SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Ella56: Drug withdrawal

Ella56

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Ella,

I think you might be doing okay with the 1 mg.  Yet.......I don't have a problem if you want to try an increase of .5 mg or 1 mg.  For a total daily dose of 1.5 mg or 2 mg.

And okay, seems Alto and I almost double posted.  Let's stick with the .5 mg dose increase then, if you decide to do that.  Please read the rest of my post too though.  B) Thank you.

Again though.....keep in mind, that it may not help a whole lot with the situational stressors right now.  And that you will have to be able to measure out your dose consistently, and keep reporting with the drug and symptom notes.  I think the 1 mg reinstatement may have helped a bit.  I'm not sure if an increase will help offset WD symptoms too much more, but it might be worth a cautious try.  It's up to you Ella 56.  If you want to wait and see how the move goes, and the positive change in your environment.......that's fine too.

You ARE sleeping!  At least a fair amount and that is really good.  Keep working hard on non-drug coping for the neuro-emotions.  Keep trying/practicing for meditative moments, or periods of time to neutralize the uproar inside right now.  Try and find a few more supportive, comforting people to talk with, or gather with, even if briefly.  And maybe set in some safety features, to assure yourself that you won't act out now.

Have you tried any magnesium yet?  I found that to be calming, perhaps a bit more than the Omega 3's.  You could, of course, later add in Omega 3's, as those can sure be a nice balm for the nervous system too.

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I take 1200 mg dha/ and 800 epa, and 100mg magnesium, 250 mg milk thistle and probiotics. 

I really want to exercise but was afraid it might make the agitation i feel worse. Last night terrible night wouldnt wish it on anyone. 

Today i went for a long walk and used my arms to pump because the middle back is tight, muscles ache.  I dont think it made it worse. Testing it to see if it activates the cns more or makes agitation better or worse ...what the deal on exercise? 

i would love to be able to run a 10k by summer but i dont think that will be.  I came home did 40 of relaxation music. My body feels threatened and wants to fight. It is coming a lot from my stomach. .

Make sense?

So i need to learn to relax it even if it thinks it needs to fight.  Sad about last night it was tough and scared to go there. What could be the safe features you talk about,? Thanks

Age 21 started on antidepressants, Paxil, Zoloft cant remember dozes.

Most I remember is being on Celexa 10 - 40 mg since 1996 to 2019 up and down.

Changed to Pristiq March 2019 to May 2019 lowest doze but quit scared ot it.

Went back to Celexa 20mg may 2019 to sept 2019.Tried Cipralex, 3 days,

Went off celexa 20 mg Sept 16/19 taper 1 month.

Took Ativan .5 to 1 mg on and off for years and some Clonazepam for anxiety.

Ativan in dec 2019 about 10 and in jan 2019. .05mg.

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

Feb 25, 2020 reinstated 1mg celexa.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, having to move undoubtedly added to stress and caused a jump in symptoms.

Since you've felt some improvement with 1mg citalopram, how about slowly increasing by adding 0.5mg, see if that helps?

Ok.

What is the reason not to just go back on 10mg ? Would all the symptoms go away? Then taper when i get stable.

What is the reason for such a small amount?

I dont know if u saw but I may need to take ativan 0.5mg if i feel not safe inside with my feelings or will try tylenol and aspirin which i have before. 

Also, if i start updosing (is that what its called) i want to gradually move the time to 1030am because i usually home then so i dont have to take a cooler everywhere with the celexa. Should i move 1/2 hour at a time? 

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

Moving the Celexa dose 1/2 hour every 2 days seems like a safe plan.

Then you would be taking it at 10:30 am in just 10 days. 🙂

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

3 minutes ago, Colonial said:

Moving the Celexa dose 1/2 hour every 2 days seems like a safe plan.

Then you would be taking it at 10:30 am in just 10 days. 🙂

Ok I will do that. Thank you!

@Altostratareceptors may have adjusted somewhat(upregulated) during the time you were tapering or had withdrawal symptoms.

what does this mean in terms of reinstatement?.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

What is the reason not to just go back on 10mg ? Would all the symptoms go away? Then taper when i get stable.

What is the reason for such a small amount?

Hi Ella56,

Were you looking to be drug/medications free when you came here? 

Was 10 mg Celexa working well for you?

I mean I don't follow........your logic here.

We are a site for tapering and support around WD.  Were you not aware of that?

I just looked at your first post and am still not sure.  You've had a lengthy history of over 20 years I think of psychotropic drugs.  It can and does take time to recover and reset things, back to baseline.  You do understand that?  The idea of that there is really no quick fix.  Using antidepressants and some of these other drugs/medications is not quite the same as using street drugs, or recreational substances either.  I notice you refer to "getting clean". 

I don't know if all your symptoms would go away on 10 mg of Celexa, to be perfectly honest.  I would think that at the very least you would again, become physiologically dependent on it.  And then you might even have adverse effects too or it might make things worse.  And then, to be perfectly honest......you are just extending your time of more of the same, on and off drugs/medications.......and a lengthy taper to boot.  I have learned, in all my time here, and even previous to coming here, that, at best these drugs/medications were meant for very short term use, if at all.......for so many of us, stuck on them, and then kept on them.......despite contraindications to doing this.  Even if they weren't working.

18 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

I dont know if u saw but I may need to take ativan 0.5mg if i feel not safe inside with my feelings or will try tylenol and aspirin which i have before. 

I would strongly encourage you to try some non-drug coping.  Non drug means non drug.  If it's aches and pains, try something new.  This is your chance to start to become aware of your own capacity to heal from these drugs and that you do have it in you to learn and grow and manage life without pills for every ill.  It can be a fantastic journey.

I'd sure try a 0.5 mg updose(to hopefully further stabilize symptoms, WD symptoms) before resorting to ativan, if I were you.  I would.  Many of us have had to struggle with changes and difficult environments during WD.  Supporting others with comfort and kindness can help you too.

28 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

Also, if i start updosing (is that what its called) i want to gradually move the time to 1030am because i usually home then so i dont have to take a cooler everywhere with the celexa. Should i move 1/2 hour at a time? 

If I were you, and had decided to updose the 0.5 mg,  I wouldn't change the timing quite yet.  Give it a week with just the updose.  And then do the gradual timing change.  Just so you......and we......know what is what.  Do the notes.  Carry the cooler or some way to keep your dose from getting hot or too warm for another week is all.  Not a biggie.

1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

I take 1200 mg dha/ and 800 epa, and 100mg magnesium, 250 mg milk thistle and probiotics. 

Can you put those ^ in your notes too please.  Thankyou.  Sometimes splitting the magnesium dose throughout the day can be helpful too.  What type are you taking?  Of magnesium.  You may be okay taking a little more too.  You can check the link on magnesium.  I mean that sure seems simpler than taking Ativan or other over the counter remedies.

I really want to see you start to begin to take charge, empowering yourself......to read, to learn, to make decisions, even while you are listening.  To trust, that you can hold yourself back even, from taking any actions around your intense emotions, neuro emotions right now.  To learn to stop, and pause, and just breath sometimes.

And I'm sorry for the varying input.  I would like you to stay put with your time of Celexa, if you updose.  Don't change the timing of your dose, at the same time that you updose.

I know I get a bit squirrley brained once in a while........so don't feel like you have to worry and sort through everything, all at once.  Take it in small pieces.  Relax every now and then.  Don't let WD become your whole existence.

So what have you got on your radar as far as new places to live go.  Anything nice?  Anything you might get excited in a good way about?  And you are working too?

Okie doke.

Best from me,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, having to move undoubtedly added to stress and caused a jump in symptoms.

Since you've felt some improvement with 1mg citalopram, how about slowly increasing by adding 0.5mg, see if that helps?

@AltostrataAfter these last two days,  i am.wonderng about adverse reactions or it the reinstatement is not really working but i think i had some improvement. Its been 18 days .not feeling good. I never noticed any worse feelings after 1hr of taking celexa. This agitation is a very bad symptom and hope not a reinstatement affect. But going to put up 1.5mg tomorrow. 

• Moderator Emeritus
17 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

@Altostratareceptors may have adjusted somewhat(upregulated) during the time you were tapering or had withdrawal symptoms.

what does this mean in terms of reinstatement?.

It means, better to just do a low dose, teeny updose, such as what has been suggested.  I'll see if I can find a link to something here, on site, that talks more about receptors and upregulating, if you'd like, Ella56?  Better yet, go get a copy of Robert Whitaker's book, Anatomy of an Epidemic , or Your Drug Might be Your Problem, by Dr. Peter Bregging.  

Like I said in PM, no one "gets" or understands all this completely right off the bat, right after arrival here.  And especially if you just got here by googling or something.  You haven't even been here a whole month yet.  You are doing great.  Begin to relax.......I think you are on the right track now.  I do.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I just saw your post above, on your decision.  B)  That's good.  Keep the notes coming, the drug and symptom notes.......you know the drill now.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

5 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

It means, better to just do a low dose, teeny updose, such as what has been suggested.  I'll see if I can find a link to something here, on site, that talks more about receptors and upregulating, if you'd like, Ella56?  Better yet, go get a copy of Robert Whitaker's book, Anatomy of an Epidemic , or Your Drug Might be Your Problem, by Dr. Peter Bregging.  

Like I said in PM, no one "gets" or understands all this completely right off the bat, right after arrival here.  And especially if you just got here by googling or something.  You haven't even been here a whole month yet.  You are doing great.  Begin to relax.......I think you are on the right track now.  I do.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I just saw your post above, on your decision.  B)  That's good.  Keep the notes coming, the drug and symptom notes.......you know the drill now.

My head hurts trying to figure it out. Thanks for the info. I will just wait a week at the same time. I went off ad because i didnt think they helped. I switched celexa to pristiq for 3 months then went off pristiq in 3 weeks or so. So basically ct i guess. 

I havent found the right place yet 🙏. If i had more put away it would be easy. 🙏 some more. Thanks good nite for now. !

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Ella56 said:

I really want to exercise but was afraid it might make the agitation i feel worse. Last night terrible night wouldnt wish it on anyone. 

Today i went for a long walk and used my arms to pump because the middle back is tight, muscles ache.  I dont think it made it worse. Testing it to see if it activates the cns more or makes agitation better or worse ...what the deal on exercise? 

i would love to be able to run a 10k by summer but i dont think that will be.  I came home did 40 of relaxation music. My body feels threatened and wants to fight. It is coming a lot from my stomach. .

Make sense?

So i need to learn to relax it even if it thinks it needs to fight.  Sad about last night it was tough and scared to go there. What could be the safe features you talk about,? Thanks

Sorry, just saw ^.  And I know, I know.......symptoms can be so incredibly intense.  I mean on one hand you don't want to fight them......if you are angry or irritated or some of those really yucky neuro emotions.  You just don't want to let them take over.  Sometimes fighting them makes them worse.  I mean I knew that my own intense neuroemotions were NOT the real me......but still, it was hard.  I often found myself having to avoid people a bit, while going through the worst of it.  If it wasn't anger.....then it was tears, or sobbing.  Go swear on that Lalachezia thread, if that might help.......you'll find your own things that work too.

I'm guessing that some exercise might be really helpful.  Start slow though.  A walk is perfect.  And yes, you are testing to see what works best for you right now.  Of course we've got a link:

Exercise.....Do more, do less, do nothing?  What worked for you?

^ members experiences, and you can contribute to topics like this too, Ella56

Exercise has always, without a doubt, helped me.  Kitchen dancing counts too......just music and movement can be so very helpful.  What do you like to dance to?

Yes, it all makes sense.  What you are saying.  Safety, hmmm, maybe just calling someone when it's intense.  Or having 1 or 2 you can just call, and tell them you just need to vent......and would they be willing to just listen......and then be so kind as to just acknowledge with you, how hard you are trying to just survive right now.  I mean, in a sense you are.

Okay.....gotta run sweetie. ❤️

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Ella56 said:

I never noticed any worse feelings after 1hr of taking celexa. This agitation is a very bad symptom and hope not a reinstatement affect. But going to put up 1.5mg tomorrow. 

When does this agitation occur? This doesn't appear in your daily symptom notes.

We will need those daily symptom notes every day, with more detail. From now on, we need those daily notes before we can answer your questions. This is going to be very important as you're making a drug change.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

48 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

When does this agitation occur? This doesn't appear in your daily symptom notes.

We will need those daily symptom notes every day, with more detail. From now on, we need those daily notes before we can answer your questions. This is going to be very important as you're making a drug change.

I took 1.5 mg at 1pm today and now feeling a little afraid. Maybe i shouldnt of, i was noticing change today. Not so much agitation but had quiet day yesterday. Do u think .5mg will make a major change?

And if i decide to not take it tomorrow would that be unwise? 

I know i need to make this carefully. Or do I take it for a week and if i see no change then talk then?  I should of asked if i move up , which i have now do i stay for 3 months?

I think since i went up that will mean 3 months more to get off it all and 3 to 4 months to stabilize and start tapering. I was on 1mg for 17 days. 

Yes i have had extreme agitation anger 3 days. I tried tylenol and aspirin and exercise.  I thought maybe my fear and home life. Feeling it again now. It is about an hour after 1.5 mg doze. Would it work that fast? Would it be the reinstatement of 1mg? But I had this a few months when i ct and was so messed up i didnt know. 

i am scared maybe should of stayed on 1mg now that i know how dangerous these drugs are.

March 16 Notes

1230 sm still awake.

Muscles are hurting all over. Emotional pain in my stomach. Extreme agitation.fear about finding place. Angry. Feel i will explode

245 to 630 sleep

830 got up

1pm 1 mg celexa

130 to 2 sat outside in the sun

3pm went for a walk to see if it would help with agitation explosive feeling

4pm 40 min relaxation music

6pm epsom bath

9pm bed agitation feel i will explode. Took aspirin

@Altostrata i have put my notes in. Can u look at the reply from me yesterday from your message. I have had agitation strong about 5 days. Would it be wd symptom. Maybe i should of held off on updosing til i moved ..but was getting really bad agitation but could be also from the stress in my life. Now i am questioning it. Any advice? I updozed one day. Do i have anything to worry about one way or the other? I mean what could my worries be If i stay on updoze or go back. 

March 17th

230 am woke in panic a little

7am a bit depressed

Work 11 to 1

1pm 1.5mg celexa first updoze

130 nap ..worried about updoze

230 feeling liitle anxiety in stomach, agitation

430crying spell situational

6pmstomach feels funny still

1030 bed feel ok little agitation

1200 am awake

Feeling this agitation 5 days. Feel it comes on quick and urge to just scream uncontrollable. Frightened because im feeling out of control. Just trying to keep it under control w coping skills calmness. Takes a lot of energy to keep down. Ringing in my head still also 

7 hours ago, Ella56 said:

March 17th

7am a bit depressed

Work 11 to 1

1200 am awake

Feeling this agitation 5 days. More like rage wakes me. Feel it comes on quick and urge to just scream uncontrollable. Frightened because im feeling out of control. Just trying to keep it under control w coping skills calmness. Takes a lot of energy to keep down. Ringing in my head still also . I guess the why i went up because saw a lot of people go to 2mg and my symptoms are hard. 

• Moderator Emeritus

35 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

@manymoretodays is it normal wd symptom to be screaming a few times a day? Can u read my notes in drug wd.my counsellors office is closed cant get in to discuss this with her to get things out. 

Hi Ella56,

45 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

Feeling this agitation 5 days. More like rage wakes me. Feel it comes on quick and urge to just scream uncontrollable. Frightened because im feeling out of control. Just trying to keep it under control w coping skills calmness. Takes a lot of energy to keep down. Ringing in my head still also . I guess the why i went up because saw a lot of people go to 2mg and my symptoms are hard. 

And good descriptions of your symptoms too!

When do the urges to scream come on in relation to your dose of celexa?  Go ahead and just put in your notes, urges to scream, after the time.

Can you keep it under control, when you need to?

And I found a couple links:

Yelling, shouting, screaming, Vocal tics(klazomania)

and then a member's account:  Patrick1:Extreme Anger Episodes

I might have given you these before:

neuroemotions

managing cortisol spikes

^ here they are again, and I think it is feasible that you could be getting some cortisol spikes throughout the day. 

Sounds like you are using coping skills and that's great.  Add them to your notes, as I think that might help you feel more in control, seeing that when you use or practice a coping skill, that it can mitigate some of the feelings, just enough......to help you feel in control again.

I hope that helps, and good job with the notes, keep them coming with the additional symptoms and coping skills used added in.

Hey Ella56, you could see if your counselor is doing tele-medicine type appointments right now, during Covid19 precautions.  Some are around here.  And then today......an earthquake!  Truly.  What next says I?  Massive squirrel invasions......I don't know  B)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

12 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Ella56,

And good descriptions of your symptoms too!

When do the urges to scream come on in relation to your dose of celexa?  Go ahead and just put in your notes, urges to scream, after the time.

Can you keep it under control, when you need to?

And I found a couple links:

Yelling, shouting, screaming, Vocal tics(klazomania)

and then a member's account:  Patrick1:Extreme Anger Episodes

I might have given you these before:

neuroemotions

managing cortisol spikes

^ here they are again, and I think it is feasible that you could be getting some cortisol spikes throughout the day. 

Sounds like you are using coping skills and that's great.  Add them to your notes, as I think that might help you feel more in control, seeing that when you use or practice a coping skill, that it can mitigate some of the feelings, just enough......to help you feel in control again.

I hope that helps, and good job with the notes, keep them coming with the additional symptoms and coping skills used added in.

Hey Ella56, you could see if your counselor is doing tele-medicine type appointments right now, during Covid19 precautions.  Some are around here.  And then today......an earthquake!  Truly.  What next says I?  Massive squirrel invasions......I don't know  B)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Do u think going up to 1.5mg will make it worse or better..or dont know..? Can i go back if it is worse in 5 days? I know some of this is situational. Feel not support in my lifefamily

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

Do u think going up to 1.5mg will make it worse or better..or dont know..? Can i go back if it is worse in 5 days? I know some of this is situational. Feel not support in my lifefamily

It might help Ella56.  Your body won't even register the change for 4-7 days.  Keep up the notes.  Keep working on any real life supports on the ground too.  I was amazed, am amazed, how people just turned up, do turn up when needed.  For example: today, after 5.7 Earthquake, both my neighbor and friend checking in on me.  Keep yourself as grounded as you can, and keep positive intentions foremost.  And then, even when I could not do that, myself.......sometimes, help just showed up.  Do you have a pet?

I'm over and out for a bit now.  You can do this Ella56.  Other members are around too, so reach out, like you are doing.  We are all rooting for you now.

L, P, H, G,   mmt

4 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

It might help Ella56.  Your body won't even register the change for 4-7 days.  Keep up the notes.  Keep working on any real life supports on the ground too.  I was amazed, am amazed, how people just turned up, do turn up when needed.  For example: today, after 5.7 Earthquake, both my neighbor and friend checking in on me.  Keep yourself as grounded as you can, and keep positive intentions foremost.  And then, even when I could not do that, myself.......sometimes, help just showed up.  Do you have a pet?

I'm over and out for a bit now.  You can do this Ella56.  Other members are around too, so reach out, like you are doing.  We are all rooting for you now.

L, P, H, G,   mmt

Ok you stay safe! One more q, will it be hard to get off if it is not helping? 

19 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

Ok you stay safe! One more q, will it be hard to get off if it is not helping? 

How long or how hard it takes to get off is NOT related to whether a drug personally helped You or not.

It is dependent on many things:

The med, how long you took it,  your personal brain, and how much of a cocktail of drugs you have had in the past, and your current stability.and how responsibly that you taper over time.

No one can tell you what your personal experience will be if you up dose and then try to decrease again.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

And as per Your finding a new place to live, as per that we are now in a FEDERAL state of emergency:

Trump announces halt on evictions, foreclosures through end of April

Again, I do not know Your particular situation, but You have more rights now than before.  That's good news.

But I do agree it's good to keep going forward with a plan to better housing.

• Administrator

The limit on foreclosures and evictions applies only to US HUD housing. Ella is in Canada.

21 hours ago, Ella56 said:

Extreme agitation.fear about finding place. Angry. Feel i will explode

Ella, with the neuro-emotions from the drug changes, your worry about housing is causing you a lot of distress. This is time of high stress for everyone. Can you talk to your landlord?

Please apply yourself to learning stress reduction measures. Meditative breathing is easy and can get you through those symptom surges. Keep reminding yourself you are having a drug reaction and you will get through it. For us to help you, you will need to be mindful about what is coming from your anxiety -- which you can learn skills to manage -- and what is a true drug-induced symptom.

See

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Deep emotional pain and crying spells, spontaneous weeping

Sudden fear, terror, panic, or anxiety from withdrawal

10 hours ago, Ella56 said:

March 17th

7am a bit depressed

Work 11 to 1

1200 am awake

You took a nap after increasing Celexa? Did it make you sleepy? Is this usual after you take Celexa?

The anxiety at 2:30 -- are you saying it was less than before? We need to know how you feel before you take a drug and after you take a drug.

We need to know when symptoms get significantly worse and when they get better.

At 10:30 p.m., it seems you felt better?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

The limit on foreclosures and evictions applies only to US HUD housing. Ella is in Canada.

Oh, thank you, my apologies.

I suppose then Ella, You will just have to check with you local officials about what the rules are based on Canadian proclamations concerning the Pandemic.

Good luck! 🙂

@AltostrataCan I stay with the one milligram? 1 day wont make a difference? 

Edited by Altostrata
deleted unnecessary quote

Hello @Altostrata,itooka nap to relax because i was out of house 3hrs..and was trying toself care, mainly just get quiet time. Anxiety i am not sure from the drug or just worry and 1030pm felt ok just short time. Was awake off and on all night.  I just found out i cant work., was only working 2hr days but some income.t i am self employed so no Employment insurance. This is not good and havent found place yet.  I dont know what to do or how to relax about this all. 

Edited by Altostrata
deleted unnecessary quote

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You took a nap after increasing Celexa? Did it make you sleepy? Is this usual after you take Celexa?

The anxiety at 2:30 -- are you saying it was less than before? We need to know how you feel before you take a drug and after you take a drug.

We need to know when symptoms get significantly worse and when they get better.

At 10:30 p.m., it seems you felt better?

Please read questions from the staff carefully and answer them completely.

1mg of what?

You don't need to click on Quote to reply, just type in the blank box and click on Submit Reply.

No celexs did not make me sleepy..just downtime for my health.

I am not sure about anxiety will try to watch more carefully

1 ml I mean of celexa. I didnt hear back so I took the 1.5 ml celexa..today. 2nd day. 

• Administrator

Ella, I was trying to understand your symptoms so I could make an educated guess about Celexa. I cannot answer questions without information from you. That's how we do things here.

I need to see your drug and symptom notes every day. Now we need to find out if the updose helped, or if your symptoms are from situational stress.

How has your sleep pattern changed in the last 6 months? What is your sleep pattern now?

March 18

1210 am fear  

430 am rage, emotional pain

Slept off and on all niht

730 am got up anxiety 

9am head is ringing, screamed again

12pm keeping busy to not think

1pm celexa 1.5 mg,

found out my job is finished right now..it was only 2hrs but some money coming in

2pm stomach sick  nausea..i think from drug

4pm ringing in head, anxiety agitation

6pm vit e omegas  mag

840 feel ok was able to talk to a supportive person

9pm went to bed

1030 pm woke up  rage, screaming whole back hurts, feel i will explode into pieces in a directions  45 mins.of that. then went back to bed...could be cortisol or something,..weird feeling in my stomach of fluid, warmth., ringing in my heas.

@Altostratathis morning i am feeling a little disconnected..it bothers me. Maybe from updose. Can i stop this updose? . Rather stay with the bad symptoms i know not new ones. Please let me know your advice on this? My sleep is not to bad. Yes some of the sleep issues now are situational.

This was my concern "for" You, that as soon as a new symptom or issue arose, You were going to panic, and wanting to keep changing Your dose.

Thus further destabilizing Your brain and make it harder to figure out the symptom-reaction pattern.

It may or may not even be related to the "updose". 

New Symptoms arise all the time in recovery.

Can You give Alto a little more information on exactly  what Your feeling and how bad it really is?

So she can help decipher if it's really from the small uptake as a "paradoxical reaction",  or if it's the normal reaction to going on a drug or up dosing.

Or if it's a normal WD that would have happened any way even if You hadn't up dosed?

A "little disconnected" happens to all of us, don't panic.  You have to decide if it's really a significant problem.

Obviously, YOU don't want  to keep taking something is it's making You much worse, but a "little" of anything could just be a temporary issue around the "up dose".

You have to remember all of these drugs have "side effects" that are different than "reactions" that You can experience at a dose increase.

You may have to "trade" one negative symptom for another, as long as it is not as bad.

Can You explain a little better what Your feeling and the timing of it? 

"This morning im feeling a little disconnected" is  vague. 

It will be hard for a Mod to help You.

You up dosed less than 48 hours ago.

You have no real reason YET to assume that it is from the dose increase, and Your already wanting to go back down on the dose.

If Your truly become significantly worse, that's one thing, but constantly changing your dose over a "little" of something will make you worse in the long run.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Ella56 said:

@Altostratathis morning i am feeling a little disconnected..it bothers me. Maybe from updose. Can i stop this updose? . Rather stay with the bad symptoms i know not new ones. Please let me know your advice on this? My sleep is not to bad. Yes some of the sleep issues now are situational.

Hang in there, Ella. This does not seem like a big symptom. Please do your best to calm down. This is a very stressful time for everyone. It's a good sign your sleep is okay.

Please continue to post your daily notes. We need to see the effect of the Celexa increase over a week.

My eyes are a but blurry and head is feeling a bit confused and feeling a bit off as disconnected. Shaky,brain fog I havent had that symptom for awhile so i am thinking it is the updose. Is 2 days going to make a huge difference to change my mind? 

Is there a cost to me to just go back to 1mg? It has been 6 months off drugs and 19 days on 1mg. 

"Rather stay with the bad symptoms i know not new ones."

"I havent had that symptom for awhile so i am thinking it is the updose."

Hi again sweetie.

You need to be very careful to be accurate.

You asked for advice based on something being a NEW SYMPTOM.

Now You are admitting You have had it before.

In that case, it's mostly likely nothing to worry about.  Old symptoms can come back at any time, especially during a dose change.

But when You say its a NEW Symptom, then the Mods have to look at it differently, and You might get different advice.

What do you mean by is their a "cost"?

But Alto is right, Mild symptoms, even if they were truly "new" (which it isn't) can happen and can be temporary.

It's only been 19 days, it's going to take some time for stabilization.  

Waiting a week or 10 days as Alto says is usually necessary.

Please try to stay clam, so You don't "accidentally create" a symptom out of stress.

Hope You have a better day! 😘