Dawnd

Dawnd: help to reinstate

Dawnd

@Altostrata hello, is there any information (articles) that talk about tapering off one med while in withdrawal from another?

Altostrata

We do not advise going off the second drug while you have withdrawal syndrome, unless the second drug is adding to your problems. Additional upset from tapering can make your withdrawal symptoms worse.

NomiSomi3

I also have the "brain swimming in skull", it did get slightly better. has it gone for you Dawnd 

Dawnd

@NomiSomi3 I still have the swimming Brian thing that comes and goes sadly.

Dawnd

@Frogie @Benzhelp @ChessieCat @Altostrata  hello...update and need to help...

I realized that I shouldn’t taper from the Gabapentin while in severe WD after 10 months off Effexor.

I was taking 100mg gabapentine 3x a day, dropped to 95mg for two days, then bumped up to 97.5 for 13 days. Two days I ago I went back up to 100mg and last night the nerve pain increased, the insomnia, and my head and hands are vibrating. 

Was it a bad choice to go back to my Original dose of 100mg ? Was it too late to Updose after a 15 day reduction? 

Frogie
1 hour ago, Dawnd said:

@Frogie @Benzhelp @ChessieCat @Altostrata  hello...update and need to help...

I realized that I shouldn’t taper from the Gabapentin while in severe WD after 10 months off Effexor.

I was taking 100mg gabapentine 3x a day, dropped to 95mg for two days, then bumped up to 97.5 for 13 days. Two days I ago I went back up to 100mg and last night the nerve pain increased, the insomnia, and my head and hands are vibrating. 

Was it a bad choice to go back to my Original dose of 100mg ? Was it too late to Updose after a 15 day reduction? 

I’m not an expert, but in my experience with tapering, you went up and down in dosage quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. Now your body is in wd mode. If it were me, I would hold and not adjust the dosage at all for a few weeks to stabilize again. You’re body is confused and needs to rest.

NomiSomi3

Dawnd

Are the brain swims most noticable when you are lying down with the side of your head resting on your pillow? 

IF so, have they gotten better? mines has, but it happens 24/7

Dawnd

Mine happens often also. When I’m laying down and when I’m not. It’s a common WD symptom from what I have read.