Cjeanr: Prozac bridge information

Cjeanr

March 19

5:28 am woke up feel ok apprehensive about taking medication but had a decent night sleep took bath. Was not able to do that yesterday 

6:43 am 10 mg Prozac 60 mg np thyroid multivitamin feeling apprehensive about taking. Took with stoneyfield probiotic smoothie. Realized yesterday was the first day I haven’t had diarrhea since starting the lexapro back in January...coincidence or good sign? 

7:30 am headache and feeling very sleepy small waves of tension but not developing into full anything

Ok morning.

12:30 light lunch

Did some chores around the apartment

3:30 pm started to feel more tense, tightness in chest, going to go for a walk outside when my husband gets home. first time I’ve been out in many days. 

4:30 went for walk, brought Ativan with me in case (have not had any today)

5;45 pm finished walk was tired did ok, feeling a little down did not take Ativan. Just feeling some waves of depression and hopelessness...will I ever feel happy or at least content again?

7 pm dinner and just trying to relax afterwards. Do feel a little ramped up but seem to be able to stop it from turning into anxiety hoping I will be able to sleep in a bit

7:40 pm got into bed and started reading

8:50 pm drifted off to sleep while reading, jerked awoke feeling very anxious, trying deep breathing to relax 

9:20pm took hot bath to relax, still highly anxious

9:32 P.M.  took .5 Ativan feel so discouraged was doing so much better all day

10:15 pm Ativan finally calmed me down enough to relax and eventually fall asleep at some point

1:30 am woke up, felt anxious was able to get back to sleep

5:10 am woke up feeling edgy and a little anxious with a headache

6: 17 am more anxious

6:20 am took 10mmg Prozac and 60 mg np thyroid no multivitamin today

Feeling scared about what it will make me feel like

7:10 am no noticeable improvement yet....no worsening either

Edited by Altostrata
changed font

cjeanr56

prozac 1995 thru 2018 successful taper by March 2019

back on Zoloft and Wellbutrin may 2019 lots of anxiety 25 mg Zoloft to start then added Wellbutrin 100 mg x a day, changed to 150 xl 1x day. Increase Zoloft to 50.

direct switch to lexapro Jan 2020 lots of anxiety at all doses from 5 to 10 during 7 weeks

ativan as needed .25 up to 3x a day started jan 2020 but have not used much for fear of dependency

60 mg np thyroid daily

doc wants me to direct switch to 10 mg Prozac which I did March 17

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cjeanr

• Altostrata

• Shep

• Erell

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch in thyroid drug was about two years ago.

did you get my 24 hour log from yesterday? Had a very bad night last night.

cjeanr56

back on Zoloft and Wellbutrin may 2019 lots of anxiety 25 mg Zoloft to start then added Wellbutrin 100 mg x a day, changed to 150 xl 1x day. Increase Zoloft to 50.

direct switch to lexapro Jan 2020 lots of anxiety at all doses from 5 to 10 during 7 weeks

ativan as needed .25 up to 3x a day started jan 2020 but have not used much for fear of dependency

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Administrator

It appears you're doing better. We expect very gradual improvement over weeks or months, not days.

Please stop taking the multivitamin.

5 hours ago, Cjeanr said:

took .5 Ativan feel so discouraged was doing so much better all day

You may have waves and windows. Please try to ride them out without Ativan. Believe me, taking Ativan every day may cause lots of problems. It could be making you anxious the next morning, for example.

How many times did you take Ativan this week? What is your usual sleep schedule?

Please continue to post daily notes -- but however you're doing the copying and pasting, please use a smaller font when posting. The huge font is hard to read.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Even though i had such bad night last night?b

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Administrator

You are doing pretty well. Visit with some of the other Intro topics to see what's going on with other people.

Please calm yourself -- you're going to get through this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sorry about the font, I’m not sure how to make it smaller when I cut and paste but will try. 

I am trying to use as little Ativan as possible as I am afraid of dependency, and only in times of emergency like last night. 

this week I probably took Ativan 4 or 5 times the whole week.

of course both my psychiatrist and my friend the psychiatrist said it won’t cause issues with short term use, but I don’t really agree with that so I am using it sparingly.

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Thank you.

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Cjeanr said:

Sorry about the font, I’m not sure how to make it smaller when I cut and paste but will try. 

Once you post, if you see the font is too large, you can edit your post, take your cursor and highlight the text, and click on the "size" button. Choose "default" for the font size. 

The "size" button is in the menu of buttons at the top of each text box. 

16 hours ago, Cjeanr said:

I am trying to use as little Ativan as possible as I am afraid of dependency, and only in times of emergency like last night. 

4 or 5 times in a week is enough to cause dependency if you take it this often for 2 - 4 weeks. 

Some of your symptoms during that week may have been rebound and interdose withdrawal. 

Please decide if you wish to continue with the Ativan this often. If so, you'll want to take the same dose every day and then taper off it later. If not, I would stop using it before you become dependent on it, if you're not already. 

March 20

6:20 am took 10 mg Prozac and 60 mg np thyroid

7:10 am no noticeable improvement or worsening, did a deep relaxation session from DARE app might have drifted into sleep or very deep state of relaxation

7:49 am finished, still feel on edge

Bathed and forced myself out of bed sat on balcony

9:29 am breakfast probiotic smoothie no worse or better still on edge

11:30 am starting to feel a bit more relaxed, tired , not quite as raw but it’s still there, haven’t been able to do much but sit around

3:06 wave of anxiety trying deep breathing

Started thinking strange thought like I am in a nightmare re the corona virus but is it real even though I know rationally it is, or I am alone in this nightmare

Spiraled into anxiety used some techniques to calm down

7:40 pm really anxious but going to do some deep relaxation want to see if i can not use Ativan tonight.  

Went into bedroom and did relaxation and meditation from dare. Was up and down all night, but each time I was up I listened to relaxation from dare app. No Ativan.

5:42 am awake feel edgy and a bit anxious but doesn’t everyone with what’s going on

6:32 am 10 mg Prozac 60 mg np thyroid 

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

I hope sheps suggestion about font size worked.  On another not4, I am started to worry about the weight loss.  I can not eat much and this has been going on two months. I have now lost about 21 pounds since being on the lexapro and now day five of Prozac. Have you heard of appetite suppression going on this long?  

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Where can I find the link to information about waves and windows

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

March 21

6:32 am 10 mg Prozac 60 mg thyroid took shower got dressed 

7:10 am Feel anxious meditated and did deep relaxation Slept a bit more

9:10 Have headache

10:30 yogurt smoothie

Heightened anxiety. Not sure how much is due to meds and how much due to corona

Trying to breathe through it, it’s so hard, trying to distract by reading

12 pm feeling some calm, but finally able to speak with my father in assisted living

He appears to be dying so trying to deal with that.

1:00 pm lite lunch, half a peanut butter sandwich, appetite still suffering for which I am getting worried about. Would gladly have my appetite back and feel better and carry an extra 10 or 20 pounds.  When will the appetite come back, it’s been two months like this.

2:26 slight window of calm

3;56 pm little tension /anxiety

5:30 pm dinner tried to force myself to eat very small salad, few bites steak and a fruit cup, feeling anxiety

8:00 pm went into bedroom watched a little tv fell asleep and awoke feeling very anxious around 9:30 pm. Did some DARE relaxation exercises got back to sleep

12:30 woke up, anxiety, more DARE, back to sleep but up and down

5:30 am woke up edgy, meditated

6:14 am still edgy, headache, anxiety wave trying to let it ride over me

Not feeling like getting out of bed

6:34 am 10mmg Prozac 60 mg np thyroid 

6:45 Reading cbt book feel down and hopeless - will I ever feel better

Edited by Shep
enlarged font

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Which second post, sorry not sure what you are asking me to review

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

I haven’t heard from altaostrata since Friday, of course people deserve time off. Was it the post from Friday you were referring to?

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Cjeanr said:

Which second post, sorry not sure what you are asking me to review

No worries. This is the second post of your thread: 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/22561-cjeanr-prozac-bridge-information/?tab=comments#comment-478352

Question - are you able to tolerate magnesium? You may want to try a small amount of magnesium in the evening or perhaps take a warm Epsom salt bath (Epsom salts contain magnesium). This can aid in sleep. 

Also, I enlarged the font of your post with your daily notes. When you copy and paste, please choose "14" as the size. Sorry, I had mentioned using "default," but I think actually picking the size of the font (which is 14) works best. 

Does magnesium has stimulating properties? What dosage of magnesium do you recommend as small? Ok on the 14 font.

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Ok I just found the doctors best tablets on amazon and will start with 25 mg at night. Can I do EPsom salts at the same time or just one or the other?

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus

You'll likely be okay with an Epsom salt bath in addition to the 25 mg at night, since 25 mg is a rather low dose. You're right to start low and work your way up. 

Please let us know how you do. 

I can’t thank you enough for your support shep.  

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Shep I am having a terrible day today.   On top of that I am very concerned about my nutrition as I have had no appetite for two months.  Can I add a powdered greens drink supplement as long as it is just greens no added vitamins.  There is one called daily green boost that a vegan friend of mine recommended

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

It has some b vitamins but not added, from the greens. It’s made from raw barley wheat grass

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Cjeanr said:

Can I add a powdered greens drink supplement as long as it is just greens no added vitamins.  There is one called daily green boost that a vegan friend of mine recommended

Is this powdered greens drink processed in anyway? Are you a vegan? The vegan diet can be very hard to get certain nutrients, especially if you can't take certain supplements during withdrawal, so please be careful with your diet. 

Anything you add in, do so at a low amount to see how it affects you. 

March 22

6;34 am 10 mg Prozac 60 mg np thyroid

6:45 am reading cbt book feel down and hopeless - will I ever feel better

8 am started feeling very sleepy and calm almost fell asleep, but then abruptly woke up to anxiety and a wave, trying to let it be, it’s so hard I just want to feel better.  

9 am still in the wave thank god for surviving antidepressants and the support I am getting on there to help me understand all this. Doesn’t make it any more pleasant but knowing it’s “normal” for where I am is helpful. 

11:30 am feeling down and sad, had some diarrhea and dizziness 

12 pm at I’ll down did relaxation exercise from dare

12.:30 was able to get up and bathe 

12:55 reading in bed not feeling great 

3 Pm still feeling down and anxious. Day 6 on Prozac, trying hard not to take Ativan but having a hard time calming down. Been in a wave most of the day. 

5 pm feel a little better but scared anxiety will be back

And it is, manifesting as a tightness in my chest with shallow breathing

Pretty much remained that way throughout the rest of the evening and the whole night.  Tried to do breathing exercises, was able to relax a bit by listening to meditation music and breathing and maybe got a few hours of sleep at best. Listening to dare challenge day 2 bodily sensations

3:45 am up, same tightness in chest and shallow breathing. Put music back on, but have not been able to settle in

4:55 am still awake still feeling same. I need relief from these feelings.

6:03 am 10 mg Prozac 60 mg np thyroid

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Here is the link to the greens drink. I am not a vegan, but my appetite has decreased so much that I am not getting nutrients. I have to date lost 23 pounds and I am not eating well due to no appetite.

https://www.dailygreenboost.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50#highquality

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't add that greens drink in. It has too many vitamins in it, so if you do react to it, you won't know which vitamin caused it. Also, it's not going to add weight, since it only has 35 calories per serving. Since you're not a vegan, you should be able to get the majority of what you need through diet, so that drink may be a risk you don't want to take right now. Just some thoughts. 

Are you now underweight? If so, you may want to add in butter to your foods to add calories. Are there any other high calorie foods that you could add in? Do you have any dietary restrictions due to other health conditions, such as diabetes? 

Some snacks, like a handful of almonds, contain a lot of protein and calories and it's something you could add in as a snack during the day. 

Is your appetite suppressed due to nausea or due to anxiety? You may want to listen to a guided meditation before trying to eat to see if that calms down a nervous stomach. 

You may want to wait to add anything in until you have a chance to try the magnesium you ordered. 

Sorry, I can't remember if we already asked this before, but when did you last have your thyroid checked? 

My thyroid had been checked recently. The appetite decrease is due to nerves. I am not underweight but if I continue in this direction much longer I may be.  I had to cave and take a .25 ativan this morning to try to relax my chest so I can breathe. It’s not doing much for me, but I did check my md and she thinks it could help in the short term.  I’m really not sure at this point how much of the anxiety is from withdrawal or changing medication, orwhats happening in the outside world. Probably a combination. I’m just having trouble coping. I do have my husband here with me most times, but he is going to his work today to tie up loose ends so I will,be alone.  

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, Cjeanr said:

On 3/21/2020 at 6:25 AM, Shep said:

Please decide if you wish to continue with the Ativan this often. If so, you'll want to take the same dose every day and then taper off it later. If not, I would stop using it before you become dependent on it, if you're not already. 

Just a reminder about the Ativan.

At this point, you may be dependent. If you think this is true, you'll need to set up a schedule where you're taking a set amount of this drug every day, at the same dose and the same times of the day. Please note due to Ativan's short half life, it's best to take it 3 or more times a day to keep from going into interdose withdrawal. 

Since sometimes you're taking .5 mg and sometimes .25 mg, you'll need to decide which dose you want to target and then divide it up into three doses. 

Please post your thoughts on this. I'm wondering if some of your symptoms are Ativan withdrawal at this point. If so, you may want to go on it full time and then taper off it when you're off the antidepressant. 

It sounds like you may be dealing with a symptom called "air hunger." You may find these tips helpful for managing air hunger.

Managing Shortness of Breath video (5 minutes)

Managing an acute episode of shortness of breath video (6 minutes)

And this is a good breathing exercise to handle stress and anxiety:

4-7-8 Breathing Exercise by GoZen video (3.5 minutes)

My thyroid had been checked recently. The appetite decrease is due to nerves. I am not underweight but if I continue in this direction much longer I may be.  I had to cave and take a .25 ativan this morning to try to relax my chest so I can breathe. It’s not doing much for me, but I did check my md and she thinks it could help in the short term.  I’m really not sure at this point how much of the anxiety is from withdrawal or changing medication, orwhats happening in the outside world. Probably a combination. I’m just having trouble coping. I do have my husband here with me most times, but he is going to his work today to tie up loose ends so I will,be alone.  

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

I don’t know how I could be dependent on it. I’ve probably taken it 10 times in 8 weeks. But I think for me to get over this anxiety I will have to use it while this crisis in our country is going on.  Do you have to take it three times a day? What if two times does the trick? I will go to .5 I think since the .25 didn’t do anything.

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Cjeanr said:

I don’t know how I could be dependent on it. I’ve probably taken it 10 times in 8 weeks.

How many times have you taken it in the past 2 weeks? From your comment I quoted in my post above, you mentioned taking it 4 or 5 times during the week, and in today's post, you mentioned taking it again. So that's 5 or 6 days within the past couple of weeks. This is bordering on dependency, especially with about 3 months of periodic use. 

If you don't think you're dependent, then please stop taking it. At this rate, you're going to become dependent. 

8 minutes ago, Cjeanr said:

But I think for me to get over this anxiety I will have to use it while this crisis in our country is going on.

if you really don't think you're dependent on it, I would not start taking it every day to deal with every day anxiety.

I know this is a very unusual time to be alive with a pandemic going on, but please think if this is what you really want to do. 

The only reason to continue taking a benzo is to stave off withdrawal because you became dependent on it. 

To add in a drug to deal with life anxiety, you really need to work with your doctor, not an online withdrawal forum dedicated to helping people come off these drugs. We don't have the resources for this. 

16 minutes ago, Cjeanr said:

Do you have to take it three times a day? What if two times does the trick? I will go to .5 I think since the .25 didn’t do anything.

Cjeanr, benzos only work for 2 - 4 weeks, so you wouldn't be taking it to "do anything" more than stave off withdrawal.  That's why people keep taking benzos. But if you're not dependent on it, than you don't need to continue. 

Again, these are not good drugs to take to help with anxiety, just for mitigating withdrawal if you're dependent on it. 

Please get informed on this class of drugs. This is a good place to start:

10 Things Uninformed Benzodiazepine Prescribers Do

This feels like more than everyday anxiety. Coupled with corona virus concerns and being stuck in for an uncertain amount of time, and adjusting to Prozac, coming off lexapro, and an abrupt switch from Wellbutrin and Zoloft to lexapro, I don’t know what I am withdrawing from.  My nervous system is so sensitized right now being switched around from the different meds.  My objective is to stabilize on the Prozac for a while and when that happens start a very slow taper off.  But there are literally moments when I just don’t feel like it’s worth living to feel the anxiety I am feeling.  I will not take actions on those thoughts, but they scare me just the same.  How bad is a taper from Ativan 

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Once the magnesium arrives I will start with that . How about cbd oil for anxiety?

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

Very scary point well taken. My doctor is the one who said it’s safe for short term but now you’ve scared me. Magnesium being delivered tomorrow.  Can I take that throughout the day.

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily

FYI, I have made an apt to see a holistic psychiatrist who can help me deal with these symptoms naturally and when the time is right help me taper off. 

cjeanr56

60 mg np thyroid daily