LostRunner: took citalopram for 7 days - feel terrible 7 weeks later

LostRunner

Thanks for your uplifting words @LostRunner  I will keep them in mind!

I made a compromis with myself, if i ever am able to do my groceries again myself. Then i'm ok with life even if it will be that basic life for the rest of my life.

Good to see that you at least reached that point, and are getting better over time. That's very hopefull :) 

Stay the course! and talk later

1Wish

Fluoxetine 10mg 2 months 2019

Paroxetine 10mg 8 months 2020. tapered in 30 days, severe withdrawal symptoms when i tapered (30day-taper)

Paroxetine 10mg re-instatement for 2 months 2020, adverse reaction that crippled me completely.

DEC 2020 - Drug free

DEC 2021 - 1 year later doing terrible and still deteriorating

DEC 2022 - Fought for my life 2 years long only to end up worse than ever. Utterly disabled and torturous inhumane pain - intensity 20 on a scale of 10... 24/7 hell.

Lost my health, my job, my friends, my marriage and i can go on to the greed of pharmaceutical companies.

31 year old male, before this i was an athletic runner that ran 10km in 50minutes, now i can't barely walk or prepare food because my legs and body affected badly. Housebound.

improvements, only psychological symptoms improved. Physically worsening over the months. Especially my ability to walk, Now use wheelchair inside the house, on disability pay, household care. Body burns like hell, neuropathy from head to toe. I guess i won the sufferlottery. Please never re-instate. I don't know what exactly happened but it's definitely no withdrawal.

• 1 year later...
On 11/5/2022 at 12:53 PM, LostRunner said:

Hi @1WishToHeal, so sorry to hear you're still struggling so horribly. I have definitely made progress, without a shadow of a doubt. I can only say, just keep going. the changes do happen but they may be microscopic and so you can't really notice them at the time, it's only say 6 months later you might look back and see there has been an improvement in something. I hope this becomes the case for you. I too found the mental improvements definitely started to get better after around 18 months, but the physical symptoms have been much much slower. 

I know I'd love to get back to running, i miss it so much and can't believe I could just do it before. However I can say that i can easily go and get groceries now, which i definitely couldn't do for a very long time without it being reallly really horrible both mentally and physically. Just give it more time and i hope you start to get a bit of ease in your body, it truly is mortifying when you cant do the things that you wouldn't have thought twice about before. Thanks for the support, keep going, the changes will come!

Hi LostRunner,

Happy New Year. 

How is the weather where you are? Here in Surrey is snowed today.

How are your muscles in your back and torso?

Mine are getting better as lowly but it is still up s as me down.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:43 PM, LostRunner said:

Thanks @jozeff and @Farout - I have so many symptoms, are there cases of people with so many symptoms improving?? My sleep is deteriorating again which is so crap. I have moments where my thoughts genuinely scare me - like how can I possibly do this for any longer? They are intense!

How is your wife now @jozeff

@Farout can windows be as short as an hour? sometimes I feel an hour or so where I'm able to concentrate on a game or whatever. not symptomless by any means but I'm able to engage. How long did it take for you to start feeling a bit better? how bad were you? 

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• 1 month later...

@LostRunner how are you doing now? I think of you from time to time. I hope that your recent lack of posts means that things are getting better for you.

Age 6-8: Luvox    Age 7-9: clonidine

Age 7-14: Ritalin, Adderall, other stims

Age 15-18: 20mg Celexa, 300mg Wellbutrin, 1mg Tenex 2x a day, 50mg Seroquel.

Quit all meds cold turkey at age 18 (2014), causing serious anxiety, emotional blunting, dysphoria, lack of concentration, fatigue. It’s been a long journey, but not every part of every day is painful anymore.