sunnysideup69

Coronavirus / covid and psychiatric drug tapering & withdrawal

Colonial

Great posts, thank you Both! 😎

Onmyway
3 hours ago, Colonial said:

Great posts, thank you Both! 😎

How are you recovering @Colonial? Are you having delayed reactions as well or things are getting that to pre-covid normal? 
Hope you are keeping well. 

FarmGirlWorks
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Onmyway said:

I am such a huge fan of Ed Yong, the author of this article. He's very thoughtful and thorough and wrote about this with compassion. I wish he'd write about ADs one day.

OMG: me too. I do not know his work but I thought this article was so well-done.

14 hours ago, Onmyway said:

"A" blood type is one of the most common from 30-45 depending on your ethnicity having type A. The correlation could be weak or with a small impact.

Did not know that... yeah, I am a sucker for a few days for new info about it. In the last few days I saw that Vitamin D may protect against Covid and decided to pick up some Crimini mushrooms at the grocery store (food source high in VitD). Guess I wasn't the only one who read that... there were like three crimini mushrooms left 😃 

15 hours ago, Onmyway said:

I found those fascinating too - esp the windows and waves pattern they experience. Is that a fundamental thing about our body that it heals in that pattern from grave injuries? Or is it that the virus and WD hit similar cascades - neuro-immune reactions? I'm just curious.

I am curious too. Reading a book called "Meditation as Medicine" by a doctor who also practices kundalini and he says that viruses hook to the same receptors as norepinephrine (a happy chemical) and that if the receptors have the norepinephrine already there then the virus has less real estate to hook up to a cell. Of course, it hooks up to respiratory cells and I have no idea if norepinephrine is found there. Idk. I think your thought that we heal from grave injuries in windows and waves is probably on target. Whatever the case, the similarities are fascinating.

Aside: a benefit to ADWD/PAWS is that I could spell norepinephrine without looking it up. Sign me up for the PAWS spelling bee.

Edited by FarmGirlWorks

Onmyway
On 6/10/2020 at 12:17 AM, FarmGirlWorks said:

OMG: me too. I do not know his work but I thought this article was so well-done.

Check him out, he has been doing an amazing work on all the Covid stuff. I get all my info from him. 

Did not know that... yeah, I am a sucker for a few days for new info about it. In the last few days I saw that Vitamin D may protect against Covid and decided to pick up some Crimini mushrooms at the grocery store (food source high in VitD). Guess I wasn't the only one who read that... there were like three crimini mushrooms left 😃 

Yes, I had heard about vit D, they had discovered that those who had low leves had worse outcomes. There might be something there. But some much of this research is reversed quickly - things are a bit sloppy in the haste. vit D is helpful anyway so doesn't hurt to get more sun or as a supplement (though it can be activating in WD). 

I am curious too. Reading a book called "Meditation as Medicine" by a doctor who also practices kundalini and he says that viruses hook to the same receptors as norepinephrine (a happy chemical) and that if the receptors have the norepinephrine already there then the virus has less real estate to hook up to a cell. Of course, it hooks up to respiratory cells and I have no idea if norepinephrine is found there. Idk. I think your thought that we heal from grave injuries in windows and waves is probably on target. Whatever the case, the similarities are fascinating.

That thing about norepinephrine and viruses seems a bit bogus. Various viruses hook up to diff receptors  and I haven't heard much about this relationship but it doesn't necessarily mean it is not true. Just suspicious. But I am suspicious of most medical info these days so... :)

Aside: a benefit to ADWD/PAWS is that I could spell norepinephrine without looking it up. Sign me up for the PAWS spelling bee.

This made me chuckle alound! I will one day get the pronunciation of glutamatergic right. Hahahah. We should organize a WD pubquiz with different subcategories - I can think of the following categories off the top of my head - tapering/neuro-chemicals/weird symptoms/psychiatrist deception. I'll take strange symptoms for 300. What is 'being trrified by a red London bus?'

FarmGirlWorks
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2020 at 7:17 PM, Onmyway said:

This made me chuckle alound! I will one day get the pronunciation of glutamatergic right. Hahahah. We should organize a WD pubquiz with different subcategories - I can think of the following categories off the top of my head - tapering/neuro-chemicals/weird symptoms/psychiatrist deception. I'll take strange symptoms for 300. What is 'being terrified by a red London bus?'

Well, that made me giggle. I mean, the second tier or story or whatever it is called, is a little alarming all the time. Weird symptoms for 400. What is 'becoming deeply paranoid about facial recognition and scrubbing your facebook account of all photos of your face leaving only the ones with big sunglasses and a Mexican wrestler mask'?

Edited by FarmGirlWorks

Artistic1

Love the idea of a pub quiz! Your examples made me laugh!

Onmyway
7 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

Well, that made me giggle. I mean, the second tier or story or whatever it is called, is a little alarming all the time. Weird symptoms for 400. What is 'becoming deeply paranoid about facial recognition and scrubbing your facebook account of all photos of your face leaving only the ones with big sunglasses and a Mexican wrestler mask'?

OMG! This is brilliant! I so want to see the pic in a Mexican wrestler mask. FWIW, your fear of Facebook is probably not entirely unfounded.

I'll take rage attacks for 500. 

What is 'picking a public fight with your boss's boss over unfair practices and threatening to blow the whistle on something silly out of sheer neuro-anger at another colleague.' Granted guy is an arrogant incompetent blowhard. But still. Totally unnecessary. Today. Was shaking for the whole afternoon! 

In better news, we have a somewhat effective treatment for severe Covid!

6 hours ago, Artistic1 said:

Love the idea of a pub quiz! Your examples made me laugh!

Join in @Artistic1. We have to laugh at this ridiculousness sometimes. There was a  post in one of the forums describing an encounter with MH services where they had asked the person something about baking a cake when he was in a crisis. I had laughed so hard at it at the time. Couldn't find it now. Will link if I can find it again. 

FarmGirlWorks
Posted (edited)

@Onmyway: Right about FB: was talking with tech savvy folks and they told me that that privacy boat sailed long ago. That is, the corporations have my/our faces. Ugh. That is hilarious about the Rage Attack... had them too and it still makes me laugh at how off the hook they were.

But I'll take "Suicidal Ideation" for 100. What is 'getting coffee with another SA member and a guy comes over asking questions about dog poop bag prototypes. Which scent is best for the poop bags, lavender or vanilla? She politely asks him to leave and then turns to me and says, "we were too busy discussing suicide!"

Glad it made you laugh, @Artistic1. Not much is funny about WD.

Edited by FarmGirlWorks

Onmyway
On 6/17/2020 at 5:19 AM, FarmGirlWorks said:

But I'll take "Suicidal Ideation" for 100. What is 'getting coffee with another SA member and a guy comes over asking questions about dog poop bag prototypes. Which scent is best for the poop bags, lavender or vanilla? She politely asks him to leave and then turns to me and says, "we were too busy discussing suicide!

I think this should be in a comedy sketch! The absurdity of the dog bags and the "busy discussing suicide" is just priceless! 

It is so hard to explain the chemical assault to outsiders. I was almost giddy with joy the first time I had a desire to buy anything for myself - it was a red nailpolish - about 6 mos post 5 to 0 and reinstatement. Everything had been so yuck for all that time that the idea that people would buy clothes to enjoy had been otherworldly. The desire to buy nailpolish meant some clouds had parted, even if briefly. Never actually used it but I could imagine putting it on my nails. How strange this might seem to outsiders.

I'll take weird symptoms 300!

What is shaking like crazy/teeth chattering playing a board game after you have made a bet you'll win (no money involved) from the stress? Of a no-stakes board game with friendly people (nobody cares about winning). Went for hours before I could physically calm down. Mentally I was OK this time. 

FarmGirlWorks
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Onmyway said:

t is so hard to explain the chemical assault to outsiders. I was almost giddy with joy the first time I had a desire to buy anything for myself - it was a red nail polish - about 6 mos post 5 to 0 and reinstatement. Everything had been so yuck for all that time that the idea that people would buy clothes to enjoy had been otherworldly. The desire to buy nail polish meant some clouds had parted, even if briefly. Never actually used it but I could imagine putting it on my nails. How strange this might seem to outsiders.

LOVE THAT. Yes, when you want something for yourself it is such a paradigm shift, if even for a second. Hold onto that nail polish as a symbol of what you've achieved. Build an altar to it!

6 hours ago, Onmyway said:

I'll take weird symptoms 300!

What is shaking like crazy/teeth chattering playing a board game after you have made a bet you'll win (no money involved) from the stress? Of a no-stakes board game with friendly people (nobody cares about winning). Went for hours before I could physically calm down. Mentally I was OK this time. 

So funny: you know I never thought of it as a symptom per se but I went through a huge phase of "betting on stupid stuff" during the acute phase. Just anything really. Hell, I even bet my bio-father the first time I met him about something dumb for a penny (he won and took my penny which was so  informative about him). Never thought about it but the desire to bet tapered off last year. I want to think about it more now. Betcha I do it today 😃

Edited by FarmGirlWorks

sunnysideup69

Am slightly concerned about compulsory vaccination for Covid19, not that this has happened yet. Keeping an eye on it, however.

Speaking as someone who can't even really take a paracetamol any more without feeling odd, I wonder what the goodies inside a vaccine would do?

I guess there's no point in worrying about it yet. Seems a bit of a dilemma though.

Wondering what other people's thoughts are, on this.

In fact, being as WD can leave us so sensitive to any other chemicals we put into our bodies, I'm not even sure I'd get vaccinated if it were optional. 

Curious as to your thoughts.

Colonial

"Speaking as someone who can't even really take a paracetamol any more without feeling odd, I wonder what the goodies inside a vaccine would do?

Wondering what other people's thoughts are, on this."

I surmise those of us who have a documented history of reactions to anything in withdrawal would be exempted, for 2 reasons:

1. Anyone having a reaction to the vaccine for ANY reason is bad for business, and puts the vaccine in a bad light, even if it's not vaccine related, and

2. They don't want the truth about withdrawal getting out for any reason.

It's a "lose-lose" for them on either account.

sunnysideup69
3 minutes ago, Colonial said:

I surmise those of us who have a documented history of reactions to anything in withdrawal would be exempted, for 2 reasons:

1. Anyone having a reaction to the vaccine for ANY reason is bad for business, and puts the vaccine in a bad light, even if it's not vaccine related, and

2. They don't want the truth about withdrawal getting out for any reason.

It's a "lose-lose" for them on either account.

When you say 'documented history', do you mean officially documented with healthcare provider, or self documented. Just wondering what it would take to get out of anything compulsory...

Colonial

I'm thinking of the times you had to interact with you doctor and such.  Some of us have thousands of dollars in unnecessary testing and the like due to the brutal symptoms, MRI's, CAT scans, drugs having to be compounded and the like. The more of a written record you have the less likely they are to force you into doing something, since the outcome is not only monetarily risky but the publicity is bad, if they dope you up and you end up with amnesia having to be institutionalized for 6 weeks.

You seem to have enough of a documented drug history that you could do it.

It all depends on how much "we" make a nuisance of ourselves in reporting the issues to the doctors.

The more of a "problem child" you are the less they want to interact with you.

rupa

This statement is from a doctor from USA.

"""you donot need to fear about covid
you fear only if you donot get help early
if symptomatic then fear if steroids correct dose not started and given long enough to control inflammation"

This statement is from a doctor from USA.

For online covid treatment for Indians from the USA.

Azithromycin500 mg/ oral/once every 24 hours
1.Dexamethasone 6mg/oral/ once or twice daily
2. Eliquis 2.5 or 5 mg/ oral/twice daily
3. Albuterol inhaler 2 to 4 puffs/4 times daily
These are for patients with fever, cough and shortness of breath.
4. Doxycycline or Azithromycin can be added for secondary bacterial infection.
Doxycycline 100mg/oral/twice daily
Dexamehasone or Methylprednisolone can be used.
Methylprednisolone is better.""

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323545#methylprednisolone-vs-prednisone

Any thoughts?

ChessieCat

With the increase of covid cases in Australia and Woolworths now asking shoppers to wear a mask in their stores, I decided that it would be a good idea to carry a mask with me in case I need to use one.

I've made a mask today and it has turned out very good.  The information and links have been added to Post #1 of this topic.

direstraits

wow you still have Woolworth's there...cool.🙂

Frogie

Our state mandated masks and people are screaming. I sewed some during the pandemic.

We had a Woolworth’s when I was a child. They are awesome!

ShiningLight

I'm also very concerned if the vaccine becomes mandated. I don't trust the covid vaccine if manufactured in the USA, especially.

Generally I'm not anti-vax. However, given the rush to market and the current situation, I don't feel safe. It may be mandated where I work. I'm very afraid of that. I don't mind getting the vaccine eventually, I just want it to be out awhile first. I mean, look at the gardasil fiasco.

My feelings and approach to self isolating during the pandemic has had an ebb and flow. I started early, in January I think. Then I got used to the pandemic for awhile and a little too comfortable. Now I (and my state) are back in lockdown. I am more conservative than what my state does. But when I get sick I get really sick, and I'm alone.

As unpleasant as staying home all the time can be after awhile, it is also very freeing to have to worry less! I'm still concerned about it if I go out to the store, but my exposures are so limited now. I'm working from home again and if I go to the store or get restaurant delivery service, those are really my only exposures. I do worry about the delivery sometimes though. 

One of the things that worries me is what will happen when my company decides that it will be safe to return to work. I like being in control of my own destiny, not subject to what somebody else thinks is an acceptable level of risk. I mean, I could quit at that time, but I don't want to do that during a pandemic/pandemic aftermath. I'm also not easily re-employable at my age.