Neck and body feel heavy - symptom?

Lzieb

Has anyone ever felt like there neck is heavy (harder to hold it up) and their body too (slower movement)? Is that a symptom? Thanks 

LZie, Zoloft 25 mg, 3/31/20-4/6/20

• 4 weeks later...

My body feeling heavier was a symptom I had. It was more difficult to move my body feeling like there was greater resistance. I occasionally had feelings like my feet where stuck in mud and it was tough to lift them up when walking or I'd start to slow down walking not on purpose. For me this came and went in waves and seems to have gone away completely.

January 2018 - 50mg sertraline for only 2 days, had adverse reaction.

On 0 psych drugs now.

Took a very long time for symptoms to go away, got better mentally 100% in April 2020.

Turns out also had low vitamin d, low calcium and low thyroid in August 2020.

Treated with colecalciferol and now all physical symptoms gone. Possibly overlap between this issue & sertraline symptoms?

May 2021 Still taking colecalciferol, all physical symptoms gone. Unsure if this will return if I stop vit D for long time ?

Now consider myself fully healed.

Other medication: 5mg certirizine for allergic rhinitis once a day or when needed, cut down from 10mg just in case that was causing issue too since i've taken for over 8 years now.

FULLY RECOVERED NOW 🙂

• 3 years later...
On 4/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Lzieb said:

Has anyone ever felt like there neck is heavy (harder to hold it up) and their body too (slower movement)? Is that a symptom? Thanks 

I have this!  Do you still deal with this? 

Sertaline- tried 50 mg beginning of June 2023. Caused hyperreflexia.  So stopped after one dose. Tried several smaller doses that month.  Had burning and twitching so just stopped. 

Lexapro

June of 2023' 2.5 mg for two weeks 

July of 2023 5 mg for two weeks

July of 2023 7.5 mg for 2 weeks

August to mid September 10 mg

Mid September reduced to 7.5

October to October 15 reduced to 5

October 15 to October 30 reduced to 2.5 

October 30-off

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy