Rozon1: Effexor withdrawals

Rozon1

• Administrator

I doubt it was the fault of the beads. You could also make a liquid from an immediate-release tablet and take a very low dose twice a day.

Yes, your nervous system will settle down. There would be no point to operating this site if people did not recover eventually.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Okay guys, moderators, I could use some advice. 

it is now 2 1/2 months since I’ve stopped effexor. SOME things have improved while the main things still persist. I stil have terrible insomnia, I can’t yawn, my anxiety is over the roof and I haven’t seen much improvement. I’ve had little windows here and there but very small ones. Over all, my nervous system still feels in shock and I’m not sure it’s going to get any better. Really, I’d imagine it just gets worse. 

I understand that People “heal” but I just can’t see me doing this over and over the next year. Part of me wants to reinstate like some of you said, @Gridley, @Altostrata,  @manymoretodays but when I was on Effexor my body was rejecting the drug. I just don’t know if it’s worth to risk even the smallest amount to get some relief. @brassmonkey do you still think I should stay away from reinstating? Any advice guys would be nice. I understand no one knows how my body is going to react but isn’t my nervous system healing now? Wouldn’t reinstating this late prolong that or possibly make it worse? Does anyone have references to when people reinstated late and got relief? I’m just scared shitless to do it. 

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

• Administrator

You're not late in reinstating.

It's up to you what you want to do.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata when I switched to the beads, I immediately felt a difference. I’m not sure if it was due to the brand difference or what but the beads affected me for sure. That’s why I switched back to the instant release. 

alto, what if I take it, and I get worse immediately? Just stop taking it? 

also what if I try another ssnri like Cymbalta to go into? These withdrawls are becoming more and more to take. The severity of them haven’t increased but just the waves of them coming and going. They’re still there no matter what but just sometimes worse than others.

i keep thinking to myself “hold out another 2-3 months. You might see improvement. “ 

do you know of anyone that has reinstated from the same drug at a low dose that has the same history of going on and off of it for a while that felt immediate relief?

Example:

2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

• Administrator

I've given you my best advice. I can't tell the future and cannot guarantee any result. If you give reinstatement a good trial and don't like the way it feels, stop.

The decision is up to you.

@Altostrata if I do reinstate, do I hold until I stabilize then start my taper? or do I continue to go up in MG until I find which MG is too high?

Example:

• Administrator
On 1/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Gridley said:

This link is specifically about tapering Effexor.

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

So that you have a better understanding of what you're experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF)

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Reinstatement of a very small dose of the original drug is the only known way to help alleviate withdrawal syndrome.  The only other alternative is to try and wait out the symptoms and manage as best you can until your central nervous system returns to homeostasis.  Unfortunately no one can give you an exact timeline as to when you will start feeling better and while some do recover relatively easily, for others it can take many months or longer.  

Reinstatement isn't a guarantee of diminished symptoms for everyone but it's the best tactic available.  You're still in the time period where reinstatement predictably works, up to 3 months after last dose. We usually suggest a much smaller reinstatement dose than your last dose.  In the two months you've been off the drug, your system has made accommodations to being without the drug, and going to the the 50% mark would be too high.  Your system has become sensitized and If you take too much it may be too much for your brain and can cause you become unstable.  Sometimes it can be hard to regain stability after this happens.  Once you've answered my questions, we can suggest a reinstatement dose.  Please do not reinstate without letting us suggest a reinstatement dose.  Please read:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

Then, once you've stabilized, which can take several months,  you can begin a 10% per month taper down to zero.  

On 2/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Altostrata said:

Hello, Rozon. You might take 6 beads out of the Effexor XR capsule and see it that helps. You'd taper off bead by bead after stabilizing for some months.

@Altostrata when I quit cold turkey, I was taking a tablet, not a capsule with beads. You still want me to reinstate with the tablet?

also, @Altostrata what about going to Prozac? Seems people have no issues switching over to Prozac when they get off Effexor. Would this be worth a try? @brassmonkey, @manymoretodays, @Gridley

Example:

maybe I'll document my withdrawl journey here. Seeing as I want to be a success story one day, I don't see what it would hurt. 

Today, my anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks. The dreadful thoughts of this constantly happening over the past month and a half has my brain going in loops. Restlessness, if you will. I constatnly think that maybe reinstating the dose would be a good idea then, I try to fight the urge because of how being on the medication made me feel. I think my brain wants stability. If I give it stability from reinstating, then I could handle that and taper accordingly. Or do I give it stability by staying off all drugs? 

Also, thank you mods for your help. I've been a mess since I've joined this forum and it's hard to filter myself when I'm panicking so much. I hope to look back at these post's and laugh with you all. 

Any thoughts? Feel free, I'd love to hear about them.

Example:

Hi Rozon, you had responded to Squirrelygirl's post so I wanted to take a look at your history. My brain would be a complete mess if I had followed the steps in your signature, I 100% see why you are having the symptoms you are. I think you're at a point of overthinking this when you really just need to settle and let your body do its thing. If your body has rejected Effexor like you said, I would not want to reinstate and again, just give it time.

I completely understand your frustration. THere have been times where I have wanted to throw my beads up against the wall and give up and I just want to feel better. For me, feeling better always came with staying completely stable, taking care of my health, being patient and nurturing to myself, and most importantly, TIME.

Regarding your Prozac question, I had considered switching to it mid-taper for an easier and maybe faster taper. But my reasoning was that I would rather deal with the devil I knew rather than throw a new equation into my brain. That is up to you though.

I don't know what other advice to give you other than to stop overthinking and stabilize. It may even be up to a year before you feel better. I of course do not know because I don't have your body,  but I know I am very sensitive to this drug and its impact. After I reinstated over 6 years ago, I took an entire year to stay at my dose before starting to taper. and I have been tapering for almost 5 years straight. This is the kind of patience you'll need to have after what I would consider a cold turkey stop (18.75mg to 0).

I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon... maybe try keeping a journal so you can visibly see how you're slowly starting to feel better over time.

History: Began suffering from panic attacks when my father passed away in 2005. Been on and off SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor XR), and therapy since then.

2009 - Started Effexor XR 75mg. Consistent therapy starting Oct 2013

Feb 2014 - Therapist and I felt I was ready to come off Effexor - went to half dose (37.5mg) for a week and then off completely by advice of psychiatrist - bad w/d for a week then gone

May 2014 - bad protracted w/d came out of nowhere.. constant dizziness, agoraphobia(never had before), intense headaches, fatigue for 3 months, all tests (brain MRI, inner ear tests, blood tests, etc.) normal. could not drive, grocery shop, or live life.

Aug 2014 - back on Effexor XR 75mg as neurologist thought these symptoms were my anxiety coming back, all w/d symptoms disappear within 2 weeks. I should have went back on at a lower dose, but I hadn't discovered this site yet. I finally did discover this site, and gave myself a year to stabilize.

July 2015 - Started tapering from 75mg. 5% cuts every 3 weeks. From July 2015 - March 2016, reduced to 37.5mg (half dose). In March 2017, down to 18.3mg (quarter dose). April 2020 - down to 0.38mg.

Now: Finally med free as of Oct 31, 2020 after 5.5 years of tapering. Still med and withdrawal free, January 2023. ☀️

Supplements during tapering and now: Meditation, daily exercise, fish oil, clean diet, working from home (more sleep!)

• Administrator
On 2/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Altostrata said:

Hello, Rozon. You might take 6 beads out of the Effexor XR capsule and see it that helps. You'd taper off bead by bead after stabilizing for some months.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, Altostrata said:

I doubt it was the fault of the beads. You could also make a liquid from an immediate-release tablet and take a very low dose twice a day.

Yes, your nervous system will settle down. There would be no point to operating this site if people did not recover eventually.

I have no idea if you would find perhaps 1mg Prozac a good substitute for Effexor. Prozac comes in a prescription liquid so you can take small amounts with an oral syringe.

@primekittycat hey thank you for your response. You waited 3 months to reinstate, correct? I just wonder if reinstating at a lower dose would benefit me at all. I understand my brain needs To stabilize that’s what’s kept me from reinstating thus far. Are you on instant release or extended? How are you tapering? 

also thank you so much for your support and words of advice. How do you feel at that dose? 

Example:

Just giving a daily update. Anxiety seems calm, I feel a bit more stabilized today but last time this happened I had a week of withdrawls. Don’t expect much to change. Just appreciating the good days. Constipation is still there above a few other symptoms. Good news is I slept for atleast 6 hours last night without help from anything so maybe or hopefully that continues as I know it’s important for healing. 

Example:

Things I’m thankful for today is little to no anxiety. Hair stopped falling out. I’m able to have stool movements although it still feels like I’m constipated. I was able to sleep 6 hours last night. A few minor improvements. Over 2 1/2 months off I know the withdrawls will still come and I know the worst isn’t over yet. I’d be dumb to set my expectations this high. As @primekittycat said,  I’m frustrated and really overthinking it. I’ve been more calm today. The brain needs to stabilize so my body can start to heal itself properly. Not sure going back to the med that was making me feel poisoned would help. I’m able to relax and do the things I like for the most part knowing I have to cope with what’s happening to my body today. I’ll continue to use this as a journal. I hope I continue to see improvement. If anyone wants to chime in and give me their opinion on how I’m doing I could always use words of encouragement. Thanks!

Example:

hey, @Altostrata... let's say that I reinstate at the small dose of effexor. And I do feel better. Do I continue to taper up until I don't feel good? How long did I get each mg a chance? A week? Would it be out of the question to reinstate at like 12mg since that's half of what I was taking? 

Example:

• Administrator

I cannot give you any answers until you find out what 6 beads will do. You'd have to give it about a week to see.

Sorry, not able to predict anyone's future. I've given you my best guess.

@Altostrata no, for sure. I can't do beads, though. I'd have to go back to the tablet and figure out how to get to 1mg from that. I've only ever felt better on the tablet, not the beads. 

Knowing my history and how bad this drug made me feel, would you go back to it, esp 3 months out? Have you seen people completely taper off from the 1mg and do fine? Assuming, their reinstatement went fine?

Also, Alto, thank you so much for getting back to me. I know I'm a bit too much but I'm confused, I hope you understand.

Example:

21 hours ago, Rozon1 said:

@primekittycat hey thank you for your response. You waited 3 months to reinstate, correct? I just wonder if reinstating at a lower dose would benefit me at all. I understand my brain needs To stabilize that’s what’s kept me from reinstating thus far. Are you on instant release or extended? How are you tapering? 

also thank you so much for your support and words of advice. How do you feel at that dose? 

Hi Rozon,

It was actually 7 months before I reinstated. After cutting cold turkey per my doctor, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms for only a few days and then they went away. I thought I was in the clear but the withdrawal came back during a stressful episode, 3 months later. I was extremely dizzy to the point where I could not drive, was having horrible headaches/head pressure and insomnia. It took an additional 4 months to realize what was going on (after a brain MRI, inner ear tests, bloodwork that all came back normal) and then I reinstated the full original dose of 75mg (NOT recommended, I was not a part of this site yet or else I would have done a much smaller dose and would not have cut cold turkey in the first place) and felt completely better within 1-2 weeks. I never want to feel like that again so I am so glad I found this site and their tapering schedule/advice. 

I'm on extended, I tried switching to instant release at some point so I could do a liquid taper but my brain could not get used to the instant release, even splitting my dose and taking it twice a day. I am currently taking 1.6mg which is the equivalent of 4 XR beads (Aurobindo manufacturer). I feel great right now, even after doing a cut about 5 days ago because I've been doing this so slowly and paying close attention to how I feel. I have been very patient and held my dose if I'm sick, have vacation plans, around the holidays, having an out of the ordinary stressful week at work, etc.

I have tapered by 5% every 3 weeks (5% cut based on the most recent dosage per SA's recommendations, so the tapering slows down toward the end). This is extremely slow but is what I needed to do to not experience extreme withdrawal that interfered with my daily activities. 

I completely agree with Alto that I would give myself a week to assess how you're feeling if you do a small reinstatement. Personally I would do a small one, like maybe 5mg but again it's up to you.

History: Began suffering from panic attacks when my father passed away in 2005. Been on and off SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor XR), and therapy since then.

2009 - Started Effexor XR 75mg. Consistent therapy starting Oct 2013

Feb 2014 - Therapist and I felt I was ready to come off Effexor - went to half dose (37.5mg) for a week and then off completely by advice of psychiatrist - bad w/d for a week then gone

May 2014 - bad protracted w/d came out of nowhere.. constant dizziness, agoraphobia(never had before), intense headaches, fatigue for 3 months, all tests (brain MRI, inner ear tests, blood tests, etc.) normal. could not drive, grocery shop, or live life.

Aug 2014 - back on Effexor XR 75mg as neurologist thought these symptoms were my anxiety coming back, all w/d symptoms disappear within 2 weeks. I should have went back on at a lower dose, but I hadn't discovered this site yet. I finally did discover this site, and gave myself a year to stabilize.

July 2015 - Started tapering from 75mg. 5% cuts every 3 weeks. From July 2015 - March 2016, reduced to 37.5mg (half dose). In March 2017, down to 18.3mg (quarter dose). April 2020 - down to 0.38mg.

Now: Finally med free as of Oct 31, 2020 after 5.5 years of tapering. Still med and withdrawal free, January 2023. ☀️

Supplements during tapering and now: Meditation, daily exercise, fish oil, clean diet, working from home (more sleep!)

hey, @brassmonkey, you mentioned to stay off if I'm seeing improvements. I felt I've pleatued and I'm dealt with these uncomfortable symptoms. That are lingering. Like I said, my body just feels broken. Not being able to fully yawn, constipated, restlessness. Just feels my body is broken and reinstatement might give me that bit of relief so I can stabilize. 

You still recommend staying off of it?

Example:

• Mentor

The body does not heal in a week. It has to slowly repair all the damage. I am 12 months free after of Paxil after 11 years on it. I was unable to do one push up for months on end with crushing fatigue. I am now getting personal bests in the gym. You either need to take time to let your body heal, stressing about everything is not making it any better. Or you can reinstate and see if that gives help. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

@Cocopuffz17 i know man but I feel my restlessness and constipation.. it feels like its the opposite of healing. its like dead basically. my body is so broken. I wish I was fatigue. I wish I had dihareaa. I wish I saw vast improvements. It's killing me not knowing if I should reinstate or not.

Did you have restlessness? Like waking up, not feeling tired? Feeling of over all wanting to not stay still?

Example:

Also what if I “pooped out” on the medication. Wouldn’t that imply going back to it will have little to no effect? @Gridley? @Altostrata

Example:

If you haven't yet, then I suggest that you read through this thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@brassmonkey I read it man. Maybe I should reinstate? But like I give up if I do. Like what if three months from now I’m not feeling as bad? Then I’m always gunna think to myself what if I never reinstated? Or if I don’t reinstate I’m gunna think what if I reinstated? 

man you just seem to see it all, I just want to know what you would do brass. 

Example:

@Cocopuffz17 at what month did you start to see improvements when you got off the med? When did you start to see little changes?

Example:

• Mentor
5 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

@Cocopuffz17 at what month did you start to see improvements when you got off the med? When did you start to see little changes?

Instantly I felt good after getting off the drug, then about 2-3 months later I got smashed. It took a solid 5-7 months to feel better. I literally went from not being able to do 1 push up to doing 200 a day in a matter of week. I haven’t been feeling too well lately so I’ve been trying to get more rest. Headaches and tinnitus have came back. But at a much lesser level than what rocked me for that long span. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed !!!

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

@Cocopuffz17 did you have heightened anxiety and an ability to sleep though?

Example:

• Mentor
1 minute ago, Rozon1 said:

@Cocopuffz17 did you have heightened anxiety and an ability to sleep though?

Yep, everything you see on the WDs list I had at some level. Fatigue and insomnia were the worst. I took a lot of melatonin to knock myself out. High above what is recommended by mods. I was taking 10 mg or more a night to go to sleep. 

@Cocopuffz17 did you have to move a lot? Akathisia type feeling?

Example:

• Mentor
11 minutes ago, Rozon1 said:

@Cocopuffz17 did you have to move a lot? Akathisia type feeling?

No, I got crushing fatigue where I would sleep for 14-16 hrs everyday. 

So I've been off effexor for 2 1/2 months. I'm experiencing a complete body shut down. Literally. Constipated, can't sleep, constant anxiety.. It's the worst. Minor improvements over the 2 months but still bad. Reinstating still seems like it's an option. I'm willing to do it. I want to know has anyone reinstated from a previous Cold Turkey once before and had good luck with it? I want to know the success rate or of any stories?

Example:

• Mentor

@Rozon1

it seems like you are trying to find someone with as close to the same situation as yours

and I understand that, but it's not going to help you make a decision, because every single person on here is different

and what happened with them is not going to be what happens with you.  It might give you an idea of what *might* happen but it's not going to tell you what *will* happen.

My  heart goes out to you, as you struggle to make this decision about reinstating. I can see how difficult it is for you.

maybe it would help to make a pro and con list?

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

happy2heal, im trying.. I really am. I don't know what to do.

Example:

• Mentor
On 1/30/2020 at 12:26 AM, Rozon1 said:

. I've been relying on xanax

do you still have xanax? 

are you taking any of it?

On 2/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, Rozon1 said:

I keep thinking about reinstating but I just don’t see how that’s gunna help me. Just mask my symptoms again.

I don't think reinstatement "masks" the symptoms, it can sometimes make them a bit more be

On 2/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, Rozon1 said:

Thank you for the positive encouragement! I'm trying my best EVERYDAY to survive this! I haven't smoked in a while since the last time I told you.

what were you smoking? cigs? weed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

are you still taking magnesium? how much and what kind? there are different kinds and some of them can help with constipation?

if you're not willing to reinstate, you need to work on your coping skills.

what do you do when you can't sleep?

are you limiting screen time near bedtime and following good sleep hygiene?  do you do gentle exercise like a 30 min walk early in the day? have you tried yoga or meditation or relaxation tapes or soothing music? an epsom salts bath?  

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

No I’m no longer taking Xanax @Happy2Heal and no I’m not smoking. I usually just lay in bed until I fall asleep. It’s the only thing that works. Exercise doesn’t help to be honest. I’ve tried for a week to tire myself out, my brain shuts off when it’s ready. 

what do you mean reinstatement doesn’t mask the symptoms? Are you saying that it gets rid of them? If so, I’m willing to reinstate than to deal with this. 

Example:

• Mentor
On 2/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, Altostrata said:

If you give reinstatement a good trial and don't like the way it feels, stop.

grr, I'm trying to add several quotes from previous posts but it only allows one at a time

hang on, let me see if I can figure this out

On 1/24/2020 at 12:03 PM, Gridley said:

Reinstatement isn't a guarantee of diminished symptoms for everyone but it's the best tactic available.  You're still in the time period where reinstatement predictably works,