Green smoothies

Heal95

Hey guys! I’m sorry this isn’t a success story but I’m hoping that it may help!!! 
So basically about a month ago my lupus started flaring up due to high stress at home and I freaked out because I didn’t want to have medication problems from new meds to control the issue so I found this lady called dr Brooke goldner on YouTube and she talks about these high omega 3 green smoothies to help lupus. In her videos she discusses how these smoothies help people with a whole load of other health issues because of because it feeds your cells, improves your health on a cellular level etc etc etc!!! 

Here’s a vid for example 

anyway since I’ve been having green smoothies my withdrawal isn’t cured but I feel like I’m functioning a lot better during the days with my energy levels. I still am prone to triggers and all the emotional stuff but I can think better concentrate sooooo much better and I feel a lot more positive happy hopeful emotions. My sleep has improved too and I’ve been exercising too like properly not just walking. It’s still waves and windows and by no means am I in the clear but this is helped me a lot. If u have digestive issues try flax oil and drink a good amount of water. 

I was really nervous before trying it as I’m sure a lot of u in withdrawal know trying new things can be daunting because you don’t know if they will do more harm than good. I am 15 months in so I don’t know if this is a coincidence with a window but I still have been getting difficult days in between they’re just not as bad as before. I put raw cacao in my green smoothies and that increases blood flow to the brain apparently. 

anyway I’m sorry if you thought this was going to be a success story I just hope this green omega 3 smoothie helps u guys. Give it a few days it does suck sometimes having the same old thing but I’m used to sucky things now and if this helps I don’t mind!!!! 

lots of love and healing to you all xxxxx 

anyway I hope this helps  

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from Success stories, to symptoms and self care

Put on sertraline in January 2016 50 mg. 100mg Feb 16-May18 

may 18 50 mg some withdrawals 

august 18 rapid taper off. September 22 put on 50 mg due to withdrawals 

2 weeks later up to 100mg. Bad reaction 

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

off since 8 December having waves and windows 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Heal95, @Heal95

I moved your most recent post here to Symptoms and Self Care.  Success Stories forum is reserved for, well, Success Stories- for people who have been off all medications for a year.

It fits nicely here though, as something that you've found helpful.

So there are Omega 3's then, added to the green smoothies?  And it's helped your lupus when it flared up, as well as any WD symptoms?

Some do have real sensitive stomachs and digestions, in early WD, and /or ongoing, so always good to start slow.  And others sometimes have no appetite, too.

I've done spinach, berry, yogurt,  cranberry juice, and now some protein powder smoothies for years now.  One, to make sure I am getting good folate in, and two, as it is an easy way to get some fruits and veggies in daily.  I usually do mine in the morning and it really helps, in so many ways......  Early on, in WD, I used smoothies to get calories and just some decent nutrition in when I was so acutely ill.

I take my omega 3's separately.

And do feel that I have benefited greatly with both my greens and my omega's!  So I'm with you on this. 

I'm glad that this woman's program has helped you in your healing.

Thanks for sharing. (I haven't had a chance to view the video yet, just tidying up wandering posts B))

L, P, H, and G,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hello @manymoretodays !!! :)))

yes I added omega 3s the form of flax and chia seed I add various greens like spinach spring greens(which r cheap atm wooo) kale etc and a bit of frozen fruit and raw cacao. I also take fish oil. I was in a terrible way both with WD and lupus about month ago but ever since having the smoothies I feel good. I have better energy better cognition even my sleep has improved. Like I turned a super crazy corner. I feel so many emotions not just doom and sadness. I can feel  empathy from deep in my heart when I read something or listen to a song. I have that woah feeling when I learn something new that blows my mind. I agree it’s good to start slow. I reaalllllyyyy pace myself with drinking my smoothie. I take an hour to drink my big glass as my digestion is slower than I’d like. Otherwise I ended up super bloated. Greens and omega have helped so much. I don’t know if this is normal lol I feel super happy with so so much hope😃 

thank u for taking the time to reply @manymoretodays I hope you are having a great day. Are you from thr UK.?

on 100 for 4 weeks. Then 50 for two weeks 25 for two weeks and 25 every other day for a week 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you use any plant-based milks (e.g., soy or almond), as a base for your smoothies? I do but they are processed/come in a carton, which I ideally prefer not to do. I do put flax seeds, berries, and greens, plus a healthy glop of coconut oil, into my smoothies each day. I also add cocoa powder. I take fish oil every day as well (not plant-based but seems not to hurt me so far). I am quite symptomatic at the moment but do think my smoothies are good for me. When I was recovering from cancer several years ago, I used a significant amount of raw greens and juices, lots of plant-based fats, and had huge success recovering from that disease. My oncologists were perplexed because I went hardcore whole foods/plant-based; my tumor become completely walled off and surrounded with healthy tissue in a way they'd never seen before.

Now if I can just find a nutritional boost for my nervous system...

FYI I also eat a couple handfuls of almonds daily.

--Current supplements: Fish oil 1000 mg x4 (split into 2 doses of 1000 mg); Vit. D 2,000 iu once daily; 2-3 tsp coconut oil daily

--3/14/20: Re-discontinued gabapentin after 2 weeks, due to agitation

--2/27/20: Reinstated Kpin .5mg and also briefly reinstated gabapentin 300mg. 2x/daily, to help with side effects (Kpin dose usually taken in a.m. between 5-8 a.m.; gabapentin once in a.m. and once around 6 p.m.)

--2/13/20: Tried reducing Kpin down to .375mg due to dysphoric side effects; tried to CT but started hallucinating again after 4 days

--1/23/20: Placed on daily .5mg dose of Klonopin

--From July 2017-Jan. 2020: PRN Klonopin 1mg. :  up to 1x/day:  sometimes weeks without it, sometimes 1-2x/week, sometimes 4-5x/week; tried to CT in Jan. 2020 and ended up in hospital with delirium and hallucinations

--November 2019: Weaned down gabapentin approx. 100 mg. per week and discontinued it

--August 7, 2019-10/18/19: Reduced Trintellix from 10mg. down to zero (insurance stopped paying for it - I couldn't afford it).

--February 2019-11/30/19: Reduced nortriptyline from 75 mg. to zero

--As of February 2019:  Meds were 10 mg. (1x/day) Trintellix, 75 mg. (1x/day) nortriptyline, and 600 mg. gabapentin

--1992 through 2018: On various cocktails of meds, starting with anafranil

• Moderator Emeritus

I use Coconut milk, in general.  In my smoothies I use a bit of Greek Yogurt, in fact that was all the protein that I used in it, until perhaps 9 months ago. 

I do eat some meat products now, and eggs, always have......but at that point started adding bone broth powder, and more recently whey protein powder(it's a bit cheaper).

And I do tolerate both of the protein powders now.  I'm not sure I did in the more acute phase of my withdrawal, tolerate the protein powders.

.....And that's awsome delsol, your success with your tumor.  I wish you the same success with your taper now! 

I stayed away from Soy products, once I learned that they affected hormones, a teeny bit, or estrogen in particular.  I figured if I could keep my hormones, balanced, as best as possible after the "change" that was best.

What do you use Heal95, as far as milks, or plant based milks?

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Altostrata changed the title to Green smoothies
  • 11 months later...

Hello @manymoretodays

this is a very late reply but in my smoothies i just use water but generally i have homemade almond milk :)

i dont use protein powders because from the research i have done i have concluded that protein powder isnt necessary if you follow a balanced diet.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy