SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dave1: Kindled CNS, need help pls

Dave1

Last August I couldn’t sleep without Xanax. I would wait sometimes until 6/7am to try and avoid the benzo. I quickly realized a problem was occurring becoming reliant on Xanax and instead of working through it, I cold turkey’ed both the maoi I’ve been on for years (Nardil) and the Xanax....biggest mistake of my life. 

I suffered for months with a laundry list of crazy side effects, but I was determined to “muscle through it.” Things have only gotten worse. I noticed in the fall I was sensitive to alcohol and 1 drink would throw me off for days. A few weeks ago desperate to feel better, I took Sam-E, a lot of CBD oil, and tablet of Nardil, and quickly flipped into a hypertensive crisis (likely from serotonin syndrome) in the ER with my heartrate at 140. Not good. Things escalated from there; I tried to reinstate on the Xanax occasional use, which only made things worse. Hours after each dose, I seemed to go right back into acute withdrawal; each exposure to the Xanax was more painful and crazy,  including hallucinating, delirium tantrums, severe akisthesia, hypertension and unrelenting panic and anxiety. For days. Multiple ER visits and doctor appointments resulted in more benzos, making everything worse.

Realizing my CNS has been kindled (subsequent withdrawals being worse and increasingly dangerous), I have since stopped the Xanax and all supplements.  

The acute episodes have subsided and now I’m just very shaken and confused. I’m not really working or functioning at the moment, mostly bedridden. I haven’t slept in weeks (most nights just 1-2 hours max). I feel like my life is in free fall. I seem sensitive to everything; one supplement now throws me completely off. Sugar and gluten are also major triggers. 

My game plan for the moment is to give my body a little time to chill. No pills, just food and water. My hope is to try to reinstate on the Nardil at a tiny dose, but I’m petrified it won’t work given how sensitive my system now is. I’ve also thought about gabapentin, given I tolerated it well before. A doctor I saw recommended lamictal. Reinstating on any benzo is clearly off the table given the paradoxical reactions I’ve had. 

Should I try a low dose of the Nardil or is my system kindled and now will not tolerate any of it? Should I just try something new like lamictal or gabapentin to calm things down?  

I need some freakin’ relief / normalcy. This is insanity. I don’t care about being off meds, I just want my life back and happy to slowly taper from there. I feel desperate.

I also am trying to manage all of these big different changes going on in my personal life, it is extremely difficult to do this during withdrawal.

I appreciate any ideas and input. Thx you! 

2012-2019 Nardil/phenelzine (maoi) - 45MG

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

(I went cold turkey off both in August 2019)

I haven’t slept at all last night. I feel like I’m losing my mind. I tried geodon Thursday night which did help me sleep for a few hours, then rebounded me and made me agitated and have been that way since. I haven’t slept 6 hours straight in a month. I know I just need to give my body and brain some stability, but I can’t stop freaking out about different things in my life that I’ve lost recently because of these meds and my crumbing sanity...my relationship, work is crumbling now, the ability to sleep, friendships, all of it. I’m 32 years old and typically the most vibrant guy in the room, but now falling apart. :(

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Dave1.  I'm sorry you're going through this.

Yes, you've kindled on the benzos and it's good that they're off the table for you.

KINDLING - What is the kindling phenomenon that occurs with benzodiazepines?

Regarding trying different drugs, we're a site for going off drugs and as such don't make drug recommendations.  That would be between you and your doctor.

What date in 2019 was your last dose of Nardil?  Once I know this we can discuss possible reinstatement. 

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycerinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

Here are some sleep tips.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep hypnosis

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/16/tips-tricks-fall-asleep-faster.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20170216Z1&et_cid=DM133787&et_rid=1889748952

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   

Melatonin for sleep   

It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

This is your Introduction topic where you can answer my question, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

l

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hi. Grateful for the response (and all of your responses on other threads I’ve been reading.) 

My last dose of Nardil was 8/25/2019 at 45MG. I was thinking 7.5MG (half a tablet), but that may be too much. I am worried about another adverse reaction given CNS hypersensitivity. I am worried I can no longer reinstate and just have to tough this out for many months ahead. Hopefully not. 

Thx again. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

My last dose of Nardil was 8/25/2019 at 45MG. I was thinking 7.5MG (half a tablet), but that may be too much. I am worried about another adverse reaction given CNS hypersensitivity. I am worried I can no longer reinstate and just have to tough this out for many months ahea

Reinstatement works most predictably within 3 months of last dose.  However, some people have been successful reinstating farther out than that.  Here's some information on reinstatement.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

It's a tough call, not so much because you're 5 1/2 months out (though that's a factor) but because your system is so sensitized.  I'd be concerned, as you are, about an adverse reaction and making thins worse.  If you do decide to reinstate, I'd reinstate as low as possible to reduce the likelihood of adverse reaction (or, if there is one, to reduce the severity).  7.5mg would be too high.  I don't know how low you can split the tablet accurately and consistently--into quarters (3.75mg), even eighths?  The lower the better.  Your ability to get a really low dose should be a factor in your decision.

I know toughing it out isn't a pleasant thought but it might be the best thing to do.  You'll eventually stabilize and heal.  The thing is, we just can't predict how long it will take.

Please let us know what you decide.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

I need to think about it. I’m currently agitated/ activated from the geodon dose Thursday night and haven’t slept in days. I’d be scared to reinstate today, let me try to stabilize first, then try the lowest Nardil dose possible. I really, really want this to work so maybe letting my system calm down first for a week or two (from all the adverse reactions) would be the way to go. 🤔  Thanks again. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

My latest hypothesis after researching is that the reaction that occurred a few weeks back was actually serotonin syndrome, particularly given my symptoms of high BP, agitation, diarrhea, and insomnia. Additional attempts to reintroduce other serotonin boosters, even geodon the other night for sleep, have thrown me right back into SS on each subsequent exposure.

This makes me even more nervous to try reinstating. 😬

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

This makes me even more nervous to try reinstating. 😬

Yes, that's an argument against reinstating.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Another idea is switching to a drug with less or no impact on serotonin. I found this related article here: 

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/expert.q.a/06/22/serotonin.syndrome.raison/index.html

So I could try to stabilize on Wellbutrin and then slowly taper off that, as an idea. I realize this forum isn’t for new medications, and I will discuss with my DR, but just trying to brainstorm how to safely navigate out of this situation. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

I would suggest against reinstatement or any drug changes for now. Making changes a lot in short period makes it much worse. I tried reinstating but it made me really really bad. Waiting for further Info from moderators is the best call. Welcome

(14 years old)2014-2015 {Prozac,ritalin and concerta} 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

2018-sept of 2018 {CT'ed concerta and ritalin.Started Zoloft 50 mg 

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

Supplements: Nothing

The antihistamine did help a little bit to stop the agitation and restlessness.

I’m just trying to calm down. I then woke up super anxious, agitated, and upset. I don’t think additional pills will hell me right now and I just need to stabilize on healthy food and water. 

It’s hard not to be in panic/ meltdown mode and stay calm; I am trying. 

I can’t even watch tv to relax, I’m just on my phone all day in bed miserable. Wired but tired. 😕 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

And I take it you're not taking any alcohol anymore? Alcohol and benzos don't go along that well and you want your GABA receptors to restore as much as possible. 

I hope you will find stability soon. 

Antidepressant history

2001 - 2018: Paxil / seroxat (20 mgs), several failed c/t and taper attempts.

2018-September: last failed c/t attempt.

2018-October: reinstated Paxil (30 mgs)

2018-October thru 2019-January: Short-term Oxazepam & Diazepam use. Tapered off very slowly. Jumped 10Jan2019.

Brassmonkey Slide Method stats

Currently on hold on 0,1 mgpw after an updose due to becoming increasingly unstable.

Supplements: C, D, Magnesium

Miscellaneous: low on alcohol (1/2 times/year). No substance abuse. Lower carb diet with cheat days. Wim Hof Method. Buteyko. Calisthenics. Hiking.

No alcohol or supplements, no pills. Trying for just healthy food and water. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

5 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

No alcohol or supplements, no pills. Trying for just healthy food and water. 

That's good news! But I'm really sorry to hear your body is so sensitive to everything now. 

Antidepressant history

2001 - 2018: Paxil / seroxat (20 mgs), several failed c/t and taper attempts.

2018-September: last failed c/t attempt.

2018-October: reinstated Paxil (30 mgs)

2018-October thru 2019-January: Short-term Oxazepam & Diazepam use. Tapered off very slowly. Jumped 10Jan2019.

Brassmonkey Slide Method stats

Currently on hold on 0,1 mgpw after an updose due to becoming increasingly unstable.

Supplements: C, D, Magnesium

Miscellaneous: low on alcohol (1/2 times/year). No substance abuse. Lower carb diet with cheat days. Wim Hof Method. Buteyko. Calisthenics. Hiking.

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Dave1 said:

Considering cyproheptadine to help correct the excess seratonin.

If you don't want to reinstate the Nardil, my suggestion would be to make no further changes or additions and let your system settle and stabilize from your two cold turkeys without having to contend with more changes.   I sympathize with the desire to seek relief and to do something, but holding and waiting is doing something and sometimes is the best thing to do.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

I’m going to try and stabilize now then try a tiny dose of Nardil. I’d like to eat least try. 🤞

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

21 hours ago, smketdie said:

I would suggest against reinstatement or any drug changes for now. Making changes a lot in short period makes it much worse. I tried reinstating but it made me really really bad. Waiting for further Info from moderators is the best call. Welcome

What happened when you reinstated and how long did it take to recover from that? Thx so much. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
46 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

What happened when you reinstated and how long did it take to recover from that? Thx so much. 

Everyone's different but when I reinstated Imipramine, it took around 4 to 5 months for me to stabilize.  Some take a shorter time, some take longer.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

I’m so tired of this brutal hell. I would give anything to go back in time 4/5 months and just have reinstated and tapered slowly, and now I’m petrified that window has passed and it will be years before I get my life back. 😞

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

On 2/16/2020 at 8:58 AM, Dave1 said:

I’m just on my phone all day in bed miserable. Wired but tired. 😕 

That sucks. I can kind of relate. My brain feels like it's full of bees. Luckily I can sleep. Maybe you could lie down and listen to low volume NPR or an informational video with your eyes closed. Sometimes I do that and I get into a semi sleep state. It engages my brain enough to lull me out of consciousness. 

Have you tried benadryl? For sleep or to calm things down?

I totally understand wanting to do something or take a pill to get relief. I am debating going on low dose lamictal. I was on Trileptal for a while but I think it made me sick (not sure). Both of those are supposed to be anti kindling.

Do you have a good psychiatrist or Dr who believes what is happening to you? What are your current symptoms?

1991 -> 2001 various SSRIs for depression (10 years)   

2001 -> 2017 celexa, lexapro for depression plus Abilify (6 years)

2017 - celexa causes increasing flu-like symptoms (body aches, fatigue, malaise, syncope)

2017 - bad Dr switches me to Pristiq, Luvox, Zoloft.  They all cause flu-like symptoms eventually.  Switch to desipramine (tricyclic)

2018 - switch to imipramine 75mg which eventually causes worsening flu-like symptoms. taper off Abilify

2018 - November - feel like I am really developing serotonin toxicity.  Decide I have to get off everything ASAP.  taper off imipramine, going from 75 mg to 2.5 mg over 2  months

2019 - Jan - bridge to Prozac. taper from 10 mg to 1 mg over 3 months.  Last dose end of March (alternating days)

2019 - March experience brain zaps but not too bad. They eventually go away in April/May

2019 - March - August - I developed leg/nerve pain which became increasingly debilitating over time. Saw a ton of doctors. No physical explanation. Drs rule out MS, fibro, neurological issues.  MRIs, xrays, chiro. 2019, September - Leg pain has worsened to where I can barely walk across the room.  Reinstate imipramine at 2 mg

2019 - October - Reduce imipramine gradually to 0.04 mg.  feel a bit better.  2019 - November  Start Trileptal 37 mg.  Start seeing improvement in mobility, pain decrease

2019 - December - feeling about 50% better.  Still experiencing w/d symptoms and/or side effects. Waking at 5 am each morning feeling shivery, nausea. Legs feel like they are plugged in to a socket.  Zaps, aches, tingles, stinging.  Still can't walk or drive.  Ears ringing, brain tingling, brain full of bees.

2020 - mid-January - setback, withdrawal/side effects getting worse.  Discontinue Trileptal.  2020 March reinstate Trileptal 20 mg, reduce to 10mg

14 minutes ago, LaurafromCT said:

I am debating going on low dose lamictal. I was on Trileptal for a while but I think it made me sick (not sure). Both of those are supposed to be anti kindling.

Do you have a good psychiatrist or Dr who believes what is happening to you? What are your current symptoms?

What do you mean anti kindling? I am so afraid to try anything that affects serotonin etc. as my system seems on overdrive and sensitive to so much. I def. need and want some relief though, my thought is to try my ex antidepressant. My pdoc did write a lamictal rx so maybe I should try that. 

It’s hard for me to relax as I keep hyper focusing on the things wrong in my life and how I feel. I need to practice some acceptance. 

When I follow no gluten, no dairy, ancestral diet, that does help, too. 

Appreciate your thoughts and response.

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

My pdoc did write a lamictal rx so maybe I should try that. 

It is your decision, but my recommendation is to add no further changes to the mix and let your system stabilize and heal.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am no expert but I CT'd from fluoxetine and tried to tough it out for 2 years before reinstating at the full dose, albeit with a different generic brand.

I felt better almost instantly. At the time I had no idea about this community or protracted withdrawal or kindling.

But yeah I felt better pretty quickly. It wasnt like everything went away but I went from operating at 20% to about 60% or 70% on some days.

Knowing what I know now I would've reinstated at a low dose and worked my way up from there.

May 2017: Started 20mg fluoxetine for suicidal depression due to relationship issues

August 2017: CT'd the fluoxetine because I was feeling better

August 2017 to June 2019: Brutal withdrawal and discontinuation syndrome

June 2019: Started 50mg trazodone to help with insomnia

August 2019: Reinstated 20mg fluoxetine, using a different generic brand

January 2020: Doing better experiencing a reduction in withdrawal symptoms but a worsening of some other side effects. Looking to start a slow taper of fluoxetine.

Yeah it’s brutal. Right now my system is agitated and upset from the benzo, alcohol, and other exposures in January. My plan right now is to try and stabilize and then I may try a tiny dose of Nardil, my ex antidepressant. 😐

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

32 minutes ago, beardsagain said:

I am no expert but I CT'd from fluoxetine and tried to tough it out for 2 years before reinstating at the full dose, albeit with a different generic brand.

Did you also have hypersensitivity during the 2 years or not so much?

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

1 hour ago, Dave1 said:

What do you mean anti kindling?

I can't remember whether I read it here or if my Dr said that. My Dr said that Trileptal is like putting flame retardant on a fire. If you do try lamictal start at 1 or 2 mg no more.

Have you tried meditation? I use an app called Insight Timer which is free and has lots of positive guided meditations to help with acceptance. 

You didn't answer my questions about symptoms throughout the day and whether you have a good Dr.

I am sorry you feel bad, it sucks.

2017 - celexa causes increasing flu-like symptoms (body aches, fatigue, malaise, syncope)

2017 - bad Dr switches me to Pristiq, Luvox, Zoloft.  They all cause flu-like symptoms eventually.  Switch to desipramine (tricyclic)

2018 - switch to imipramine 75mg which eventually causes worsening flu-like symptoms. taper off Abilify

2018 - November - feel like I am really developing serotonin toxicity.  Decide I have to get off everything ASAP.  taper off imipramine, going from 75 mg to 2.5 mg over 2  months

2019 - Jan - bridge to Prozac. taper from 10 mg to 1 mg over 3 months.  Last dose end of March (alternating days)

2019 - March experience brain zaps but not too bad. They eventually go away in April/May

2019 - March - August - I developed leg/nerve pain which became increasingly debilitating over time. Saw a ton of doctors. No physical explanation. Drs rule out MS, fibro, neurological issues.  MRIs, xrays, chiro. 2019, September - Leg pain has worsened to where I can barely walk across the room.  Reinstate imipramine at 2 mg

2019 - October - Reduce imipramine gradually to 0.04 mg.  feel a bit better.  2019 - November  Start Trileptal 37 mg.  Start seeing improvement in mobility, pain decrease

2019 - December - feeling about 50% better.  Still experiencing w/d symptoms and/or side effects. Waking at 5 am each morning feeling shivery, nausea. Legs feel like they are plugged in to a socket.  Zaps, aches, tingles, stinging.  Still can't walk or drive.  Ears ringing, brain tingling, brain full of bees.

2020 - mid-January - setback, withdrawal/side effects getting worse.  Discontinue Trileptal.  2020 March reinstate Trileptal 20 mg, reduce to 10mg

22 hours ago, LaurafromCT said:

You didn't answer my questions about symptoms throughout the day and whether you have a good Dr.

Right now I only sleep a few hours of highly interrupted sleep a night. I hope this changes very soon. I usually wake up severely depressed and down and that mostly stays like that throughout the day. I try to get out of bed and do things but it’s difficult right now.

I’ve shopped around different psychiatrists, and some are better than others. I’m scared to try anything else right now besides magnesium. Once things stabilize a bit I may try a tiny dose of my ex antidepressant.  Thanks for your help and thoughts. 

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
22 hours ago, LaurafromCT said:

If you do try lamictal start at 1 or 2 mg no more.

Laura, thanks for trying to help but we are a site for going off drugs and do not make recommendations to take additional drugs.  If a member wants to add on new drugs, that is matter between the member and his/her doctor.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

Laura, thanks for trying to help but we are a site for going off drugs and do not make recommendations to take additional drugs.  If a member wants to add on new drugs, that is matter between the member and his/her doctor.

Ok... I was just summarizing what Altostrata had put in her posts about her experience/recommendation using this drug.  I can just refer to her posts going forward.  Or should I not do that?  I absolutely want to adhere to the forum rules but some of us are trapped in a situation where we simply can't get better without reinstating and I thought that was part of the healing process for some people... right?

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, LaurafromCT said:

some of us are trapped in a situation where we simply can't get better without reinstating and I thought that was part of the healing process for some people... right?

No problem, thanks for your concern.  Lamictal is tricky and isn't applicable to every situation.  I pretty much let Alto handle it.  Definitely reinstatement of a small dose of the original drug is part of the process and something the mods recommend all the time.  

I'm a fellow Imipramine victim, down to 25 from 75mg.

Sorry you've been feeling so bad lately

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

@Gridley / I feel I need to try something soon. I’m so scared what I’ve done to my CNS going cold turkey. I’ve thoroughly read @Altostrata lamictal thoughts on using the drug to stabilize during PWAWs. 

At this point, I think I have 3 viable options. 

1. Focus on healing and gear up for a long torturous battle.

2. Try reinstating 1 or 2MG on Nardil to see if I can calm the waters. I do think this could work. I only have 15MG tablets so I’d have to figure out how to make a liquid or get a jewelers scale. 🤔

3. Try 5MG of Lamictal to see if I can decrease agitation/ “alertness” symptoms.

Im so keyed up it’s hard to just imagine sitting like this for weeks, months, and years. It’s a constant sense of unease, dysphoria, unable to function, and fight or flight feeling. The hypersensitivity feels escalating and not improving. 

Thx for all that you do. 🙏

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

• Moderator Emeritus
17 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

At this point, I think I have 3 viable options. 

1. Focus on healing and gear up for a long torturous battle.

2. Try reinstating 1 or 2MG on Nardil to see if I can calm the waters. I do think this could work. I only have 15MG tablets so I’d have to figure out how to make a liquid or get a jewelers scale. 🤔

3. Try 5MG of Lamictal to see if I can decrease agitation/ “alertness” symptoms.

Dave1,

Please read the following link re Lamictal and the other link Alto mentions in the link.

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-acute withdrawal symptom

As Alto says, this requires a doctor who knows what he's doing with Lamictal and then managing to hit the sweet spot of the perfect dose.  She also says, do this at your own risk.

Here's what I said earlier about reinstating the Nardil:

"It's a tough call, not so much because you're 5 1/2 months out (though that's a factor) but because your system is so sensitized.  I'd be concerned, as you are, about an adverse reaction and making things worse.  If you do decide to reinstate, I'd reinstate as low as possible to reduce the likelihood of adverse reaction (or, if there is one, to reduce the severity)."

If you do reinstate, I'd definitely get a scale (the AWS Gemini-20, available on Amazon) and reinstate 1mg Nardil.  You'd weigh 10 pills to get an average weight and use that as your baseline of what a 15mg pill weighs.  Then calculate what 1/15 of that weight is. Crush the pill into powder and weigh out 1/15 weight.   That will give you 1mg active ingredient Nardil.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Okay I ordered the scale and will get it tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I thought about checking myself into a psych ward (I can’t believe I’m even typing this), but believe that would make me even worse, not better. Thanks for your help. 🙏

2019 Xanax - 1.5MG

2 hours ago, Dave1 said:

tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I thought about checking myself into a psych ward (I can’t believe I’m even typing this), but believe that would make me even worse, not better. Thanks for your help. 🙏

@Dave1,

Hang in there, Dave.  I had some of what you’ve described when I did a too-rapid taper from zoloft at the end of last summer.  I know the feelings you are having.  

The thing is, through all of what’s going on, you’re amazingly coherent and clear-headed even though it might not feel that way.  
Hang in there, Dave.  
Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

2020 January:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

2020 December 1st:  off klonopin completely

currently on 15mgai zoloft 

Hi Dave,

Saying hello and you aren't alone - and not the only one (nor to minimize your misery) - with this grief - and that you'll get through it.  I did a CT of cymbalta/duloxetine mid-2018. Reinstated full dose in Sept 2018. Did what was another CT of same drug in Dec (this was by accident - was supposed to be a slow taper). I have'd a bad time since mid-2018 but I have managed to hang in there. I am in prolonged WD and I'm going to make it. You will too.

Without the folks on SA - and knowing that I am not the only one going through this = and the great mods - I would be up a creek without a paddle. 😉

I can only speak from my experience - but am here if you need me.

G.