Acsr: withdrawal after 6 months or adrenal crash

Hi , I need your help guys …

I’m 20 months  off an Ad Protheadene 75 mg. I’m still holding 0,50 quietipine and 0,5 mg benzo mexazolam .

I have Lyme . But story started with a flu 6 months after finishing my ad tapper . 
( you can see old posts and see how symptoms were so similar to withdrawal) 

my health deteriorated after an iron injection and an antibiotic . 

im now bedridden, no walking with severe Cfs ,overstimulation sensitivity, waking up lots at times at night , my heart races if I move a finger and I wake up with racing heart and urgency to go to the toilet 🚽! My hormones rule my life… completely out of wack , extreme moods swings …I’m extremely underweight.

I don’t know if this is protracted withdrawal from Ad, or cfs/Me , or Lyme or benzo tolerance… I’m sensitive to meds and supplements, my crashes are awful , Idon’t see what I can do . 

I feel guilty for not treating lyme , but I’m afraid of getting even worse . 

I don’t know if I should tapper de benzo , cause I know I feel worse than I’m now, I’m underweight, my heartit’s crazy , my fatigue it’s trough the roof … and my brain will get more sensitized making Lyme treatment impossible and severe Cfs worse . 

I feel like I’m stuck and I’m only thinking of ending my life as I can’t see an end on this suffering. 

will my brain get homeostasis whilst on 2 meds still ? 
If not how long it’s safe to hold this meds? I imagined that will take me years to get a bit better and then have to withdrawal and get worse again … I’m so weak right now still after 2 years . 

im very very depressed and suicidal not cause of withdrawal butbecause I lost my life to bed . Can’t even watch tv. Ijust need other ideas or advice to open my mind a bit a maybe see some light . 

@Altostrata @brassmonkey
@LadyBartonella @geoff22
@getofflex
I found a doctor who wants to change mexazolam to alprazolam and want to reinstate an antidepressant. I told him that I would reinstate my last one not a new one but I didn’t told him  in what dosage !

I don’t know what to do , on one hand I want to try reinstatement and try another benzo because I think I will end up to end my life due to emotional pain ( I cry in despair from being bedridden, I try to cut myself one of these days during a crash where I have to be fed and can’t move )  

I just need your support here My family is tired and want me to trust the doctor and obviously I can’t but I’m in such emotional pain that I just want someone to take care of me …

thank you 🙏 

2017 /2019 75 mg Protheadene weaned off October 2019 (one year tapper) 

2018 until now 0,5 sedoxil at 7pm 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

• Administrator

Hello, @Acsr What times o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, @Acsr What times o'clock do you take each of your drugs, with their dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

Hi thank you for reaching out ! 

im taking mexazolam 0,5 mg at 7 pm -

before taking it it’s hard to say because I’m bedridden and my day it’s an emotional roller coaster. I wake up with a heart racing and have to go to the toilet. After that I’m more or less and use to have a dip in energy at 2pm and I cry a lot . Then I cry again around 7 pm. ( I have been crying for 1,5 years every single day ) 

AFTER - 2 hours later my pulse goes a bit down . Sometimes I feel calmer , but depends on my level of fatigue. For example when my hormones change I can be crying the entire day . 

I take quietipine 0,50 at 11pm and I can fall asleep after one hour but my sleep is interrupted don’t know if it’s because my heart races when I wake up at night but I know my deep sleep is around 30 min. 

thank you so much really , I’m very lost here and my family is pressure me to take another antidepressant and change the benzo … 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

• Administrator

It is possible you have interdose withdrawal from the benzodiazepine, mexazolam. @Frogie will help you figure out a good schedule.

0.5mg quetiapine is not very much quetiapine. How are you measuring this dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It is possible you have interdose withdrawal from the benzodiazepine, mexazolam. @Frogie will help you figure out a good schedule.

0.5mg quetiapine is not very much quetiapine. How are you measuring this dose?

Sorry it’s 0,50mg  quetiapine and 0,5 mg mexazolam 

what do you think about Changing to alprazolam ? And reinstatement of Ad ? 

thank you 🙏 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

Before you change to alprazolam, I would try splitting your dose and taking it at least twice a day to see if that helps. What time do you normally take your mexazolam? If you let me know, I can help you set up a schedule to split the dose in 2.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Before you change to alprazolam, I would try splitting your dose and taking it at least twice a day to see if that helps. What time do you normally take your mexazolam? If you let me know, I can help you set up a schedule to split the dose in 2.

Hi ! Thank you so much for trying to help . 
Im taking it at 7 pm 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

Ok, here’s an example schedule:

If you take the whole dose at 7:00 pm, take .25 mg at 7:00 pm and .25 mg at 6:00 pm. The next day, take the 6:00 pm dose at and so forth until you get the .25 mg at 7:00 am. Does that make sense? Then you’ll take .25 mg at 7:00 am and .25 mg at 7:00 pm. We’ll try this and see how you do once you get to every 12 hours. We’ll get it figured out for you, just might take a little tweaking here and there. I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Acsr said:

Sorry it’s 0,50mg  quetiapine

Do you mean 50mg quetiapine? Fifty milligrams?

Alprazolam's half-life is longer than mexazolam, but not a huge improvement. Why wouldn't your doctor prescribe diazepam? That is the benzodiazepine with the longest half-life and needs to be taken only once a day.

13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you mean 50mg quetiapine? Fifty milligrams?

Alprazolam's half-life is longer than mexazolam, but not a huge improvement. Why wouldn't your doctor prescribe diazepam? That is the benzodiazepine with the longest half-life and needs to be taken only once a day.

Yes 50 mg . 

I don’t know … he wants me to get calmer due to my situation and extreme anxiety. I will ask him thank you so much 🙏

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

16 hours ago, Frogie said:

Ok, here’s an example schedule:

If you take the whole dose at 7:00 pm, take .25 mg at 7:00 pm and .25 mg at 6:00 pm. The next day, take the 6:00 pm dose at and so forth until you get the .25 mg at 7:00 am. Does that make sense? Then you’ll take .25 mg at 7:00 am and .25 mg at 7:00 pm. We’ll try this and see how you do once you get to every 12 hours. We’ll get it figured out for you, just might take a little tweaking here and there. I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie , 

thank so much for trying to help. I would like to ask you something, since I’m going to bed at 11 pm but never asleep befor 00:30 can I take it at 8 pm , them 9 pm and then starting to split the dosage ? Then I wouldn’t have to interrupt my sleep to take the benzo . What do you think ? 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Acsr said:

I take quietipine 0,50 at 11pm and I can fall asleep after one hour but my sleep is interrupted don’t know if it’s because my heart races when I wake up at night but I know my deep sleep is around 30 min. 

My guess is that with the benzo, 50mg quetiapine at night is TOO MUCH and is causing a paradoxical reaction; that is, when it starts to ramp up in your bloodstream, the sedation is too much and your body fights against it, waking you up.

Are you taking 50mg quetiapine in one tablet? When did you last change quetiapine dosage?

Please correct your signature, it says 0.5mg quetiapine (1/2 milligram).

30 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

My guess is that with the benzo, 50mg quetiapine at night is TOO MUCH and is causing a paradoxical reaction; that is, when it starts to ramp up in your bloodstream, the sedation is too much and your body fights against it, waking you up.

Are you taking 50mg quetiapine in one tablet? When did you last change quetiapine dosage?

Please correct your signature, it says 0.5mg quetiapine (1/2 milligram).

i take 2 tablets of 25 mg , but I don’t feel very sedated, some nights are difficult to fall asleep. I never change it it’s has been like this for 3 years already . 

I will correct that thank you for noticing! 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

• 4 weeks later...

Acsr how are You now? I have Lyme as well, cant treat because of reactions and have no idea what is wd and what is lyme

12.2017-02.2018 Mirtazapine - started adverse reactions after 2 months use and stopped without problems

04.2018 Amitryptyline 25mg

07.2019 Stopping Amitryptyline and starting Escitalopram 10 mg, stopping after a week and coming back to Amitryptyline

01.2020 starting Amitryptyline withdrawal, after a month of too fast tapper (from 25mg to 10mg) developed migraines, didnt connect the dots. 

02.2020 went to ER with migraine, got IV torecan and developed severe akathisia (severe restless feeling throughout the body, panic, constant fear) and landed in psych ward. 4 days on benzos, Duoleksetine for 3 days, then back on Ami 30mg. Was stable, symptom free

03.2020 coming home and started Amitryptyline withdrawal again. I wasnt aware of need of slow tappering, psych alway told me to cut in half for few days. Decided to do it slower then she recommended, but it was still too fast.Cut to 20mg when got home (so was on 30mg just a week). 

04.2020 Cut to 15mg. Felt amazing for a week, then cut to 13,5mg. Felt amazing another week. Cut to 12mg. After a week developed migraines again. Then connected dots that they are withdrawal migraines. Tried to up my doze again cause migraines were severe. Took 15 mg and got adverse reaction, akathisia came back, had jerking brain zaps all night long, didnt sleep. Next day took 12 mg again.

Since then (25.04.2020) Im on 12mg again. 

26.04.2020 added propranolol cause akathisia was too severe 10mg 2 times a day. 08.05 still on 12mg amitryptyline, upped propranolol to 10mg 3 times a day cause yesterday akatisia hit out of nowhere very severe, wanted to got o hospital afraid of my life. 31.05 goes to 11mg. 08.07 goes to 10mg. 22.07 bullyeyes rash, infected with Lyme. 20.08 goes to 9mg. 14.10 goes to 8,5mg. After hospital stay with my daughter (15.11) started feeling worse, reacting to citrus fruits with extreme weakness and panic. Getting more symptoms. 12.2 as I wasnt feeling better decided to reduce to 8mg. No change for better or worse. 23.3 started 10 mg propranolol two times a day. 30.04 reduced propr to 15 mg. 05.05 went to 7,5mg Ami. 23.06 went to 7mg Ami. 22.08 6,5mg Ami. 20.12 6mg Ami. 12.2 5,4mg Ami. Still reacting to chemicals, foods.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2021 at 4:29 PM, Wania said:

Acsr how are You now? I have Lyme as well, cant treat because of reactions and have no idea what is wd and what is lyme

Hi! I’m so sorry you are also true this … I’m in the same situation and I wish I could help you , but I don’t know. Im

also not treating it . I guess we will never know until you find someone you understand your sensitivities and start to healing you in stages . I’m. Still looking for a good funcional doctor who deals with withdrawal. 

best of luck my friend ❤️

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

Hi @Ladybird@Altostrata @Go2zero.

I need help again… but this time is very serious because I was polydruged again . My family sent me to that hospital and the doctor convinced my family that I have “ anxiety for desease “ and I will only get better if I take the medication. 
long story short , I was emotional abused and I was so fragile , that I finally took the the medication to prove everybody’s wrong . Despair … amd now I’m feeling so angry at my myself and my family and the doctor ( the dr house people call h …) 

I was put:

150 Wellbutrin -1 pill in the morning 

trazodone long release 100mg - in the evening 

xanax 2 mg long release - in the evening 

50 mg ( 2 pills of 25 mg) quetiapine - also in the evening. 

with the cfs my body did a lot of effort to handle all this , but I did not know what was from the meds or from the condition . Off course I got worse and Now have 2 pain chest and more high heart rate . 

I feel my body it’s still trying to recover but I need what to do . 
which one should I start? 
trazodone interacts with everything , benzo it’s 10 times higher then I was taking … I don’t know where to start and how because they are extended release I can’t cut the pills right ? 

My body it’s shutting down , don’t know if I should wait .

im 3 months on this new medication excepting the benzo ( I was mexalolam 0,5) and quietipine same dosage 3 years . 

thank you so much I’m looking forward to hearing from you . 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

• Administrator

What date did you start each of Wellbutrin, Xanax, trazodone, and quetiapine? What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages?

For what reason did your family want you to go to the hospital?

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What date did you start each of Wellbutrin, Xanax, trazodone, and quetiapine? What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages?

For what reason did your family want you to go to the hospital?

Hi ! Thank you for replying.

150 Wellbutrin -1 pill in the morning  10am - started 2December 2021 

all of these together at 8pm: 

trazodone long release 100mg - started 2 December 2021

xanax 2 mg long release - started 2 December 2021 but I was already on 0,50 mg of mexazolam since 2017- they changed it for Xanax 

50 mg ( 2 pills of 25 mg) quetiapine . Started August 2018 

My family wanted in this particular hospital where is a doctor internist that have lots of experience . Since I’m bedridden with severe cfs (since March 2020 ) they are desperate as I’m . Most of the days I can’t talk or able to eat my food without being smashed. When I crash I can’t move at all. I’m bone and skin in bed 24/7 , and I’m loosing my mind . I m crying everyday , have despair anxiety attacks, I just think of dying because I can’t handle seeing the days go by. So this doctor said he will cure me and my family and husband believed him. 

( note that I weaned off an antidepressant in November 2019. 8 months of tapering Protheadene 75mg . ( at same time as mexazolam and quietipine) )

thank so much ,

p.s I’m trying to change my signature but I can’t  find it how . Maybe it’s very simple but I didn’t figured out yet ! 

0,50 quietipine at 23 pm

supplement 

vit. C 1000mg 

probiotic 

curcuma 

digestive enzymes

Coezime 10 60 mg

nadh 10 mg 

Im so sory to read that. I just had conversation about it with my husband yesterday. There is great book Antidepressed that would be nice if Your family would like to read. Also Gabor Mate has good podcasts about ,myth of being normal'. We have to educate people around as they are clueless. Im so sory for Your struggle.

12.2017-02.2018 Mirtazapine - started adverse reactions after 2 months use and stopped without problems

04.2018 Amitryptyline 25mg

07.2019 Stopping Amitryptyline and starting Escitalopram 10 mg, stopping after a week and coming back to Amitryptyline

01.2020 starting Amitryptyline withdrawal, after a month of too fast tapper (from 25mg to 10mg) developed migraines, didnt connect the dots. 

02.2020 went to ER with migraine, got IV torecan and developed severe akathisia (severe restless feeling throughout the body, panic, constant fear) and landed in psych ward. 4 days on benzos, Duoleksetine for 3 days, then back on Ami 30mg. Was stable, symptom free

03.2020 coming home and started Amitryptyline withdrawal again. I wasnt aware of need of slow tappering, psych alway told me to cut in half for few days. Decided to do it slower then she recommended, but it was still too fast.Cut to 20mg when got home (so was on 30mg just a week). 

04.2020 Cut to 15mg. Felt amazing for a week, then cut to 13,5mg. Felt amazing another week. Cut to 12mg. After a week developed migraines again. Then connected dots that they are withdrawal migraines. Tried to up my doze again cause migraines were severe. Took 15 mg and got adverse reaction, akathisia came back, had jerking brain zaps all night long, didnt sleep. Next day took 12 mg again.

Since then (25.04.2020) Im on 12mg again. 

26.04.2020 added propranolol cause akathisia was too severe 10mg 2 times a day. 08.05 still on 12mg amitryptyline, upped propranolol to 10mg 3 times a day cause yesterday akatisia hit out of nowhere very severe, wanted to got o hospital afraid of my life. 31.05 goes to 11mg. 08.07 goes to 10mg. 22.07 bullyeyes rash, infected with Lyme. 20.08 goes to 9mg. 14.10 goes to 8,5mg. After hospital stay with my daughter (15.11) started feeling worse, reacting to citrus fruits with extreme weakness and panic. Getting more symptoms. 12.2 as I wasnt feeling better decided to reduce to 8mg. No change for better or worse. 23.3 started 10 mg propranolol two times a day. 30.04 reduced propr to 15 mg. 05.05 went to 7,5mg Ami. 23.06 went to 7mg Ami. 22.08 6,5mg Ami. 20.12 6mg Ami. 12.2 5,4mg Ami. Still reacting to chemicals, foods.