Cjeanr: Prozac bridge information

Cjeanr

Alto, I can not tolerate the Prozac for one more day. I have had a three day anxiety attack.The psych suggests switching to low dose of Zoloft, as I didn’t have any side affects on Zoloft until we added it to Wellbutrin and increased the dose to 50. My question is this: she says to direct switch..stop 10mg Prozac today, start 12.5 mg Zoloft tomorrow.  Should there be a short flush out period here or a cross taper?  Once I get stabilized on Zoloft I can work on tapering off that unless a low dose of Zoloft gets me where I want to be. As for dose equivalencies. Is 12.5 Zoloft equal to 5 mg Prozac?

cjeanr56

prozac 1995 thru 2018 successful taper by March 2019

back on Zoloft and Wellbutrin may 2019 lots of anxiety 25 mg Zoloft to start then added Wellbutrin 100 mg x a day, changed to 150 xl 1x day. Increase Zoloft to 50.

direct switch to lexapro Jan 2020 lots of anxiety at all doses from 5 to 10 during 7 weeks

ativan as needed .25 up to 3x a day started jan 2020 but have not used much for fear of dependency

60 mg np thyroid daily

doc wants me to direct switch to 10 mg Prozac which I did March 17

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cjeanr

• Altostrata

• Shep

• Erell

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
On 4/7/2020 at 5:09 PM, Altostrata said:

The blood serum level of Prozac is not relevant. What is relevant is that it seems the amount you're taking is too much for you.

We've been talking about this for a long time.

We have been urging you to reduce Prozac for almost 2 months. When you reduce the dosage, generally adverse effects also reduce.

Even so, we recommend you reduce by 10% so you don't add withdrawal syndrome to your problems. Are you able to get a prescription for liquid Prozac from your doctor?

What we do here is help people minimize their drugs. Are you looking to find a good drug for you? We don't do that. We don't treat psychiatric disorders.

If you believe you need to take 10mg Prozac for a psychiatric disorder despite the adverse effects, you may be better off  with your doctor's solution. You can do that. We won't be involved any more. Good luck.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, Altostrata said:

Adverse effects should decrease as you decrease the dosage.

1mL of the liquid will contain 4mg Prozac. For 10mg Prozac, you'd take 2.5mL of the liquid.

Be sure to ask the pharmacist for a 5mL and a smaller 2mL or 1mL oral syringe, which will come in handy later on.

As you know, we have been telling you that you may be taking too much Prozac, and recommending you reduce the dosage.

If we thought a switch to another drug would help, we would have suggested it.

You may prefer to take your doctor's advice. If so, please take your questions to her. She gets paid to do this, we don't.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.