masa998899: Cithalopharm withdrawal, did i make a mistake?

masa998899

masa998899

Hello. Im new here and my english is not perfect. My story is 11 years of citalopharm 20mg.

I didnt have any information or support on this matter so this is what ive tried to do by myself. 2012 CT That caused me total burnout. After that i started again with 10mg.

2015 i started to smaller the dose by cutting the 10mg pill smaller and smaller by month and i stopped taking it completely after 2017

Ive had two times since then that my anxiety was so high that i got desperate and took 5mg dose only for a single day. My question is, has that set back my recovery? 

2020 now and i have all kinds of wd symptoms and trying to keep living day by day. If taking that one 5mg pill means i now have CT should i just roll with it. Been 1 year now since that happened.

Edited by Gridley
  • ChessieCat changed the title to masa998899: Cithalopharm withdrawal, did i make a mistake?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, masa99899.

Likely you are suffering from protracted withdrawal stemming from your 2012 CT and possibly your 2015-17 taper.  Did you have an immediate bad reaction to those two 5mg doses?  If so, it's likely you had an adverse reaction to those doses (adverse reaction symptoms are very similar to withdrawal symptoms).  If not, it is unlikely they had any significant effect.  It is unlikely you are experiencing withdrawal from two single-day doses.

Protracted Withdrawal or PAWS (post-acute withdrawal ...

You will heal, whether the cause is protracted withdrawal or adverse reaction, but unfortunately we can't predict the amount of time it will take.  Recovery is a slow and frustrating process, but it does occur.

What are our symptoms?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium  and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can asks questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thank you for the reply.

Cant remember what symptoms i had from the pill. My memory is foggy.

Problem has been complete lack of information and support. i havent gone to psychiatrist since my first prescription and few checkouts. I have zero trust in them. They work for the satan himself. I tried to find answers from regular doctors many times and took all kinds of tests and everytime they said you are healthy and normal. Only after finding this site past week i realised what ive been suffering these past two years.

I havent kept diary and i have memory problems so its difficult to say or point out timeline for my recovery. Also i have pushed my body to its limits trying to work through this madness. Now im unemployed.

Ive had good recovery from anxiety depression and anger issues. My mood swings are gone. I dont get panick attacs. I dont have anymore what i used to call laughcry attacks when my feelings went complete down and up and down again. 

My stomack is better but my body cant handle exercise. Biggest problem and fear of mine is my brain witch is dizzy and mild vertigo all the time. Headaces and eyepain also. 

I know my body will heal but is there any possibility that this dissiness will be permanent? 

Another thing im curious about. Is there any cases where doctors have admitted that patient has head trauma from these pills and can try to get some insurance payment. Its nice to imagine that doctors dont believe in these symptoms and leave you on your own. Then ill lose my house  since they ruined my health and i cant work anymore. 

But overall im happy that i now know what is wrong with me and there is a little hope in the horizon.

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

Welcome to SA, masa99899.

Likely you are suffering from protracted withdrawal stemming from your 2012 CT and possibly your 2015-17 taper.  Did you have an immediate bad reaction to those two 5mg doses?  If so, it's likely you had an adverse reaction to those doses (adverse reaction symptoms are very similar to withdrawal symptoms).  If not, it is unlikely they had any significant effect.  It is unlikely you are experiencing withdrawal from two single-day doses.

Protracted Withdrawal or PAWS (post-acute withdrawal ...

You will heal, whether the cause is protracted withdrawal or adverse reaction, but unfortunately we can't predict the amount of time it will take.  Recovery is a slow and frustrating process, but it does occur.

What are our symptoms?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium  and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can asks questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, masa998899 said:

Ive had good recovery from anxiety depression and anger issues. My mood swings are gone. I dont get panick attacs. I dont have anymore what i used to call laughcry attacks when my feelings went complete down and up and down again. 

That is very encouraging in terms of your healing.

my body cant handle exercise.

This is common in withdrawal.  Strenuous exercise tends to be overstimulating.  A gentle walk in nature is good, if you can handle that.

is there any possibility that this dissiness will be permanent? 

It is our experience that all withdrawal symptoms fed with time and the the damage is not permanent.

Is there any cases where doctors have admitted that patient has head trauma from these pills and can try to get some insurance payment.

I don't know.  If your Google "antidepressant litigation" you will find several threads on this topic.

But overall im happy that i now know what is wrong with me and there is a little hope in the horizon.

It's good to know what's wrong.  There is a lot of hope on the horizon.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 2 years later...

Hello. Does anyone have chest pains as withdrawal symptoms? Ive been having this burning sensation over my chest now over 4 years and its driving me crazy. Heart film is ok and i have appointment to lung check up next week. I just thought maybe these demon pills once again are the root cause. Somekind of neurolog ghost pain?

Hi ! I had A LOT of chest pain, and in my case, it was partly due to undiagnosed GERD... So you might want to check that out, if you haven't already.

Another thing that helped me was massages of the diaphragm.

I feel like yoga and physical therapy also made a difference. I'm much better now, even though I still have some occasional pain.

I hope you find relief !!

ke

December 2020 : got prescribed 20 mg paroxetine (paxil) for an anxiety disorder

Tried tapering in July 2021 by taking 20 mg every other day and failed.

Started tapering with the 10% method in January 2022 and switched to an oral suspension. 20 mg = 10 ml

Turned out to be a bit hard. Continuing with 5% drops approx.

25 January 2022 : 9 ml / 24 February 2022 : 8,1 ml / 06 April 2022 : 7,3 ml / 2 June 2022 : 7 ml / 11 July 2022 : 6,5 ml / 09 August 2022 : 6,3 ml / 26 August 2022 : 6 ml / 18 Septembre 2022 : 5,8 ml / 17 December 2022 : 5,7 ml / 04 January 2023 : 5,6 / 17 January 2023 : 5,5

Xanax from december 2020 to January 2021 / Omeprazol on and off for GERD since december 2020 : 20 mg / Birth control pill since february 2021.

• Administrator

@masa998899 please add your updates about your situation to this topic.

How has your symptom pattern changed in the last 6 months? Do the chest pains occur at any particular times of day? Do you smoke?

This is important: Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Why are you asking about chest pains that are probably from GERD?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I had Gerd diagnosed just last week. So when i asked i didn't jet know about it sorry for bothering. I thought this site was about asking questions but seems like i was mistaken. And what comes to my withdrawal history i cant put it up since i didn't keep diary or dates. I didn't follow 10% rule. I didn't have any information about anything. I was 2 years Into my withdrawal when i found this site. My med was citalopram thats all i can say. But i fought my way throught the pain and survived. Thats what i want to share to people. 

• Administrator

Good to hear those chest pains are probably not withdrawal symptoms, your question from February 6. Please read up on symptoms of GERD, such as "heartburn".

I gather you've recovered from citalopram withdrawal syndrome? Too bad we don't more detail about that and your drug history in your signature, because that would be valuable to the community. If you don't want to be just a taker, you might contribute that information.

Congratulations on your recovery.