angielynn78ii
Posted (edited)

angielynn78ii

Over the last 10 years I’ve been on antidepressants. At different stages I was on Pristiq, Celexa, Cymbalta, Viibryd and Prozac. I was also on Lamictal and Klonopin.

I am proud to say that I am currently free of all prescription medications.

I took my last dose of Prozac 27 days ago. I’m surviving but I look forward to thriving. I could say so much and really want to share more but currently I just don’t have the energy or clarity. I will write again when able.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley

Welcome to SA, angielynn78ii.

That's great that you're drug-free.

When you're able to write, could you let us know how fast you tapered the Prozac?

Are you having withdrawal symptoms?

What is withdrawal syndrome.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

lithiumnomore

Hi. Just sharing that I'm also coming off of Prozac recently. Discontinued in November 2019, took for one week in mid-feb 2020 out of desperation, been off since then. It's been hell but gets better. Hope you're doing okay. 

Lahdy

hi there! I was on lithiu 900mg, paroxetine 60-40g and reboxetine 8g for 17 years. I felt we had a similar history and thought id share y experiences with you.

I decided to reduce my paroxetine as i now have a stable life. I went from 40mg to 20 mg on advice of psychiatrist. Suffered severley for 15months. I wasnt the same happy person anymore and struggled to not drink alcohol everyday!

After struggling for 15 months with no help from psych i increased my paroxetine by 10 mg to 30mg and i was able to make i contact again and i could smile again! Life was so much easier.

After 4 months i decided i still wanted to reduce my meds, so i started reducing my lithium over 2 months. It was so much easier than the paroxetine but i only had mood swings. I didnt want to die and i could still talk to peoole. Its now been 4 months and im feeling rather good.

I know im still on paroxetine but i have still reduced 2 medications.  And im happy and dont want to drink or hurt myself.

You still need to be kind to yourself.  Any reduction is good.  SSR'I's are suppose to be one of the worst withdrawals. 

Please contact me if you need support. I probably dont have the answers but i understand.

Larissa

ChessieCat

Hi Angie,

How are you doing?