Ruby6: Update

Ruby6

I’m trying to come back to this site after being off for several years. I had an attempted Suicide and was put on mandated medications in order to get my drivers license back. Now after the death of my Mother on December 12th 2019 and the passing of my Service Animal Claudia I am detoxing from 4 of the medications with the assistance of my Dr/Surgeon. 

1 minute ago, Ruby6 said:

I’m trying to come back to this site after being off for several years. I had an attempted Suicide and was put on mandated medications in order to get my drivers license back. Now after the death of my Mother on December 12th 2019 and the passing of my Service Animal Claudia I am detoxing from 4 of the medications with the assistance of my Dr/Surgeon. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Ruby6 Update
  • Administrator

Welcome, Ruby.

I am sorry you've lost your mother and Claudia, that must be very hard.

We don't have any earlier posts from you. You'll have to tell us what drugs you're taking now, with their dosages. How might we help you? Are you getting withdrawal symptoms?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

AltoStrada, 

Deepest gratitude for your kindness, as well as having this site available! 
Somewhere in my notes I have the previous post when I was detoxing down from massive amounts of medications and down to 1mg of Clonozapam. 

To date I’m off all pain medications and ibuprofen as well! 

Topamax was 100 mg [ 2-50 mg ] daily taken at night! 
Now at 1/4 of 1/2 of 25 mg! Will be off in 1 week! 

Serquel 100 mg down to 50 mg - holding right now will taper down to Zero 

Clonozapam 100 mg down to 1/2 mg- holding will taper to Zero 

Zoloft 25 mg - holding will taper to Zero 

Yes, experiencing neurological effects 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ruby6,  And welcome aboard.  I just hid your last post.  As it was a copy of your registration information and we like to keep that confidential.   Can you add some dates to your current medications?  As to when recent changes were?  You might go to Read this first> start an introduction> Please create a signature.  Sorry, I am posting from my droid now.  Happy to get you links when I can(cannot link from my phone as yet),  if you haven't located the how to on this before.  Best and welcome.  L,P, H, and G,  mod mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, Hi again Ruby6, @Ruby6 and welcome back aboard,

And me too, so sorry for your recent losses.  (((((Ruby6))))

16 hours ago, Ruby6 said:

AltoStrada, 

Deepest gratitude for your kindness, as well as having this site available! 
Somewhere in my notes I have the previous post when I was detoxing down from massive amounts of medications and down to 1mg of Clonozapam. 

To date I’m off all pain medications and ibuprofen as well! 

Topamax was 100 mg [ 2-50 mg ] daily taken at night! 
Now at 1/4 of 1/2 of 25 mg! Will be off in 1 week! 

Serquel 100 mg down to 50 mg - holding right now will taper down to Zero 

Clonozapam 100 mg down to 1/2 mg- holding will taper to Zero 

Zoloft 25 mg - holding will taper to Zero 

Yes, experiencing neurological effects 

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

^ explains what we like to see in the signature, and then how to access it, for doing

Let me know if you have any difficulty with this.

And congratulations for getting off pain medication.

What times of day do you take your current medications?

And as I'm not sure how much you have looked at the site, both before, and now, I will leave you with some more links too, now, that I hope you find helpful:

*What is withdrawal syndrome?

*Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

^ is our more harm reduction approach to tapering

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

The Windows and Waves pattern of stabilization

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.

The only 2 supplements that we endorse for WD syndrome are:

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

We've got a great symptoms and self care forum too.  Where you find many non-drug coping tools for WD symptoms. 

I'll just include one of the pinned topics there, the first post has a whole list of indexed topics:

Non drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Welcome again.  This is your introduction page, you have now introduced yourself to the community.  Do post right here, with any questions around your particular case.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays
added an @ notification for member

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ruby6!  @Ruby6

How are you faring?

What kind of neurological effects are you experiencing?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ruby6: Update