icequeen

I grieve

icequeen

I grieve for all the lost 16 years that I have spent in unimaginable hell because of two dangerous drugs - paroxetine and sertraline.

i grieve for all others going through the same hell for years on end. 

I grieve for the life I had imagined - working til retirement and enjoying old age and that will now not happen. Next to no improvement in 16 years doesn’t give much hope.

I grieve for all who lost their lives to suicide because they saw no other way out.

India

I grieve too, with deep pain in my heart.

India

@icequeen This is so powerful and healing and cathartic to be able to read your words and repeat them. To hold space for the vastness of this grief. To be able to feel the authenticity of this. 

This is the second I have read over your words and spoken them to myself. Like a mantra. And a remembrance for all those that have suffered these losses.

These are each human lives.

icequeen

I agree with Dante. I lost life’s breath in every possible sense. Struggling to breathe for years on end is just one of my post drug long list of problems. 

I’m glad my simple words gave you something.

Brooke

I think depression is able to thrive in our society because we have a hierarchy of grief. The loss of children and partners is up top, the loss of a child’s beloved stuffed bear at the bottom. 

But if that stuffed bear is all the child has to feel safe and it is taken away and she is reprimanded for her feelings, what seed does that plant? Could the loss of something as small as cotton filled cloth grow into something like depression later on? 

I think so. We lose so many things in our lives, and not just to death. Houses. Careers. Friends. Sports. Projects. Best friends. Without the space to grieve those losses they add up to helplessness, emptiness. 

So not only do I grieve the losses we’ve all experienced because of psychiatric drugs, but I grieve all the losses that so many years ago, unfurled the path before us.