SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Coronavirus, covid-19, covid-19 vaccine, & psychiatric drug tapering & withdrawal

sunnysideup69

Well, as expected my work is mandating the shot shortly. I have so so so much anxiety over it, and have read all 14 pages to this post to try to gain as much information as possible! It seems to be generally safe for those in current withdrawals. I can’t help but be fearful after holding for a year, to end up possibly going backwards! Of course I keep telling myself if you guys all were able to take it with limited side effects I will too, and the other option of course is terrible covid. :( 

*effexor since 2013- 75 mg (256 beads average)

*march -December 2020 decrease 5% by counting beads and  holding 4 weeks in between. *December 2020 decreased to 145 beads  from 140 beads. & experienced severe symptoms increased 10 beads.

*Held here for 5 months. (150 beads) April - July 2022 decreased 1 bead every 1-3 months.

144beads

**Holding indefinitely **
Drank wine august 2023 - destabilized 

taking magnesium gyltrate 200mg, 
*Stopped birth control pill august 2020. Stopped rupall 10mg September 2021

• Moderator Emeritus

@JessB It is not just people in ADWD that are concerned about the vaccines.

8 hours ago, JessB said:

the other option of course is terrible covid.

The best we can do is do our own research so that we can make as informed a decision as possible.  If Covid wasn't such an awful disease I am sure that there would be many people who would choose not to take the vaccine.

To vaxx or not to vaxx.  Both options have risks.  It's a case of deciding on which option has the the lower risks.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat I can absolutely appreciate people not in w/d also being concerned. 
I am super nervous about going back wards from all the positive strides I have made ❤️

*effexor since 2013- 75 mg (256 beads average)

*march -December 2020 decrease 5% by counting beads and  holding 4 weeks in between. *December 2020 decreased to 145 beads  from 140 beads. & experienced severe symptoms increased 10 beads.

*Held here for 5 months. (150 beads) April - July 2022 decreased 1 bead every 1-3 months.

144beads

**Holding indefinitely **
Drank wine august 2023 - destabilized 

taking magnesium gyltrate 200mg, 
*Stopped birth control pill august 2020. Stopped rupall 10mg September 2021

My booster shot of Pfizer was due, six months after the initial double immunisation.

I went and had it this afternoon.  Walked home, I think it'll be a couple of nights curled up playing video games with chicken noodle soup while the fluey-ness passes.

They are calling for earlier booster shots now with the SARS omicron strain that is already in Australia now so the timing suited me.

Pity the govt is still all butterfingers on this - they didn't quarantine the flight in from ZA even after they knew, and the UK and US had.

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/3/2021 at 5:26 AM, Sonia001 said:

Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who had the jab in her left arm and straight away she felt a pain in her right arm that shot up to her eye.

John Campbell (on YouTube) is recommending aspirating the needle before injecting to ensure that no blood vessels are involved.  Even the tiniest blood vessel can increase your risk of side effects.

He says that - immediate taste in mouth (often metallic) or these kinds of "shooting" sensations, may be because the needle wasn't aspirated.

AND, like so many things in the medical industry - nurses & injectors tend to scoff at requests for aspiration.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, JanCarol said:

John Campbell (on YouTube) is recommending aspirating the needle before injecting to ensure that no blood vessels are involved.  Even the tiniest blood vessel can increase your risk of side effects.

He says that - immediate taste in mouth (often metallic) or these kinds of "shooting" sensations, may be because the needle wasn't aspirated.

AND, like so many things in the medical industry - nurses & injectors tend to scoff at requests for aspiration.

Makes me wonder who they are having do the IM injections? (intrasmuscular)

I'm a semi-retired professional nurse, and we are trained, early on, to aspirate when giving IM injections.

Just so you know, that is standard procedure, when giving an IM injection, to aspirate, and check to make sure no blood vessels are involved.  As well as avoiding any nerves.  The upper arm site, is the deltoid muscle.

I believe that anyone trained to give injections, would receive similar training.  Let's hope so.

This is all odd, as it sounds like, everyone blaming everyone else, for something Covid vaccine related, or something like that.  These have been tough times for ALL people and that is all I know for sure.

Interesting though......as I really bruised up after my booster vaccine.  I got it on the 7th of November.  Bruising is all clear now.  And any exhaustion, fatigue in the immediate aftermath of my pfizer booster was short lived......limited to less than 1 week.

Got my 2 shot series, back in March. 

And I just made my best decision for me, and all my loved ones, and all people really......as to what I should do.

Weighed the risks and benefits.  Then made my decision.

Okay.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Altostrata locked this topic
  • Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Makes me wonder who they are having do the IM injections? (intrasmuscular)

I'm a semi-retired professional nurse, and we are trained, early on, to aspirate when giving IM injections.

Just so you know, that is standard procedure, when giving an IM injection, to aspirate, and check to make sure no blood vessels are involved.  As well as avoiding any nerves.  The upper arm site, is the deltoid muscle.

I believe that anyone trained to give injections, would receive similar training.  Let's hope so.

This is all odd, as it sounds like, everyone blaming everyone else, for something Covid vaccine related, or something like that.  These have been tough times for ALL people and that is all I know for sure.

Hey MM - 

Many of the people giving injections are pharmacists.  Even people who ask for aspirations are not getting it.  

John Campbell is, I believe, a nursing professor.   He believes that you can reduce side effects by aspirating.

People have reported to him that there is no aspiration going on.  One person insisted on aspiration, and the nurse (yes, RN level nurse) said OK and then gave the shot and then aspirated AFTER the shot = wtf?.

So there is some ignorance around aspiration.  The discussions I have heard was that it USED to be standard-of-practice (likely when you were trained), but that problems from hitting blood vessels were so rare, that they quit doing it.  But this is a new shot, one which aspiration might help with.  John Campbell's view is that if anything might help and doesn't harm, it's worth trying.

Add to the fact that this mass vaccination program is happening quickly, like an assembly line.  

So no, aspiration is no longer happening, and people who want it are having trouble getting it.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

Yikes JC.

And thank you for clarifying further for me.

I kind of wondered who gave me the booster, and was too timid too ask.

I got that at a local chain pharmacy/store.

My previous mass immunization experience for my original 2 series of shots was odd too.

(I mean I don't know what training the person injecting me had)

Why would they aspirate after the shot??  Kooky, as the idea is to inject in the muscle, not in a blood vessel.

Yep, well I agree with John Campbell then too.  And am for going back to the old school training for injections too.  All about harm reduction.

Miss you JC.  Pop around more often, or when you can.  Thanks again for the further explanation. 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

John Campbell on aspiration of the needle prior to vaccine:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

John Campbell reports here that when he went for his booster, he was unable to get the person with the needle to aspirate.  So his push for needle aspiration before the shot to avoid hitting small blood vessels is not very successful.

• vfx150 changed the title to Anyone having withdrawal symptoms after Covid booster vaccine
  • Moderator Emeritus

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is currently locked.

Please post your vaccine experiences in your own Introduction / Update thread. 

If you believe you have suffered an adverse reaction, please report it. Here are two available resources for reporting vaccine injuries:

VAERS - Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

Report Covid Vaccine Effects to RxISK

Edited by Shep
added additional information