RhondaF: my introduction (hope i am doing this right)

RhondaF

I have been told i am depression resistance to Antidepressants. I am on zoloft 150 mg. I have been on AD for 34 years.  I have been diagnosed with GAD AND major depression.

the other medicines i am taking is Abilify 5mg and clonazepam .5 mg i take at n

this morning i cut my antidepressant down to 125 from 150..thought i would do that for one week.  i am not sure how to taper my 150 mg of zoloft 10%...

i am still depressed and have anxiety. most of my anxiety is being handicap and aging, my husband dying, and where i will end up as i age because i have no children.

so most days i start off good. i volunteer for a rescue group so i do that in the morning but come around 1pm i just sit in my recliner and watch tv all day. or just sit and stare in space.

last visit with my doctor she wanted me to do Ketamine.  they are trying to see if my insurance will cover it.  yesterday i found out the my copay for two weeks of the drug was going to 941.00.....i cant afford that.   and the side affects scare me.

i am not suicidal right now but i was about two years ago.....now i just wish i can go to sleep and never wake up. but i have no plans in harming myself.

not sure what else i can write.

i am thinking if i am resistant to the antidepressants why am i on them?

i see my doctor in 3 mos.

any ideas....????

1989 Started taking Antidepressants. I have been on all of them.

2/13/20 cut back my zoloft from 150 to 125. 

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

ativan 1mg- take as needed. probably take 4-5 pills a month) 

magnesium citrate, fish oil, GABA, multi vitamin, calcium, D3

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, RHONDAFF.  Your Introduction is just fine and this is the place for you do do further posts.

We are a site for helping members taper off psychiatric drugs and deal with withdrawal from them.  We don't put a lot of stock in psychiatric diagnoses on this site, as they're often arbitrary and change according to the therapist and the label in mode at the moment.  Just so you're prepared, the vast majority of doctors know nothing about safe tapering and invariably try to taper their patients too fast, putting the patient into withdrawal (which doctors don't even believe exists).

We recommend tapering, as I think you already know, by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.  The reasons for this are explained in the following link:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

When a member is on more than one drug, we recommend tapering the activating drug, known as accelerators first, leaving the more sedating drugs, known as brakes to act as a buffer to be tapered later.  We recommend tapering only one drug at a time.

Otherwise, if problems result, you won't know the cause.  SSRI's like Zoloft are accelerator, and yo were right to start your taper with it.  Antipsychotics and benzos are brakes.

You mentioned not being sure how to taper off Zoloft using the 10% method.  The following link explains how and give several options.  One is to cut tablets and weigh using a digital scale.  I have done this with no difficulty during my Lexapro taper.  

Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Many members, myself included, use the Gemini-20 scale, available on Amazon.

The GEMINI-20 Scale

I would hold where you are at 125mg for 6 weeks, just to let your system become accustomed to the new dose,  and then, if you're feeling stable, you could begin your 10% taper.

I would be very dubious of ketamine.

Ketamine treatment - Surviving Antidepressants

Opinion: The New Ketamine-Based Antidepressant Is a Rip-Off

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

I feel very hopeless to ever getting off AD.....I am not good at math so i dont think i could ever to the 10% tapering.

i am going to just cut my pills smaller and smaller as i go but give it a month in between the tapering.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

i am thinking about getting on magnesium citrate...how many mgs do you think i should start with? My vitamin i am taking has 200mg of it.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

I am not good at math so i dont think i could ever to the 10% tapering.

I understand that calculating can be confusing and overwhelming.  If cutting the tablet and holding a month is the way you have to to do it, that's the way you have to do it.  Here's a link with tips on how to cut tablets.  

How to cut up tablets or pills

1 minute ago, RHONDAF said:

i am thinking about getting on magnesium citrate...how many mgs do you think i should start with? My vitamin i am taking has 200mg of it.

We don't recommend multiple vitamins because if something doesn't agree with you, you won't know what ingredient it is.

I would start with 100mg magnesium and go up from there.  Many members take a small dose throughout the day.  If you got a tablet, you could cut it with a pill cutter and take 1/4 four times a day.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

@RHONDAF

I don't know what mg tablet of Zoloft you're taking.  It comes in 25mg, 50mg and 100mg.  It would be good if you can get some of each dosage to make your pill cutting easier and more exact. I hope your doctor would be cooperative on this.  If she's not, any M.D. can prescribe Zoloft.  

Your current dosage is 125mg. You want to reduce by 10% of that.

The way you can calculate 10% of 125 is to use a calculator to multiply 125 X .9 = 12.5.  So 10% of 125mg is 12.5.  Use the calculator to subtract 125 - 12.5 = 112.5.  112.5 would be your next dose.  I can calculate each dose as you taper down if that would help you.

The easy way to cut tablets to get this dose would be to use one 100g tablet or four 25mg tablets.  Then cut another 25mg tablet in half using your pill cutter and you have your exact dose: 112.5.  I can also help you figure out which pills to combine and cut to get your doses as you taper down.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

You are so kind to help. Are there people that don’t have side affects getting off of AD?

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
42 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

Are there people that don’t have side affects getting off of AD?

If you are you asking whether there are some people who don't have withdrawal effects coming off AD's without tapering, yes,  there are some.  There are no reliable statistics as to how many are the lucky ones and how many have serious long-lasting withdrawal.  Is it a large minority who have problems?  A majority?  40%?  60%?  More? We just don't know.  We also don't know who will have withdrawal effects and who won't, which is why we advocate a harm reduction 10% taper.  It's just not something you want to take a chance with.

The drug companies, to sell drugs,  tell the doctors that serious withdrawal doesn't exist and the doctors believe them.  Slowly, however, the word is getting out.  The U.K. psychiatric association recently revised its guidelines from saying that significant withdrawal from AD's doesn't exist to now warning that severe and prolonged withdrawal can happen.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

I am so confused with this site.  I am tapering off zoloft...this is my third day ...started at 150 and i cut the pill in half...on 125. will stay at that for 4 weeks??? is that right?

i had brain zaps yesterday but not today.  i am scared my anxiety will get worse off of Zoloft.

any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

i just want to see how i am without AD.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus

@RHONDAF  The link following this paragraph is where you should post all your questions and comments, not here.  Only one Introduction topic per member.  If you know how to bookmark, I would make a bookmark of your Introduction topic.   Or if you can't bookmark, look in the upper right corner at the top of this page where it says "search"  and type in RHONDAFF.  It will take you to your topic.  Click on your first post and you will be there.  Go down to the  last post and you can post your next post.  Here's the link to your main Introduction post:

my introduction (hope i am doing this right)

Yes, you will stay at 125mg for 4 weeks.  Brain zaps are a common withdrawal symptom from changing your dosage.  It is good you didn't have them today.  It is no use to worry about anxiety returning when you're off the Zoloft.  You said you think it's not working anyway.  Zoloft is a stimulating drug and your anxiety could diminish, not increase, as your dose gets lower.  You will do just fine.  After 4 weeks I will give your your next dosage.  In the meantime, if you can stock up on 100mg and 25mg pills, that would be a good idea.

18 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

started at 150 and i cut the pill in half...on 125. will stay at that for 4 weeks??? is that right?

i had brain zaps yesterday but not today.  i am scared my anxiety will get worse off of Zoloft.

any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

THANKS GRIDLEY!  I understand and thanks for explaining.  all i have is 100mg....i was at 150 and now i am 125  ...that's more that 10%...i guess in 4 weeks i can cut the 25 in half and do that for 4 weeks. and so on and so on.

i am so glad that my insurance wouldnt cover the Ketamine.  My pdoctor moved into another practice and they do all these other types of ways to get rid of depression.  She says she has a lot more to "offer" me.

I call them brain zaps but it feels like when i turn my head for some reason it either feels like dizziness or brain zaps.

do you think since i have been on an ad for 34 years i could get off of them and not tell the difference in my mood?

After i get off my antidepressant i would like to get off the clonazepam.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

ps i ordered the magnesium citrate and got it this am....started taking it today.  and i do take fish oil.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

all i have is 100mg.

Can you get a prescription for 25mg also?  It will make it easier when we start cutting the tablets.  If you can't, we can work with just the 100mg.  But if you can get the 25mg in addition it will make it much easier to cut and get accurate doses, especially when we get down to the lower doses.

16 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

they do all these other types of ways to get rid of depression.  She says she has a lot more to "offer" me.

Be careful and research everything they offer you.

17 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

do you think since i have been on an ad for 34 years i could get off of them and not tell the difference in my mood?

Yes, I think you can get off them.  I've been on Imipramine for 34 years and have cut my dosage from 75 to 25mg and am doing fine.  You will do fine too.  I predict your mood will be better once you are off these drugs.  

19 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

After i get off my antidepressant i would like to get off the clonazepam.

That's a good idea.  Let's take it one step at a time.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

I went to the dog park this morning.  I had a lot of anxiety. I have a disability and walk with a cane.  this "friend" out loud in front of everyone said Come sit you look wobblier than usual"....this made me embarrassed because there was a lot of people standing there.  

i hope getting off of Zoloft will make my anxiety worse.

i took .5mg of xanax but the pill was old from 2013. 

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

.this made me embarrassed

I'm sorry you had this experience.  People who aren't going through what we are can be very insensitive.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

My doctor is really trying to get my insurance to pay for Ketamine treatments.  they even are trying to get me a grant so i dont have to pay.

has anyone here been helped with ketamine?  it sounds scary to me but my doctor calls me "medicine resistant"....so i am kinda desperate.

i am still cutting back on my zoloft down to 125 from 150.

i havent felt any side affects except i am waking up earlier now (dont like that) and having vivid dreams.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus

11 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

has anyone here been helped with ketamine?  it sounds scary to me but my doctor calls me "medicine resistant"....so i am kinda desperate.

As I said earlier, I would be wary of ketamine.  It's your decision.  Please read the comments in these links.

Ketamine treatment - Surviving Antidepressants

Opinion: The New Ketamine-Based Antidepressant Is a Rip-Off

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

SORRY i missed your comments.....thanks i read the article...it was very good.  My doctor assistant just called me and my insurance is NOT going to cover the ketamine program...so its a no go.

but she did mention the TMS for me and was going to try to get that approved.  What do you think about TMS?

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

What do you think about TMS?

Please read the comments in this thread on TMS.

TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) - Symptoms and self ...

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Not sure i am posting my questions to the right place  .

Is it best to taper off one drug at a time?  I take .5mg of clonazepam before bedtime.  Have been doing this for at least one year.  was thinking about stopping this or tapering off of this at the same time i do my Zoloft.

What do ya'll think about that?

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

I reread my first comment by Gridley and i see where i am to get off Zoloft first, then i will get off Klonipin, then Ativan.  not going to worry about the later until i get off Zoloft.  I am now taking magnesium citrate and fish oil along with my multivitamin.  i started tapering  zoloft on 2/13/20 from 150 to 125.  so far so good.

i will check in on 3/13/20 to decide how much i should taper then.  I am thinking 125 to 100???

i do have a digital scale but not sure how to taper using the scale...i am not very good with math...Can you help me with that in a month?

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

can anyone tell me where to write daily updates?

my sister pretty much went cold turkey on her cymbalta but today she had to get back on it...i was sure hoping she could get off..but she hit rock bottom.  i dont think she will ever try again.  but at least she isnt getting back on the abilify and welbutrin ..only the cymbalta/.

im still holding my own with cutting back zoloft from 150 to 125.  except i have a cramp in my right leg groin area...it's like a cramp.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

can anyone tell me where to write daily updates?

Right here is the place for your updates.

Sorry about your sister.  

I'm glad you're holding your own.  Muscle cramps are common in withdrawal.

Foot and leg cramps - Surviving Antidepressants

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

you think 25 mgs could make you have leg cramps?  that's amazing....

hope i can do this!

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

NEED TO VENT:

so i just feel like giving up and quitting cold turkey on all my drugs.  i have gained so much weight on zoloft and ablify.  sure i am not trying to take it off ..i cant even leave my house to workout at my gym.....soooooooooooooooo frustrating.

3/5/2019 I weighed 162.8 pounds and now i weigh 186.4,,,,ALMOST 24 plus  pounds!

i also read in my journal from 3/5/19 and my depression and anxiety was the same......as it is  now....i am no better off being on the drugs....but i am soooooooooo scared to stop them ....afraid my depression and anxiety will come back really bad!!!

anyway if anyone has any uplifting messages....send them my weigh...

oh i am on 125 zoloft tapered from 150...

i am thinking in halfiing my abilify from 5 to 2.5mg to see if i can lose some weight.

think i am having a little panic attack right now.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

Please don't cut any more of your medication.

The drop from 150 to 125 Zoloft was already more than the 10% recommended amount for the first drop.

If Your feeling impulsive or having rash thoughts just do your best to relax.

If in 4 to 6 weeks Your not having any major issues we can work on cutting Your Zoloft another 10% down to 113 mgs or so.

Your already having anxiety, rushing the med cuts will only make that worse.

Keeping Your Nervous system stabilized is more important than loosing a few pounds.

Everything will work out, as long as Your patient. 💝

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

If in 4 to 6 weeks Your not having any major issues we can work on cutting Your Zoloft another 10% down to 113 mgs or so.

how do i cut my zoloft to 113mg? my pills come in 100mg.  that's why i just cut in half...it waas easier that way.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

They also come in 25 mg pills.

A half of a 25 mg pill added to 100 would bring You down to right about the recommended 10% drop of 112.5 from 125.

Some people get get away with larger drops at the beginning, as You dropped 20% from 150 to 125, but that will not continually be.

Eventually larger drops will most likely make Your symptoms worse.

People add of 1/2s and 1/4 s of different strength pills to come as close as a 10% drop as possible.

The bigger the drop, the longer the hold.

If You were to attempt to drop another entire 25 mg again, that would be the cumulative effect of dropping 33% of your dose in only 6 weeks.

That will most likely give a reaction.

Eventually, those here familiar with the scale method will be able to help you measure out Your med.

Unless You want to make a liquid.

Or You can have it compounded below 100 mgs at a compound pharma.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, RHONDAF said:

i am thinking in halfiing my abilify from 5 to 2.5mg to see if i can lose some weight.

Rhondaf, that is a very bad idea and could cause you to have very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

35 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

how do i cut my zoloft to 113mg? my pills come in 100mg.  that's why i just cut in half...it waas easier that way.

You're not ready to taper yet.  Let's see how you feel in two weeks.  If you're feeling stable, I can help you to get a 10% reduction to around 112mg.   Do you have 25mg Zoloft?  If not, could you get a prescription for 25mg Zoloft tablets? 

Please check in here in two weeks.  Do not make any changes until you've checked in so we can work out what to do next.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Do you have 25mg Zoloft?  If not, could you get a prescription for 25mg Zoloft tablets? 

im not telling my pdoc.

im sorry..just freakin out

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, RHONDAF said:

m sorry..just freakin out

That's okay.  I can help you with the math calculations so you don't have to worry about that. Just let me know how you're doing around March 13 and we can go from there.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Altostrata changed the title to RhondaF: my introduction (hope i am doing this right)
  • Administrator

Welcome, RhondaF.

Please note I changed your log-in name, we don't permit all-caps names.

What is your daily drug schedule? How long have you been taking Abilify and clonazepam? They have side effects that are a lot like "depression."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

What is your daily drug schedule? How long have you been taking Abilify and clonazepam? They have side effects that are a lot like "depression."

Right now i am on:

zoloft 125         i have been on this ad for the last 3 years. i have been on many ad since 1990

abilify   5mg           2*3 years

ativan  5mg           2-3 years

clonopezam .5      2-3 years

my memory sucks...cant really remember when i started the last 3 but i think its close.

i have gained 26 pounds since i switched to zoloft and added abilify

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

i am not doing good today...i just want to quit everything!  i am not but my weight is out of control....my doctor said i could gain a lot of weight on abilify and she was right...

just venting.

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -

How are you not "going good" today?

Meaning, Are You feeling different since You cut the Zoloft or just not good in the way You normally feel?

You did mention You were having the brain zaps.

That could be from dropping the Zoloft too fast, 150 to 125 was a 16.67 percent drop.

Yes, the weight gain comes from Abilify, but it seems that You were made aware of that risk ahead of time and chose to take it.

I gained 30 pounds in only 18 months on a drug and I was never warned...

But in the realm of all the negative things that happened in my withdrawal it turned out to be the least of my worries.

I am not down playing the negative effect of it, but compared to many things that people experience on this journey if they taper too fast...

It really isn't something to be all that upset about.

The sad thing is, it's not until we hit rock bottom that we realize how little we truly had to complain about in life up until then.

But I don't know You well enough to say if the anger Your manifesting is new and a "mood swing" induced from the med drop...

Or if You have trouble feeling like this all the time...

I could be all wrapped up with the fears You talked about, Your Husband dying, getting older, etc...

I'm glad You have the rescue to Volunteer at and that Your still well enough to do so! 🙂

The way i feel is no different since i started cutting back on the Zoloft.

i looked back at my diary and i felt the same way last year at this time.

i still take my ativan. not everyday but the past 4 days i have used it because we had guest.

i just feel like i have so many drugs to get out of my system....i know it was recommended to me to do the zoloft first, then abilify, then the ativan and clonezpam. but i get impatient.  

as of 3/4/20:

zoloft 125 

abilify-2.5mg

clonazepam .5mg -