SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How much more?

tsagg

I'm currently off effexor 6 months after taking it for 8 months.I quit cold turkey. Some symptoms have gone but I stll have sensitivity anhedonia fatigue and several more.I am 21 years old and I have to work because I live alone.Does anyone know how much more do I have to wait? I can't stand it. Is there a chance that this will be permanent? I want my old self back

Hey man, sorry you are going through this. I'm currently tapering off sertraline after dropping my dosage too quickly and it has been a tough ride. The best thing to do is to remind yourself that withdrawal symptoms won't physically hurt you, and that they do eventually pass. It just takes patience and discipline.

- Zoloft 100 mg for around 3 years (October 2013 - November 2016) / Diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder in 2013

- Tapered to 50 MG in 2017 after feeling like it no longer had much of an effect

- Started breaking pills in half around December 2017 or January 2018 for 25 mg doses

- Anxiety started returning very slightly in spring 2018

- July 2018 started reading up on AD withdrawals, which eventually led to a massive panic attack and upped my dose to 50 MG again

- Have been on 50 MG zoloft since July 22. Terrible anxiety and DP/DR. Can still sleep but experience bad anxiety in mornings.

- 0.25 MG of Xanax 1-2 times per day over the last two weeks (starting July 22nd). Stopping CT.

- Stabilizing on 50 MG of Zoloft

- Currently off of Xanax and stabilizing on 50MG of Zoloft

Thanks for this. We're all going through a rough period but sometimes it's intolerable. I'm just afraid because I read cold turkey withdrawal lasts for years

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy