Gratitude: Introduction and updates

Gratitude

I'm Gratitude, 

So very thankful to this information. It came a little late. I'm extremely scared and never posted before. Please bare with me I'm very slow and having a hard time remembering the most basic skills.

2007 - Zoloft, Trazidone, Lexapro and many others I dont remember them all. They were all high dosages.

Most recent 2010 - now Latuda started at 40 mg to 160 mg. 

March 2019 went cold turkey could not function. Went to hospital and they said nothing was wrong and I couldnt find any information about Discontinuation Syndrome. Dr.s said I was fine. Then over 2019 I overtook my meds one day and under took them the next not realizing the damage. November I ask my phychiatrist for a taper and she reduced it by half. I sometime took 80 to sleep. January 20, 2019 I decided to stick with 40 mg and I have. I'm so scared because after researching I realize I did everything wrong.  I just want my brain back. Im also perscribed hydrocodone for chronic pain severe arthritist. I take xanax for anxiety. I want to be healthy and latuda makes me deathly ill if I miss a day. I realized I can survive Latuda. I suffer from sever miagranes and no organization or motivation. I hope I did this right. If it were'nt for all the wonderful information I would of went back on it. Thank you so much for some hope. Techniques to help. Febuary 9 I started 1040 Omega3 Febuary 11Magnesium 250.

Titled:  Update

2-11 latuda 40mg

2-13 magnesium 250

2-13 omega 3

2-13 prescibed hydrocodone 10/325 for severe LBP

Today focused on optimistic views using coping skills learned

I just do not have any Idea how to blog or how to update.

Need any ideas on the heavy anxiety abd confusion.

Plan on futher taper Febuary 17

Edited by manymoretodays
merged 2nd intro topic with 1st, title added
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Gratitude.  First of all, you haven't done permanent damage to yourself.  It may feel that way, but the brain has a remarkable capacity to heal itself called neuroplasticity.  Don't kick yourself for making mistakes.  We all, myself included, have made them before finding this site.  You'll get your brain back, but it will take some time.  

I have a few questions..

1. How often do you take the xanax and at what dosage?

2. How often do you take the hydrocone and at what dosage?

3. Are you still on 40mg Latuda?

4. Have you started tapering Latuda?  If so, when and how fast?

5. Did you cut your Latuda dose by half as the psychiatrist suggested?  From what dose to what dose?  When was this?

6. You said your doses varied during 2019.  From what dose to what dose?

What is your daily symptom pattern now? Do you feel better or worse in the hours after you take your drugs? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.  Please post this daily here in your Introduction topic.  Use this format except with your own schedule, symptoms and drugs.

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Psychiatrists have no idea about safe tapering or withdrawal.  Cutting your dose by half was far too much.  We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

This link is specifically about tapering Latuda, including how to get the nonstandard doses you'll need for your taper.

Tips for tapering off lurasidone (Latuda) 

It is very important to take the same dose every day at around the same time.

When you wrote this--

17 hours ago, Gratitude said:

anuary 20, 2019 I decided to stick with 40 mg and I have.

--did you mean January 20, 2020?

With your varying doses and if you cut your dose in half, it is likely you are suffering withdrawal.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Edited by manymoretodays
removed excess white space

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Only one Introduction topic per member.  Please do not start any more Introduction topics.  You update on your original Introduction topic, which I just approved.

You said you plan on "further" taper on Feb. 17.  Have you already started tapering from the 40mg you list here on 2/11.  If so, at what rate are you tapering.  Please see the tapering instructions in my original post.

I'll give you some ideas about dealing with anxiety soon.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Gratitude: Introduction and updates
  • Moderator Emeritus

merged introductions

@Gratitude

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

@Gratitude

How are doing? Are you having trouble posting your Word document here in your Introduction topic?  If you are, you could print it out and re-type it here.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, Gratitude said:

Do I need to start all over. 

No.  And welcome aboard @Gratitude

Just go a head and post right here, for now.  This is your introduction/update page.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing