Lzieb: Zoloft 25mg 6 days

Lzieb

• Administrator

Did you read the topics in

Have you made any modifications to improve your sleep, such as darkening your bedroom and keeping it cool?

Most people here have had adverse reactions of one sort or another to psychiatric drugs.

No, I don't know of any gynecologists in Maryland. Very few doctors know anything of psychiatric adverse reactions or withdrawal. You'll have to tell doctors you're hyper-reactive to psychiatric drugs.

There are sites about perimenopause and menopause, you may wish to join them to get tips on how to manage symptoms. The fewer drugs you take, the better.

Antidepressants are often prescribed for perimenopause and menopause.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Please see the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions of allergy treatments.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi, I have started a bout of insomnia. I can't fall asleep and only can get sleep after a few hours of sleep meditation and hypnosis. I feel like my brain can't imagine.

From 12-7 I may get sleep but it's broken up several times and I have to do the meditation to get back to sleep.

I just started following the sleep hygiene from the other post about sleep. Here is what I am doing. 

No TV or devices after 8

No bright lights

Reading or quietly doing something 

In bed by 10

I have also been coming out after a period of time of not falling asleep to do some light reading. I read that helps

In fairness, I just started this new protocol

I take melatonin at 8 (sunset) and I am up to .75 of a tablet. I started at 3/4 of a half. In three days I have increased until .75. I did get a headache last night but that could also be female related (not to be too TMI)

How long does it take to restart our sleep cycle where we can fall asleep. Any suggestions or corrections. 

Has anyone else felt like the reactions to their medicine has changed their ability to imagine? I used to have swirling thoughts. Now my mind seems like it changed the way it processes. Will that get better?

Thanks 

LZie, Zoloft 25 mg, 3/31/20-4/6/20

I'm struggling right now. Brain feels like it's on fire and my chest hurts. I think taking the melatonin set my system back. I'm having a very hard day today. Is there anything I can do to relieve my symptoms

• Administrator

How is this symptom different from those you have had in the last 19 days?

You can expect surges of symptoms. Please read

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Lzieb said:

Hi, I have started a bout of insomnia. I can't fall asleep and only can get sleep after a few hours of sleep meditation and hypnosis. I feel like my brain can't imagine.

This is promising. How much sleep do you get?

You have just started a sleep protocol. You'll have to give your body time to adjust to it.

Are you by nature a impatient person who expects instant results? You will need to learn to be patient.

@Altostrata, Thank you for the post, I think it's female related as it seems that can exacerbate the situation. My head is on fire, my tremors are worse and my chest is in pain. I thought it was related to the melatonin but maybe it's because it's my time of the month. This was the worst I've ever felt...mostly my head. I took a 200 ibuprofen and it calmed my head down a lot. I might take another.

Should I try the melatonin?

So yes I do need to be more patient. There are things I am very patient about (my kids and husband) but not so much with my health. That will take a lot of time.

Also, is there anyway if I can ask in a forum if there are any Christians who are struggling too? I would like to reach out and be mutually encouraging but I don't want to violate the rules. Thx

@Altostrata, , I made the mistake of reading the post about severe instant adverse reactions to medicine. I just want encouragement that healing is possible...even if it takes years

My symptoms are mostly manageable with pockets of severe within them. Are there cases where is gets worse? Like significant regression (Other then surges). The windows and waves seemed to always progress up, even if slowly.

One member

@Laura1981, mentioned a site where all these people completely recovered do you know the site? 

Can you tell me the symptoms difference between adverse reaction and withdrawl? Sorry. Hard morning reading this. 

4 hours ago, Lzieb said:

@Altostrata, I wanted to ask you about a possible symptom? I couldn't find it in the symptom thing.

Has anyone ever felt like there neck is heavy (harder to hold it up) and their body too (slower movement)? Is that a symptom? Thanks 

Also I wasn't able to fall asleep until 2 in the morning last night. I am following the protocol but can't seem to get tired until after 12-2

• Administrator

Lz, when we say "patient", we mean more than a few days.

Keep at the sleep regimen.

You may be interested in our Finding meaning forum.

I took my normal magnesium today - 1 pill at breakfast and lunch. Had a calm gummies a little while ago. Anything else I can do?

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, Lzieb said:

. Anything else I can do?

The only supplement, other than magnesium, that we recommend is omega fish oil.  Start at a low dose and see how it works.  It is calming to the system.

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

The following links deal with coping with anxiety.  The last link to the restorative yoga pose I've found very helpful with anxiety.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Gridley, thank you,  I realized I took D3 today. Am wondering if I am reacting to it

I know I ask a lot of questions but I am thankful for everyone's help

It's not severe it's just constant and annoying. It's def mixed with tremors. Any help with tremors

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Lzieb said:

I took my normal magnesium today - 1 pill at breakfast and lunch. Had a calm gummies a little while ago. Anything else I can do?

I merged this post here because it's a "what should I do?" question that doesn't make a lot of sense out of the context of your Introductions topic.

You are in the unfortunate position of being a person who wants to take a pill to fix a problem but who cannot, due to adverse reaction to Zoloft.

Because this is a site for going off drugs, we emphasize that people have to take responsibility for coping with symptoms without drugs. That is why we have topics such as

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Coping with irritation, anger and rage

Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for depression, and withdrawal symptoms

Unlearn Your Pain and Anxiety - Dr. Howard Schubiner

and the other 30 topics in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum about anxiety.

Please use search in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum and read and participate in existing topics, which may answer your question, before starting a new topic pertaining only to yourself. Thank you.

@Altostrata, I am sorry. I am having a hard time knowing where to post things.  Not trying to be a pain. I'm not trying to take a pill to fix things, I read your threads and see what you all have done and what you all have tried. I am tying to do my homework. As for anything I can do, I know I read people take magnesium baths. I am still unsure how all this works. 

• Administrator

You're going to find some things help and some things don't. Supplements often work for a little while, then you don't feel the benefit anymore.

You will need to be patient and use non-drug techniques to manage some of your symptoms.

@Altostrata, ok. Thanks. BTW, the calm gummies are just magnesium gummies. I read one of the moderators talk about them so I purchased them. I took it after my anxiety came like he said he did. The difference today was the D3 which clearly I won't take anymore

• Administrator

You will need to experiment to find out what works. We're all about self-care here. Please read the existing discussions about magnesium, etc. and ask questions in the appropriate topics for the community to answer.

• Moderator Emeritus
52 minutes ago, Lzieb said:

I am having a hard time knowing where to post things.

Post everything about your situation right here.

Post everything about your son and Prozac in your other Introduction link, which is:

Lzieb 's son Withdrawing my 11 year old son from fluoxetine

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Altostrata, I def think the D3 made everything worse. Destabilized everything. I feel worse then I have In weeks although I didn't get much sleep last night and I am on my cycle. I had no idea something as simple as D3 could do something like this. I am wondering if taking the melatonin, the ibuprofen and then the D3 all in a week was too much

When you destabilize your already messed up system, Will it get back to what is was? I am hoping this ii just a blip and I will feel better tomorrow. Today im just not ok. 

I imagine some of this is also cortisol levels as I always have a hard time in the morning and then it calms by lunch. Is there a way to recover ground if I take it easy and not take anything else?

Could it also be a wave since the last two days were also hard... although not like this?

Do you think I still have time to reinstate and slowly taper? I've been off for 20 days now. Should someone do that with an immediate adverse reaction or just let time pass. I know I have a lot of questions but I don't know what to do right now and I need some help

I am very thankful for your help. I just saw your YouTube video. Your story is inspiring

I took Zoloft for 6 days at 25mg. Been off 21 days today. I have had mild to severe symptoms but I don't want to go through months or years of this if there is a better/smarter way. The last three days have been really hard for me and so I want to at least try reinstatement of fluxotine at a smaller dose. I need help. 

I have 10mg of fluxotine and I figured I can do a switch from Zoloft to fluxotine. I need help to know how to do this. Will this help if I had an adverse reaction to Zoloft? 

I read that if I take a small enough dose I will know if it will be effective. I'd like help and thoughts. If it's an adverse reaction that I did have, will reinstatement of another drug help?

Thx

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Lzieb said:

I have 10mg of fluxotine and I figured I can do a switch from Zoloft to fluxotine. I need help to know how to do this. Will this help if I had an adverse reaction to Zoloft? 

As Brassmonkey wrote you previously, we do not recommend trying to medicate oneself out of these situations.  It can complicate matters greatly and lead to a much longer recovery time.  We are a site for going off drugs, not trying new ones.  If trying new drugs is the route you want to take, that needs to be between you and your doctor.

Please do not start a new topic every time you want to ask a question.  If you have a question or comment about your situation, you should post only on your existing Introduction topic.  If you have a question or comment about your son's situation, post only on his Introduction topic.  If you are confused about how to find your or your son's Introduction topic, type in Lzieb in the "search" space in the upper right corner of every page and press enter.  This will take you to both Introduction topics.  Click on the topic you want (yours or your son's) and you will be taken to that topic.  Scroll down to the end of that topic and you will see a place for a new entry.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

I'm sorry I thought it was an option to try. I am just in a lot of pain today. I am not trying to start new topics in the wrong place. Sorry

• Moderator Emeritus
36 minutes ago, Lzieb said:

Sorry

That's fine, Lzieb.  We're here to help you.  Unfortunately, there are going to be some bad days.  You will heal.  It's just going to take some time and patience.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Administrator

If you think vitamin D3 made your symptoms worse, stop taking it.

As you know, we advise making only one change at a time.

Many women find they have insomnia at times in their cycle. This is not a condition we can fix here.

You are asking the same questions over and over. Please go back to the beginning of this topic and re-read it.

@Altostrata, I am sorry. I am not tying to mess everything up. I have a hard time thinking right now and figuring out where things go. I had thought i was supposed to post symptoms in the symptoms and self care page. It wont happen again. So I will only  open to current threads and post my questions about me here. I have it now. You are also right that I am reasking the same questions. Today has been exceptionally horrible with pain and symptoms...worse then any other day. They came out of nowhehre as I was doing pretty well and then this...it threw me for a loop and I am just having a very, very hard time. Thank you for being gracious to me

Had a bad week this week. Today is a better day. Still have the shakes at time and had some breathing issues at night. Hoping it doesn't come back. Felt sad today because I was trying to talk to someone on the phone and didn't make much sense. I hate that my mind isn't sharp. 

I do have a question about exercise, is it ok to exercise normally right now? Also, any issues with eating fermented foods?

Today is a very bad day. My body hurts all over. I wonder if I will survive this. I am barely sleeping. This is awful. I can't imagine going through this for a long time. Today Is not a good day

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, Lzieb said:

is it ok to exercise normally right now?

Many people in withdrawal find strenuous exercise to be overstimulating.  We recommend a gentle walk in nature.

Some foods that are fine for people not in withdrawal don't agree with those who are.  With any food that you have a question about, start with eating only a small amount and see how it goes.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@Gridley, thx. I think I'm in a bad wave. My body hurts so much right now. I cant sleep. Everything got thrown off with my cycle which started last Sunday. I am wondering if I will get better soon and if my sleep will restore. Does it usually? It's so wierd because I will be so exhausted all day and exhausted in bed but I can't sleep- 1.5 hours of broken sleep. I feel like my body won't be able to make it. My heart feels like it's going to explode.

Should people like me try glycine for sleep or are we in a unique spot? I see many of you guys use it. But I know you guys are having a different battle. I don't want to do anything to make my situation worse so that's why I'm asking. I think I'll start taking magnesium at night too. I am taking magnesium glycinate right now

I know this is just fear talking but to be in this much physical pain and not be able to sleep is so difficult

Thank you for always responding to my posts. I appreciate it. This is scary and lonely and it's nice to get encouragement.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Lzieb

Some people have had success with glycine; some others have not.  Here's a link.

Glycine for sleep? - Surviving Antidepressants

Insomnia is one of the most common symptoms of withdrawal/adverse reaction.  Here are some links that I hope will be helpful to you.

Tips to help sleep - so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   
See Melatonin for sleep   It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

On 5/2/2020 at 1:59 AM, Lzieb said:

@Gridley, thx. I think I'm in a bad wave. My body hurts so much right now. I cant sleep. Everything got thrown off with my cycle which started last Sunday. I am wondering if I will get better soon and if my sleep will restore. Does it usually? It's so wierd because I will be so exhausted all day and exhausted in bed but I can't sleep- 1.5 hours of broken sleep. I feel like my body won't be able to make it. My heart feels like it's going to explode.

Should people like me try glycine for sleep or are we in a unique spot? I see many of you guys use it. But I know you guys are having a different battle. I don't want to do anything to make my situation worse so that's why I'm asking. I think I'll start taking magnesium at night too. I am taking magnesium glycinate right now

I know this is just fear talking but to be in this much physical pain and not be able to sleep is so difficult

Thank you for always responding to my posts. I appreciate it. This is scary and lonely and it's nice to get encouragement.

I have been in your situation and the uncertainty of it, makes you desperate for a quick fix.

Unfortunately  there isn't one. Only time heals and no suppliment in the world will help.

I have been there,  done that, wasted so much time and money,  chasing dead ends.

Time is your only healer. Don't take anything,  let your brain heal.

Yes you will experience,  insomnia,  anxiety,  panic, intrusive thoughts, feeling like you are losing your mind, weird bodily sensations,  feeling like your hart is about to explode,  crying spells, nausia, weight loss, night sweats, and I can go on.

But the reality of the situation is that majority of people heal. 

So hang in there,  and if you treat your nervous system gently, you will heal faster. If you start experimenting with different drugs/suppliments it will take you much longer to heal.

Take it from me, who has done all of those things and it took me years to recover. 

Take care, Hopefull. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(