How to cope with despair...

Cat416

Hi All

im at the bottom end of two very rapid tapers. I finished the Anti Psychotic (Nozinan) two months ago and rapid tapered Gabapentin from 1200mg to 600mg in one month. Holding on any further tapering at this stage. Feeling like my life is wrecked. What toolkits are there to help with feelings of discouragement and isolation....my life seems shattered....

April 2019 ct from Clonazepan (Klonopin) 0.5mg. Chaotic CT

Gabapentin November 2019 600mg Chaotic RT

Nozinan November 2019. RT

ct Gabapentin and Nozinan May 2020

Seroquel in July 2020 90mg. Reduced to 50mg in Feb 2020 over one month. Too fast!!

Lexapro July 2020 5mg

Propranolol to control Tachycardia 2020. 15mg given in December 2020 on Cardiologist recommendation. 

HI Cat- I found direct messaging brassmonkey on here very helpful- he has amazing info and tons of it...how are you holding up?

Was on Lexapro for 66 days starting in early January.  5mg for a week, 10mg for 3, 7.5 for 3 days, then 5mg and 2.5mg for approx two weeks after.  

Was on Lithium for 60 days starting in late January. 1 300mg ER pill a day.  Stopped CT

Was given a .5 ativan script in early Jan.  Took it maybe 20x total from early Jan to beg of June, 2020.

-Fall of 2019:  had two vertigo attacks for the first time with no warning, each followed by 4-5 days of morning dizziness.

-Last Friday of 2019:  had first ever, out of the blue, panic attack.  Went to ER- didn't know what was happening.  Was diagnosed w/GAD, even though had never had anxiety or depression problems before.  Basically no health problems at all prior to this, and in very good shape emotionally, physically, and mentally.

-4 days after panic attack given lexapro.  That's when the hell began.  Was on it 66 days.  Reacted badly to it.  Gave me suicidal ideation 4 wks after starting it, plus exhaustion, off the charts anxiety, dizziness, and fatigue.  Did a fast taper over 5 wks.  Was on it 66 days total.

-been off lexapro completely since mid-March, 2020.  First 3 weeks I got better and better.  Then, week 4 into WD got slammed.  Since then, over 64 side effects/symptoms.  Can't drive.  At times, barely surviving.

-since Jan., have been to the e r 16x.

-was given lithium after experienced SI from lexapro to as a "mood stabilizer".  Never really noticed anything from it, nor anything after stopping it, except for a few days of heightened depression about a week after.

-was given low dosage ativan script 2nd week into lexapro to deal with the anxiety/panic spike caused by the lexapro.  Took it perhaps 20x between Jan and June, 2020.  Always made me feel better, but last time it was taken (early June) experienced intrusive thoughts after so stopped it.  Didn't feel any negative reaction from stopping it, perhaps b/c it was taken so infrequently and the dosage was so low. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy