Jump to content
squirrel

Body temperature dysregulation: fever, chills, shivering, too hot, too cold, flashes, flushes

Recommended Posts

Orangeblossom77

I am getting this a lot, I find hot baths and showers very helpful. I get hot flushes too though. they aren't so bad

it is the cold shivers I find the worst. I have two showers and a bath at the mo and also go in the sauna after swimming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
India
On 1/9/2019 at 8:23 PM, Callie said:

Hello, India!

 

I'm so sorry to hear about your icy shivering. I know just how uncomfortable and frustrated you must feel. As far as I know, you are doing everything possible to warm up. I've had the same issue and even had to wear layers of clothing, including long underwear, in the middle of summer--90 degree weather.

 

Yes, and as far as I know again, lavendertealatte is right. It will go away but will take time. Everyone is different. I can finally say that for me, this particular symptom--along with bodily heat surges--is just about gone. Please know and believe deep down that this too shall pass for you. Hang on to hope and do your best to get through it.

 

Healing thoughts are coming your way from me,

 

Callie

@Callie I just saw this. Thank you , this really fills me with hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chuck83

My hands and legs are terribly cold, after an adverse reaction to a paracetamol tablet a week ago, to treat a flu with fever at 40 ° C.  I usually have warm hands and legs,  It's a horrible feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
India
On 2/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Chuck83 said:

My hands and legs are terribly cold, after an adverse reaction to a paracetamol tablet a week ago, to treat a flu with fever at 40 ° C.  I usually have warm hands and legs,  It's a horrible feeling.

Welcome to my world. I don’t even sweat in a sauna!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hayduke

I started noticing hot flushes, sometimes with anxiety attacks, about 7 or 8 years ago.  I was taking risperidone then.

 

I struggle a lot in hot weather now, finding it very uncomfortable.  This hasn't improved since switching back to olanzapine in 2015.

 

Both these symptoms are persisting into withdrawal.  It's heartening to see people here reporting that it improves.

 

Inability to tolerate the heat limits my ability to exercise which is really frustrating.  There's a warning with the olanzapine not to exert yourself in the heat.

 

Australia + climate change + summer + dysregulation == hell on earth, lately. 

 

Week after week of hot weather with just a tease of colder temps now and again has been pretty much non-stop discomfort for five months.  We are finally seeing something like autumn in Sydney just the last couple of days.  It's hard to explain how frustrating it's been, thinking the cooler weather had arrived, then having to deal with more heat.  My body just crashed for a couple of days in sheer relief.

 

Sleep quality degrades a lot when it's warmer, and sleep is one of the keys and challenges to getting off these chemicals ok.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Denas1969

Low body temperature

 

I am averaging a temp of 96.7.  Is this from WD or may I have something else going on?  The only thing I can find searching the internet is another controversial illness Wilsons temp syndrome.  Anyone having same issue?

Edited by ChessieCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
India
On 1/9/2019 at 8:23 PM, Callie said:

Hello, India!

 

I'm so sorry to hear about your icy shivering. I know just how uncomfortable and frustrated you must feel. As far as I know, you are doing everything possible to warm up. I've had the same issue and even had to wear layers of clothing, including long underwear, in the middle of summer--90 degree weather.

 

Yes, and as far as I know again, lavendertealatte is right. It will go away but will take time. Everyone is different. I can finally say that for me, this particular symptom--along with bodily heat surges--is just about gone. Please know and believe deep down that this too shall pass for you. Hang on to hope and do your best to get through it.

 

Healing thoughts are coming your way from me,

 

Callie

@Callie Thank you so much for this encouragement. Struggling at the moment due to winter. The only time I felt warm this week was in the sauna after 20 minutes.. A very hopeful message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drugged

After I started on venlafaxine and before I was put on any of the other drugs I began sweating excessively.  I was working out a lot then and of course I'd work up a sweat but this was different.  My workout clothes would be dripping wet even in cool weather.  In the last few years I've started having night sweats alternating with waking up freezing cold.  I can't tolerate being outside when it's hot now, not even the dry heat in Arizona.  

 

I've always had cold hands and feet but about three years ago my toes began to turn completely white when they got cold and when I'd warm them up with a heating pad or in warm water they would change color to a dark bluish-purple.  It's really strange because there's a clear demarcation line at the base of each toe between the normal color and the odd color.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superwoman
On 8/7/2012 at 10:31 PM, Altostrata said:

Nadia, the pounding heart is a sign of autonomic dumping. Sounds like your temp dysregulation is withdrawal-related.

What is autonomic dumping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shane88L

First time I've read about this, and it has been happening to me since quitting zyprexa cold turkey. I'm about 14 months into my withdrawals and I still experience, what I would describe as shooting shivers of hot/cold going up and down my body. I thought it was anxiety related. I used to get shivers down my spine when I listened to beautiful music or watched a lovely scene etc, but now, I get these intense shootings of strange sensations that happen often each day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junglechicken

This is a "NEW" symptom for me.

 

I never used to feel the cold, and during the cold spells this winter I have felt absolutely freezing, to the point I thought I had the flu.  Took my temperature and it was normal.

 

Wake up in the morning, and I am too hot, hair is damp as though I have had night sweats.

 

Also, if the heating is too high in the room where I do yoga, I find it way too hot and start over-heating.  And I mean dripping with sweat.

 

My body appears to be going through its inventory of systems to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
getofflex

This temperature dysregulation (hot flashes only) seems to be my main wd symptom at this time. Oddly enough my periods stopped the same month I started my taper at age 56. So I’m sure menopause plays a major role in this as well. Every time I do a taper the hot flashes get more frequent and intense. The hot flash is preceded by a sick and nauseous feeling  for about a minute or two accompanied by a flash of anger and depression. Once the hot flash is over  I’m no longer feeling sick or angry or depressed. They are especially bad when I’m in a wave. the worst part is they interfere with my sleep significantly.  When they are bad they happen every 15 or 20 minutes. My theory is that the ad wd messes with my hormones.  the menopause and wd probably compound each other.  Ad wd is the most illogical thing. I didn’t have a significant uptick in wd symptoms until 3 weeks After this last taper. So I probably won’t do another taper until at least 5 or 6 weeks after the previous taper if I’m stabilized. Lately I’ve been waking up at about 4 am and having hot flashes every 20 minutes or so which makes it very difficult to go back to sleep. I cope by telling myself it could be worse and that this too shall pass. Acceptance is key.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junglechicken
38 minutes ago, getofflex said:

This temperature dysregulation (hot flashes only) seems to be my main wd symptom at this time. Oddly enough my periods stopped the same month I started my taper at age 56. So I’m sure menopause plays a major role in this as well. Every time I do a taper the hot flashes get more frequent and intense. The hot flash is preceded by a sick and nauseous feeling  for about a minute or two accompanied by a flash of anger and depression. Once the hot flash is over  I’m no longer feeling sick or angry or depressed. They are especially bad when I’m in a wave. the worst part is they interfere with my sleep significantly.  When they are bad they happen every 15 or 20 minutes. My theory is that the ad wd messes with my hormones.  the menopause and wd probably compound each other.  Ad wd is the most illogical thing. I didn’t have a significant uptick in wd symptoms until 3 weeks After this last taper. So I probably won’t do another taper until at least 5 or 6 weeks after the previous taper if I’m stabilized. Lately I’ve been waking up at about 4 am and having hot flashes every 20 minutes or so which makes it very difficult to go back to sleep. I cope by telling myself it could be worse and that this too shall pass. Acceptance is key.  

 

The question of whether WD compounds peri-meno/meno/post-meno has been an ongoing one on this forum.

 

Since ADs mess with the endocrine (hormonal) system (and every other system in the body), then it would only make sense that those of us going through "the change" would suffer even more.

 

I woke up too hot last night, then a few weeks ago, felt freezing cold and couldn't get warm.  Outside temperatures were lower for sure, but I had to have a hot water bottle constantly refilled with freshly boiled water to keep myself from suffering too much throughout the day.

 

It DOES pass, as at the time, when I thought I had the flu; I thought I would feel that miserable the rest of the winter, and I haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy