Ella56: Drug withdrawal

Ella56

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

So I am reinstating to get rid of some withdrawal symptoms to get a bit ostabilizing relief.?  And how long on 1mg? Once i stabilize the nervous system a bit then i will taper off this? 

Yes, you are reinstating to get rid of some withdrawal symptoms and get some stabilizing relief.  You will stay on 1 mg for several months until you stabilize.  Once you stabilize, you will taper slowly off the 1 mg. at a rate of 10% of current dose every four weeks.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Just now, Gridley said:

Yes, you are reinstating to get rid of some withdrawal symptoms and get some stabilizing relief.  You will stay on 1 mg for several months until you stabilize.  Once you stabilize, you will taper slowly off the 1 mg. at a rate of 10% of current dose every four weeks.

Is this going to make the healing process longer? Is this harder on my nervous system? 

Age 21 started on antidepressants, Paxil, Zoloft cant remember dozes.

Most I remember is being on Celexa 10 - 40 mg since 1996 to 2019 up and down.

Changed to Pristiq March 2019 to May 2019 lowest doze but quit scared ot it.

Went back to Celexa 20mg may 2019 to sept 2019.Tried Cipralex, 3 days,

Went off celexa 20 mg Sept 16/19 taper 1 month.

Took Ativan .5 to 1 mg on and off for years and some Clonazepam for anxiety.

Ativan in dec 2019 about 10 and in jan 2019. .05mg.

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

Feb 25, 2020 reinstated 1mg celexa.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Ella56 said:
3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Is this going to make the healing process longer? Is this harder on my nervous system? 

It is easier on the nervous system because there will be less stress on it.  We don't know how long the healing process is going to take, so I can't answer your first question.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

It is easier on the nervous system because there will be less stress on it.  We don't know how long the healing process is going to take, so I can't answer your first question.  

Ok thank you. I am just scared. I have extreme anxiety and not sleeping now. Can i take melatonin..or some suggested cbd oil..which i dont think would be good? Both affect the brain. Should i keep askung all questions here. I am going to keep journal from now on of all symptoms  

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Ella56 said:

Can i take melatonin..or some suggested cbd oil..which i dont think would be good? Both affect the brain. Should i keep askung all questions here. I am going to keep journal from now on of all symptoms  

You could try a very low dose of melatonin, like 0.25mg.  Get a 1mg tablet and cut it into quarters.  Too much melatonin can have a paradoxical effect (keep you awake).  There is not enough data on cbd oil in withdrawal for us to make a recommendation on it.  

Yes, this is where you post your questions.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

2 minutes ago, Gridley said:

You could try a very low dose of melatonin, like 0.25mg.  Get a 1mg tablet and cut it into quarters.  Too much melatonin can have a paradoxical effect (keep you awake).  There is not enough data on cbd oil in withdrawal for us to make a recommendation on it.  

Yes, this is where you post your questions.

Can i take anything for the feelings i am having... weak muscles? Tylenol. Anxiety? If i take Ativan it will slow the process down too i guess or make my nervous system worse? 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

If i take Ativan it will slow the process down too i guess or make my nervous system worse? 

I would stay away from Ativan.  It is very addictive.   It is better to try to cope with your feelings and wait for the reinstatement to work.  Here are some non-drug techniques to help cope with withdrawal.  

Non-drug techniques to cope

The next link is very good for anxiety.

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

@Ella56

Here is a link on painkillers.

Painkillers in withdrawal: aspirin, ibuprofen, paracetamol ...

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

I would stay away from Ativan.  It is very addictive.   It is better to try to cope with your feelings and wait for the reinstatement to work.  Here are some non-drug techniques to help cope with withdrawal.  

Non-drug techniques to cope

The next link is very good for anxiety.

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

@Ella56

Here is a link on painkillers.

Painkillers in withdrawal: aspirin, ibuprofen, paracetamol ...

When i stopped celexa months ago. I was getting advice from a health company. They had me on aminos and isolate protein. The said i shouldnt have hot baths, get massage or exercise because the drugs will come out to fast and i willl have wd. Is there any truth to that? 

1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

When i stopped celexa months ago. I was getting advice from a health company. They had me on aminos and isolate protein. The said i shouldnt have hot baths, get massage or exercise because the drugs will come out to fast and i willl have wd. Is there any truth to that? Sorry feeling i cant make it ..need help . I thought i would be finished this deep.pain in stomach by now. I am really scared. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ella56,

1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

When i stopped celexa months ago. I was getting advice from a health company. They had me on aminos and isolate protein. The said i shouldnt have hot baths, get massage or exercise because the drugs will come out to fast and i willl have wd. Is there any truth to that? Sorry feeling i cant make it ..need help . I thought i would be finished this deep.pain in stomach by now. I am really scared. 

It's not about just getting the last traces of drug out of your body, this whole WDsyndrome thing.  Symptoms now are more related to your nervous system, starting to come on back, after all the changes that the drugs themselves did.  And it takes time.

Take a look, when you can, at some of the links around and topics about withdrawal syndrome, in general.  Back on the first page, some of the first links given.  When you can.

I think you could try a nice bath now.  It might help with your stomach distress as well. 

You had long history with meds, like many of us, and this all takes time.  The healing.  The resetting of receptors and transmitters.  Many of those are in the gut too.......so, related to the stomach distress.

((((Ella56))))  Oh, and looks like you tried one dose so far, of approximately 1 mg Celexa.  Try and keep that up now, for a good week.......unless, you feel like it is making you worse.  It may help with WDsymptoms, but it usually can take up to a week, and sometimes longer to see.  As long as things aren't worse, just stay steady with the 1 mg, and..... take it at the same time each day.

Notes can help both you and us see how this is working. 

Keep daily notes.

( and I've extracted from the ^ link)

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

And then share a 24 hour segment here, while you are starting the reinstatement please.

This can be very helpful.

Try and keep your reading here to the hopeful, success stories, good coping skills, etc.  You can do this!

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

23 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Ella56,

It's not about just getting the last traces of drug out of your body, this whole WDsyndrome thing.  Symptoms now are more related to your nervous system, starting to come on back, after all the changes that the drugs themselves did.  And it takes time.

Take a look, when you can, at some of the links around and topics about withdrawal syndrome, in general.  Back on the first page, some of the first links given.  When you can.

I think you could try a nice bath now.  It might help with your stomach distress as well. 

You had long history with meds, like many of us, and this all takes time.  The healing.  The resetting of receptors and transmitters.  Many of those are in the gut too.......so, related to the stomach distress.

((((Ella56))))  Oh, and looks like you tried one dose so far, of approximately 1 mg Celexa.  Try and keep that up now, for a good week.......unless, you feel like it is making you worse.  It may help with WDsymptoms, but it usually can take up to a week, and sometimes longer to see.  As long as things aren't worse, just stay steady with the 1 mg, and..... take it at the same time each day.

Notes can help both you and us see how this is working. 

Keep daily notes.

( and I've extracted from the ^ link)

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

And then share a 24 hour segment here, while you are starting the reinstatement please.

This can be very helpful.

Try and keep your reading here to the hopeful, success stories, good coping skills, etc.  You can do this!

Best, L, P, H, and G,

Aa

Thank u. What about a workout and massage? When i say my stomach it is anxiety and feeling of fear hopelessness and weakness. I have been reading the best i can. I used to be athletic and smart..feel a shell right now.  Should i of gone on some other drug or is celexa ok,?

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Ella56 said:

When i stopped celexa months ago. I was getting advice from a health company. They had me on aminos and isolate protein. The said i shouldnt have hot baths, get massage or exercise because the drugs will come out to fast and i willl have wd. Is there any truth to that? 

No truth whatsoever.  The drugs have been out of your system for  months. What is causing the withdrawal that your central nervous system and brain have become dependent on the drugs and that is what is causing withdrawal. This paragraph explains what's going on:

On 8/30/2011 at 2:28 PM,  Rhiannon said: 
When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

42 minutes ago, Gridley said:

No truth whatsoever.  The drugs have been out of your system for  months. What is causing the withdrawal that your central nervous system and brain have become dependent on the drugs and that is what is causing withdrawal. This paragraph explains what's going on:

On 8/30/2011 at 2:28 PM,  Rhiannon said: 
When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

Thank you for that! So me going back to 1mg is going to support my brain with the growth. Is there any reason this wouldnt help? And why wouldnt 1mg help better then 5m ? And i have to accept that i am sick right now because i feel sick or could i look at it different.😔want to say its so funny asking a pharmacist to do a 1mg compound for me. They are like huh..

Edited by Gridley

• Administrator

Reinstating 1mg is to reduce your withdrawal symptoms, it's a little crutch to help your system stabilize. We have many people here who have done this successfully.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Reinstating 1mg is to reduce your withdrawal symptoms, it's a little crutch to help your system stabilize. We have many people here who have done this successfully.

Even after being off meds fir 5.5 months? 

• Administrator

We've seen it work before. You might try even 0.5mg. Celexa comes in a liquid form so you can take small amounts.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus
36 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

Thank you for that! So me going back to 1mg is going to support my brain with the growth. Is there any reason this wouldnt help? And why wouldnt 1mg help better then 5m ? And i have to accept that i am sick right now because i feel sick or could i look at it different.😔want to say its so funny asking a pharmacist to do a 1mg compound for me. They are like huh..

Yes, the purpose is to alleviate withdrawal, which will help support your brain.  As I said earlier, there is no guarantee that reinstatement will work, but it's the best tool we have to deal with withdrawal.  

I have already answered twice why 1mg is better than 5mg.  Please check my previous posts.

Yes, you have to accept that you are in withdrawal, which is like being sick.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

Yes, the purpose is to alleviate withdrawal, which will help support your brain.  As I said earlier, there is no guarantee that reinstatement will work, but it's the best tool we have to deal with withdrawal.  

I have already answered twice why 1mg is better than 5mg.  Please check my previous posts.

Yes, you have to accept that you are in withdrawal, which is like being sick.  

Ok sorry. I see you did. Thank you for all the info. 

1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

Ok sorry. I see you did. Thank you for all the info. 

Dissolved 2ml of water with 20mg of celexa.

Day 2. 5:20 pm once dissolved i stirred it well and took 1 mg with syringe. Day 1 i took at 7pm. But i didnt sleep so i took it a little earlier today. I used to take celexa in the morn. 

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I am trying to find site to show me how to dissolve celexa in water. I think i did it right. 

• Moderator Emeritus

*How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques

5 hours ago, Ella56 said:

Dissolved 2ml of water with 20mg of celexa.

Day 2. 5:20 pm once dissolved i stirred it well and took 1 mg with syringe. Day 1 i took at 7pm. But i didnt sleep so i took it a little earlier today. I used to take celexa in the morn. 

How much liquid did you take that contained 1 mg ?

With 20 mg dissolved in 2 mL of water:

You would have 20 mg per 2 mL

And then 10 mg per 1 mL

And then to get a 1 mg dosage that would be 0.1 mL

mg stands for milligrams, your dosage strength

mL stands for millileters the volume of liquid

You might wish to further dilute your 20 mg tablet Ella56, for ease of measurement.

You could use 10 mL of water, or even 20 mL of water

If it were me, I would use 20 mL of water, then each 1 mL would be equivalent to 1 mg

And then you could take a whole 1 mL to get your target dose of 1 mg

You could also keep moving your dose up by one hour each day, until you get to a morning dosing time.  That might work best, for your sleep.

Store your solution in a covered container, in the fridge.  Protect the solution from light by keeping it in an amber colored container, or put your container in a brown paper bag.

Then you can get several doses out of your mixed solution. 

Discard your solution after  36 -72 hours.  And remix at that time.

I take it you had some oral syringes and suitable container for mixing already Ella56? 

And if you did by some chance take more than 1 mg , if I were you, I would just start anew, so that you only take that amount, or dose, next.

Notes will still be helpful too.

Thanks.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

*How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques

How much liquid did you take that contained 1 mg ?

With 20 mg dissolved in 2 mL of water:

You would have 20 mg per 2 mL

And then 10 mg per 1 mL

And then to get a 1 mg dosage that would be 0.1 mL

mg stands for milligrams, your dosage strength

mL stands for millileters the volume of liquid

You might wish to further dilute your 20 mg tablet Ella56, for ease of measurement.

You could use 10 mL of water, or even 20 mL of water

If it were me, I would use 20 mL of water, then each 1 mL would be equivalent to 1 mg

And then you could take a whole 1 mL to get your target dose of 1 mg

You could also keep moving your dose up by one hour each day, until you get to a morning dosing time.  That might work best, for your sleep.

Store your solution in a covered container, in the fridge.  Protect the solution from light by keeping it in an amber colored container, or put your container in a brown paper bag.

Then you can get several doses out of your mixed solution. 

Discard your solution after  36 -72 hours.  And remix at that time.

I take it you had some oral syringes and suitable container for mixing already Ella56? 

And if you did by some chance take more than 1 mg , if I were you, I would just start anew, so that you only take that amount, or dose, next.

Notes will still be helpful too.

Thanks.

mmt

Sorry. I dissolved a 20mg pill in 20 ml water and took out 1 ml. Going to doctor tomorrow to get it done by pharmacist. 11pm at night have a really bad headache, just taking water trying to wait it out. Can i take tylenol? I took a low dose aspirin earlier tonight that is the only difference change and the 1mg of celexa. IThank you for your notes. 

Edited by Ella56
Added symptom

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay good.  They(pharmacist) may do a different dilution, so have them go over with you how to measure your 1 mg. dose.

And then keep us posted too.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Okay good.  They(pharmacist) may do a different dilution, so have them go over with you how to measure your 1 mg. dose.

And then keep us posted too.  Thanks.

Really bad headache 1 hour now. Can i take tylenol. I also took a low doze 81mg aspirin ealier tonight. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Gridley gave you a link, above.

I usually use ibuprofen myself, for headaches and such.  No problem with it, for me.

One dose of tylenol might help too, if that usually works for headaches for you.

And then try going back to bed.  I'm not usually even on at this late hour in my time zone.  I wanted to catch up.  I've got stuff elsewhere again, for a couple days coming up.

So, nite nite.  Get off the computer, and screens, and stuff.

I had just wanted to check things and have been on too long.

1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

Sorry. I dissolved a 20mg pill in 20 ml water and took out 1 ml. Going to doctor tomorrow to get it done by pharmacist. 11pm at night have a really bad headache, just taking water trying to wait it out. Can i take tylenol? I took a low dose aspirin earlier tonight that is the only difference change and the 1mg of celexa. IThank you for your notes. 

Tuesday

7pm 1mg celexa first doze reinstate

Dha 400mg 200 eoa, mag 100 vit 1520mg

2am awake still

3pm to 7am slept

Wednesday

830 breakfast

Dha 400mg epa 200 vit c 1520mg

Dizzy, muscle aches, stomach anxiety

12 lunch

2pm headache, tired

4pm stomach anxiety

530 dinner, 1mg celexa

Ringing in ears  

730 bath, low doze aspirin  

830pm to 11pm -

Woke up bad headache

1pm still awake.took 500mg tylenol.

20 hours ago, Ella56 said:

I am trying to find site to show me how to dissolve celexa in water. I think i did it right. 

Hello, i just wanted to say that I went to my doctor to get 1mg liquid celexa. He has never heard of that. I told him i had bad withdrawals and he had never heard of that either. I told him i didnt go off the meds slow enough and he said nothing. It could take a few days to make the compound, so i will do what i am doing. Making my own. The pharmacist say i came off too quickly but hasnt ever made up this small of dose. I am find with it but it is crazy how a doctor doesnt know these things and looked at me funny. Thank you just wanted to let you know the outcome. No major change yet but headaches. Today will be third day of taking it. 

At least the Pharmacist knows.  I find they have more experience dealing with the "Fall Out" of the withdrawals than the doctors, since we all end up there having things compounded.  I had my Wellbutrin compounded in powder form from the 12.5 mg mark down to when I stopped taking it.

Just so you are aware, it's not necessary to continually "re quote" everything that people are replying to You.  You can certainly re quote a small section if need be, but it makes it hard to follow along Your thread when entire posts are constantly being re quoted.  It makes for a hard time knowing what Your trying to point out, if anything, or if Your just answering.

You might want to put in Your signature line the actual date You re instated.  As long as Your not feeling any worse, that's a good sign! 💝

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

I have been replying by requote but i am going to try this. I took 1mg of celexa at 5pm today. My third amount in the reinstate..i hope i am getting 1mg because i did it by dissolving a pill and using a syringe. I had this bad feeling again today and its terrible, it is a feeling of panic complete terror..dark. i dont know how to describe it but its the one i feel helpless and cant look after myself with. It is felt in the stomach. (Can anyone tell me what this is? )I hope to get compound tomorrow. I am trying to read as fast or as much as i can to know what is best for me. Dr today made me feel i shouldnt be feeling this..he didnt understand. Just cant put it all together. Thank you.

18 hours ago, Ella56 said:

24 hour info on the reinstate.

Tuesday feb 25th

7pm 1mg celexa first doze reinstate

Dha 400mg 200 eoa, mag 100 vit 1520mg

2am awake still

3pm to 7am slept

Wednesday feb 26

830 breakfast

Dha 400mg epa 200 vit c 1520mg

Dizzy, muscle aches, stomach anxiety

12 lunch

2pm headache, tired

4pm stomach anxiety

530 dinner, 1mg celexa

Ringing in ears  

730 bath, low doze aspirin  

830pm to 11pm -

Woke up bad headache

Thursday.feb 27

1an still awake.took 500mg tylenol.

8am breakfast still had headache

400 dha, epa 200, mag 100

12 lunch

Feeling ok a bit stressed situational..headache better 

4pm feeling a terror feeling 

5pm 1 mg celexa

7pm worried the celexa isnt measured right hope to get compound tomorrow. Feeling of unease cant relax hope this goes away. Feeling i am sick. 

A general foreboding of ill, like fear, is a normal withdrawal symptom.

Hopefully You can get the Celexa from the Pharmacy soon, but as long as Your mixing the liquid up well before you use the syringe, You should be ok.

It's too early to be expecting any results, so don't feel bad about that.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

Did i put the info in the right place. It is worse then a foreboding ill. It is a complete terror..i wouldnt wish on anyone. 

Yes, it is correct.

• Administrator
On 2/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, manymoretodays said:

Tips for tapering off Celexa(citalopram)

The first post in ^, gives information on how to get a small dose of citalopram.

Please read this link for background.

I am sorry your doctor is not up to date. You might ask the pharmacist for information about how to order liquid citalopram so you may educate your doctor.

Are you feeling better or worse taking 1mg citalopram? What new symptoms do you have?

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

44 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please read this link for background.

I am sorry your doctor is not up to date. You might ask the pharmacist for information about how to order liquid citalopram so you may educate your doctor.

Are you feeling better or worse taking 1mg citalopram? What new symptoms do you have?

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

Hello, i had the pharmacist order the liguid today. I hope it is available tomorrow. I put a 24 hour notes in here today. I am not sure how i feel yet. Thank you for your reply. 

• Administrator

It's really important to note how you feel before and after you take the citalopram. It will take at least 4-7 days to reach full effect.