cymbalta journey with me? The signature is a bit confusing. Did you end up tapering off the last bit of Cymbalta after you reinstated or did you just CT it? Sorry. 

Example:

2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

13 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

Nothing anyone can do for me but wait it out, I suppose. Still have my GI appointment just to make sure everything down there is working correctly.

Good on both. Rule out possible issues and put your mind at rest. Then you can wait it out and execute everythign people here havew been advising you on.

16 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

insomnia(although has improved. I'm getting 4-8 hours of sleep a night) but I'm NEVER tired. Ever. I wake up from sleep and I'm wide awake. Even before I go to sleep, I never feel tired. My brain just shuts off. 

This was / is common for me with duloxetine.

18 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

I'm just in this constant fear of anxiety that none of this is going to get better.

This sounds partly like a state of mind. Reframe your thoughts perhaps - have positive expectations - that this will get better. It will.

Maybe keep a log of your key symptoms and rate them.

Sorry - I wasn't clear.

Mid-2018: 20 mg CT until med. advice

Sept 2018: 20 mg reinstantement (didn't know any better to do a partial)

Dec 2018: 20 mg - what was close to a CT - maybe about 90% CT.

As I've mentioned before - I dealt with a lot of grief. Everything you have mentioned and more.

Hey guys. Just posting an update. I’m in a window today. Not completely absent of all symptoms(GI issues)but I feel as normal today as I have since this entire journey started. I know I’m gunna continue the windows and waves pattern but I’m gunna be happy with what happened today given how horrible the past week has been. I don’t want to be misleading though. I still have symptoms but I might happy with where I’m at. Tomorrow, well... we will see what tomorrow brings. 

the things that have settled today is my anxiety, my OCD and a few other mental symptoms. 

scheduled a half colonoscopy (meaning they don’t have to sedate me) to check out my Gi trac.

Example:

• Mentor

Great news, Rozon!  The physical symptoms will come and go but if you commit to recovery and keep your focus on that, you'll do great!  Positive thoughts going your way!

Tim C

Hey guys. Back with an update. Although it seems the anxiety was almost completely gone yesterday, last night I had insomnia and couldn’t sleep for another 2-3 hours. It’s almost like I’m at the beginning of this withdrawl process again. No relief in site. I do wonder if reinstating at this point would be detrimental for my health. It doesn’t seem like this restlessness wants to go away. I don’t have body jerks or in troll ave movement but I do feel like I need to move and pace sometimes. I can never relax. Certainly akathesia and it’s scaring the living day light out of me. I need a night of good rest

Example:

• Administrator

Re-read this topic from the beginning. What do you know about waves and windows?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Will do, @Altostrata. I understand them better now. Gives me comfort but also makes me worried. The waves HAVE seem less intense lately, for sure. Hope I can continue to see this type of progress. Thanks

Example:

• Administrator

Please do not ever tag me again, for any reason.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Just posting another update.

Last night I got 8-9 hours of sleep. I think I was catching up on the previous night where I got only 1-2 hours. Much more calm today. No anxiety to speak of. Other than the normal thoughts of depression that I’m going through this.

ive notices if I get little to no sleep, the day after, the anxiety ramps up and so that’s what I have to look forward to when I deal with no sleep. 

no need to move or get up and do something. Which is good because that’s the worst of all of this. My cough has gone away. Haven’t had it for  three days. That’s also improvement. Body still doesn’t feel fully relaxed and I’m still restless but it seems like that’s going to be one of the later things to improve is my guess.. I’ll keep you guys updated. 

Example:

• Mentor
20 hours ago, Rozon1 said:

ive notices if I get little to no sleep, the day after, the anxiety ramps up and so that’s what I have to look forward to when I deal with no sleep. 

Anxiety is a very typical response to lack of sleep, even in people with no med or anxiety issues.  Its a good sign you were able to sleep well the night before.  Such is WD!

Tim C

Hey @mstimc thanks for the response. A little update. Didn’t get to sleep until 6 am last night. Then got around 4 hours of sleep. It was a mix of me being over excited that I had no anxiety that entire day and just restlessness. 

today I’m feeling a bit anxious. With all the normal WD symptoms. I’m having muscle spasms(they don’t hurt) all over my body. Wonder if that’s a sign of healing. It’s a new symptom. My cough came back yesterday for a bit. Over all, As hesitant as I am to say this, I’ve seen improvements. But if I go into a deep wave again, I’ll just have to remember the waves and windows. 

Example:

That's great about the sleep. 

Nobody has a good day after 2 hours sleep, especially not the people who's CNS is compromised.

For the cramps, remember to stay hydrated.  Our brains and bodies need more water than ever right now, trying to rebuild new neural pathways.

Dehydration just delays any healing.

My Doctor just told Me to drink about 100 ounces a day to fight off what is probably this Covid Virus, but the important thing is to remember your body  can only absorb so many ounces every, I think it's 22 minutes.  Drink more than that and it's just "wasted like runoff in a downpour.  Gotta drink every half hour.  If you drink correctly, you wont be going to the bathroom as much either, since you'll be absorbing it.  

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

Hey guys. Back with another update. Day 3 with little to no anxiety. Just sadness and depression once again. My body cannot yawn properly, cough properly or have bowel movements properly. This is a trend. 

the last time I felt this way, I took a stimulate for bowel movements and sent me into a crazy wave. I’m drinking coffee(which I seem to tolerate) to help with bowel movements since nothing else does. I’m avoiding stimulated as I suspect it just sets me back into a nasty wave the both times I’ve experimented. 

again, just posting an update! I know the windows and waves pattern, just hopeful my body can start to work properly again! 

hey @Colonial I wouldn’t consider these spasms cramps. Or maybe they are. They don’t hurt me at all. Maybe it’s my muscles getting back in alignment or something. Who knows. I’m keeping plenty hydrated throughout the day. Seems to have no effect on WD but I’ll keep at it! 

Example:

How is Your Daughter?

🥰

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

guys..

I understand windows and waves but this deep nerve ache(not painful just feels like its here to stay) seems so permanent. Everything seems so unreal. I just want to give up. I can't imagine feeling this way for the rest of my life. I keep telling myself "You WONT feel this way for the rest of your life" but always get struck with the depression that it's possible. 

The will to keep going. It's so hard but I'm doing it for my girl. Everything I do is for her guys. There's WD's are no joke... My body doesn't function correctly. It's a surprise I'm still somewhat mentally sharp and can carry on conversation, etc. My body just disagree's with everything. I want something to change. I NEED a new symptom to show me it's making progress. ******** MAN, I find it so hard to believe people endured this and made a success story. Makes me not believe that people had it less worse than I did but I can't think like that because I don't know.. 

Windows and waves.. 

shes good @Colonial! She's just enjoying school being out. I'm doing her math homework with her lately. Trying to get her to ahead of her class so she won't have to struggle with it in 3rd grade.

Example:

Ah...MATH...

More torture...

But 2nd grade, priceless.

Keep fighting for Her... 🤠

I'm trying @Colonial.. I keep having these moments of weakness where I feel like I can't go anymore. My windows have been nice but they also don't subside the physical symptoms which lead me to believe they're here to stay. I quickly have to get out of that mindset. I keep saying to myself  

"Stay off these drugs.. Stay off these drugs".. "Don't reinstate"..

I can tell how sensitive my nervous system is. Just a little argument with my cousin caused my symptoms to vamp up. I can only imagine going back to half a dose would do to me like I previously thought. 

Example:

• Mentor
16 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

I'm trying @Colonial.. I keep having these moments of weakness where I feel like I can't go anymore. My windows have been nice but they also don't subside the physical symptoms which lead me to believe they're here to stay. I quickly have to get out of that mindset. I keep saying to myself  

"Stay off these drugs.. Stay off these drugs".. "Don't reinstate"..

I can tell how sensitive my nervous system is. Just a little argument with my cousin caused my symptoms to vamp up. I can only imagine going back to half a dose would do to me like I previously thought. 

YES, you keep having those moments. But look you have made it through every single one! You will continue to do it! You got this !

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed  :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

He's gonna make it!  🙂  

hey guys. just an update. Inner restlessness. Aka for sure. Very mild compared to what people explain it as. For me, atleast. Always wide awake, as alto explained, that's common in WD. Restlessness. So are the cold chills that I have. The puzzling symptoms are the constipation and swelling. However, I mark that to WD's as well. Have a "short colonoscopy" in a few weeks to make sure it's nothing serious. I'll keep you guys updated. I've realized that coping is next to impossible in my situation. There's no switch in your mind when you're going through these WD's that says "Oh, I'm going to cope all day today and make the best of it". You just survive. It is what it is. People who say otherwise, simply, haven't suffered to this degree. It's okay, though, I don't blame them for trying to see the best out of the situation. I do. I'm holding on for my life and I'm not giving up. 

Reinstatement has been so convincing just to try. I know it would be a bad idea to go back at a full or even half of the dose I was previously on. My nervous system is so sensitive. I'd do a low 1mg dose but I truly don't think that would be enough to do anything and most people tell me it's a terrible idea. So I'm just going to hold out and hope my nervous system continues to correct itself in the best possible ways. 

Anxiety is normal anxiety. Just can't believe I'm in this situation. Can't believe my body is suffering to this degree. I realize my akathesia isn't nearly as bad as the worst ones out there or anything but, it's still a bummer. Hope some of these things continue to improve as they have.

Example:

I would also like to note, yes I’ve seen improvements. Mentally and akathesia wise since the beginning of all of this. It doesn’t seem like I have but looking back at to where I was at, I’ve improved. Still haven’t the symptoms though and hoping those one day improve as well! 

Example:

6 hours ago, Rozon1 said:

I've realized that coping is next to impossible in my situation. There's no switch in your mind when you're going through these WD's that says "Oh, I'm going to cope all day today and make the best of it". You just survive. It is what it is. People who say otherwise, simply, haven't suffered to this degree. It's okay, though, I don't blame them for trying to see the best out of the situation. I do. I'm holding on for my life and I'm not giving up.

Hey @Rozon1,

well said! And still this is - although cruel - a way of coping... 😉

I wish you all the best

C. 

Medical history:
11/2015 - Duloxetin 30mg, 12/2015 - Duloxetin 60mg, 4/2016 - CT
8/2016 - Duloxetin 60mg, 2/2017 - Duloxetin 30mg, 4/2017 - CT
7/2017 - Duloxetin 60mg, 9/2017 - Duloxetin 30mg, 11/2017 - CT
3.5.2018 - Milnacipran 25mg, 10.5.2018 - Milnacipran 50mg, 20.5.2018 - Milnacipran 25mg, 24.5.2018 - CT and protracted WD

Supplements: none

Is not being able to cry a symptom people go through? Like physically, it’s hard to cry? 

Example:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, 

yes, some people say they can't cry. I've been through this too : for some months, I wasn't able to cry, like if my body was unable to do so.

As everything else, it will fade :)

Take care ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow SA members. I took a bit of time off from here. Visited very rarely. Some things have improved but over all seems like the depression has gotten worse. Not sure what to do. I wouldn't be here asking if I did. I'm getting pretty desperate as things seemingly have been at a stand still for the most part. 

Is it still out of the questions to reinstate, even at a low dose? 

Example:

Hey buddy!

I've seen you posting around the site here and there, good to see you.

Reinstatement was never out of the question, I just didn't perceive You were serious about doing it so I didn't encourage discussion about it.

It seems the "thought" of it was more the crutch that got You through the hard days.

Rebound depression, yuck.  Getting enough sun and exercise? 

I know, most unhelpful sounding reply ever, right?

It's the last thing our bodies want to do.

Are you affected a lot by any "stay at home" order?

We got word we're finally allowed out IN our cars!!!

We just can't get OUT of them or have the windows down...

Kid You not, we're allowed to drive around and "look" at stuff... 😎

Lol

I guess every little bit helps now in the bizzaro world. 

Maybe plan something special with Your daughter?

Hey good to see you @Colonial. I walk my neighborhood 3 hours a day. I’m constantly wanting to get out of my own head. Panic, if you will. I don’t have the physical urges to move as much as I used to. Now it’s a mental urge. So now I walk around for 2-3 hours a day. Constant depression. Suicidal thoughts. I can’t focus on anything other than my problems. I do my best to keep up with Bella but it’s almost impossible for me. I usually just let her end up playing by herself. This is constant torture if I’m being honest. 

im glad you’re doing well. I hope it gets better for you. 

Example:

I understand, it's annoying when You cant get a symptom to stop.

This weeks special, I'm having muscle twitching and spasms in my face.

Embarrassing when You can't keep your own mouth shut.

Wow, 3 hours a day! That's great!

I get half an hour twice a day with the dog if I'm lucky!

But I'm old so...  😎

• Mentor

Rozon, Its good you checked in.  I think a lot of people are trapped in their own heads right now because of social isolation.  I've been fighting the same thoughts.  Its okay just to accept those thoughts for now.  A couple of suggestions to break out of your negative thought patters 1) Can you add some purpose or goals to your walks so you're not ruminating while walking?  Something as simple as deciding to notice new things in your neighborhood like a house with new paint, or setting a destination.  Anything to focus on.  2) Make the effort to engage with Bella.  Even if its just sitting on the floor next to her when she's playing.  If you stay close, she'll include you in her play and you'll find yourself getting into it.

Finally, remember you've had windows.  You can and will recover and get your life back.

Tim C

• Moderator Emeritus

If you do a search for walk bingo you can find some ideas for things to look for.  You don't have to play it as a bingo game, but you could just write a list of things.  The ideas might help you to think up some of your own.  If Bella is old enough she could help you to create the list.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

7 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

If you do a search for walk bingo you can find some ideas for things to look for.

That's a neat idea!  It's sort of like the spin off of what kids did when families were on long drives back in the day before the electronic age.

Hey @ChessieCat, @brassmonkey or @Gridley

I want to ask your experience with people being off for this long reinstating back at a low dose. My body is constantly going. I’m never tired and I am constantly anxious. Obviously WDs aren’t normal but I am curious what your thoughts are on a low dose reinstatement? This is beginning to become too much. Not sure I can continue like this. I am certainly not going to another drug to become poly drugged. I understand that my only chance at recovery is to stay off the drug but it’s so hard.

thank you guys. 

Example: