SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Norton: Cipralex for 6 months for anxiety

Norton

Hello,

I was prescribed 10 mg Cipralex for 6 months due to anxiety I started having last summer. 
I did the 6 months and went down to 5 mg for another month and stopped( now that I read some of the posts here I realize that I discontinued the medication too soon and fast). 
Now 2 months later I’m very foggy , depressed, have mood swings and some nausea, short term memory is not good either. 
My doctor wants me to go back on the pils for 2 more years which I really don’t want to do. 
Can someone more experienced give their opinion on what to expect ? Should I reinstate or just wait for the WD symptoms to subside over time?

Many thanks to all!

Edited by Gridley

Cipralex 10mg for 6 months from 9/1/2019 -3/30/2020

Cipralex .5 for 3 weeks from 3/30/2020 to 321/2020 and stopped

Reinstated 1mg on 5/29/20

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Norton.

You're suffering from withdrawal due to your too-fast taper of the Cipralex.  Your symptoms are typical of withdrawal.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Reinstatement of a very small dose of the original drug is the only known way to help alleviate withdrawal syndrome.  The only other alternative is to try and wait out the symptoms and manage as best you can until your central nervous system returns to homeostasis.  Unfortunately no one can give you an exact timeline as to when you will start feeling better and while some do recover relatively easily, for others it can take many months or longer.  

Reinstatement isn't a guarantee of diminished symptoms for everyone but it's the best tactic available.  You're still in the time period where reinstatement predictably works, up to 3 months after last dose.  We usually suggest a much smaller reinstatement dose than your last dose.  These drugs are strong, your system has become sensitized and If you take too much it may be too much for your brain and can cause you become more unstable.  Then, once you've stabilized on the reinstated dosage, which can take several months,  you can begin a 10% per month taper down to zero.  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Please read:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

If you want to reinstate, I would recommend reinstating 1mg Cipralex--no more.  The following link explains how to get the 1mg dose you'll need for your reinstatement.

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

We need to see how 1mg affects you. It will take about a week for it to get to steady-state in your bloodstream, the effect should get stronger during that time.  If 1mg is enough, it still may take some weeks or months for your nervous system to settle down. You probably will continue to have ups and downs, but symptoms won't be as intense. 

It's a good idea to keep daily notes on paper to track you're doing.  Please let us know what you decide to do.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

54 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Welcome to SA, Norton.

You're suffering from withdrawal due to your too-fast taper of the Cipralex.  Your symptoms are typical of withdrawal.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Reinstatement of a very small dose of the original drug is the only known way to help alleviate withdrawal syndrome.  The only other alternative is to try and wait out the symptoms and manage as best you can until your central nervous system returns to homeostasis.  Unfortunately no one can give you an exact timeline as to when you will start feeling better and while some do recover relatively easily, for others it can take many months or longer.  

Reinstatement isn't a guarantee of diminished symptoms for everyone but it's the best tactic available.  You're still in the time period where reinstatement predictably works, up to 3 months after last dose.  We usually suggest a much smaller reinstatement dose than your last dose.  These drugs are strong, your system has become sensitized and If you take too much it may be too much for your brain and can cause you become more unstable.  Then, once you've stabilized on the reinstated dosage, which can take several months,  you can begin a 10% per month taper down to zero.  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Please read:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms. -- at least the first page of the topic

If you want to reinstate, I would recommend reinstating 1mg Cipralex--no more.  The following link explains how to get the 1mg dose you'll need for your reinstatement.

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

We need to see how 1mg affects you. It will take about a week for it to get to steady-state in your bloodstream, the effect should get stronger during that time.  If 1mg is enough, it still may take some weeks or months for your nervous system to settle down. You probably will continue to have ups and downs, but symptoms won't be as intense. 

It's a good idea to keep daily notes on paper to track you're doing.  Please let us know what you decide to do.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Hi Gridley,

thank you so much for the great info!

May I ask when you say start with 1mg until stable and then taper at 10% for months is that 10 % of 1 mg?

How can I that be measured?

Again really appreciate your help!

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
33 minutes ago, Norton said:

is that 10 % of 1 mg?

How can I that be measured?

Yes, it's 10% of 1mg.

The easiest way to do it is to switch to liquid Cipralex (Lexapro).  With a liquid it's very easy to go down from 1mg to 0.9mg, etc.  If you do this, let me know, since it's best to do a gradual crossover from tablet to liquid, which I can explain.

Another way to do it is to weigh using the AWS Gemini-20 scale, available on Amazon, which is what I've done.  I'm at 0.4mg Lexapro and going down by 0.1mg every month.  At some point soon I'm going to have to eyeball my doses; that will be at the very end of the taper.  I plan to jump to zero either at 0.1 or 0.05mg.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

46 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Yes, it's 10% of 1mg.

The easiest way to do it is to switch to liquid Cipralex (Lexapro).  With a liquid it's very easy to go down from 1mg to 0.9mg, etc.  If you do this, let me know, since it's best to do a gradual crossover from tablet to liquid, which I can explain.

Another way to do it is to weigh using the AWS Gemini-20 scale, available on Amazon, which is what I've done.  I'm at 0.4mg Lexapro and going down by 0.1mg every month.  At some point soon I'm going to have to eyeball my doses; that will be at the very end of the taper.  I plan to jump to zero either at 0.1 or 0.05mg.

Again thank you for your prompt reply, I’ll give my self a week or 2 to see how things are but if it gets worse I might reinstate the way you suggested. To get to such a small dose do you actually shave the pills ?

Best

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Norton said:

To get to such a small dose do you actually shave the pills ?

A good way is to crush the pills into a powder between two spoons, then weigh until you get the dose you want.  If you decide to reinstate and use the scale, I can take you through it step by step.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

A good way is to crush the pills into a powder between two spoons, then weigh until you get the dose you want.  If you decide to reinstate and use the scale, I can take you through it step by step.

Ok I understand, I will definitely keep you posted on what I decide.  
Thanks

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

On 5/24/2020 at 5:25 PM, Gridley said:

Hi Gridley,

hope you are doing well, one thing I forgot to mention is that whenever the waves come on too strong I use “Rivotril” 0.5-1 mg to cope with them. Rivotril is from the Clonozepam group. 
I take those “when needed” not every day, does that require additional attention when it comes to reinstating?

Thank you so much for your help.

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Norton said:

does that require additional attention when it comes to reinstating?

We always advise to make only one change at a time.  The first days after a reinstatement (up to around day 8) are when you need to monitor your symptoms to see if the reinstatement is working.  It would be good, if possible, to avoid the Rivotril during that period so you can get a clear reading on how the reinstatement is going without muddying the waters with the effects of another drug.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

8 minutes ago, Gridley said:

We always advise to make only one change at a time.  The first days after a reinstatement (up to around day 😎 are when you need to monitor your symptoms to see if the reinstatement is working.  It would be good, if possible, to avoid the Rivotril during that period so you can get a clear reading on how the reinstatement is going without muddying the waters with the effects of another drug.

That makes sense completely, I ordered the scale already will be getting it this Fri 5/29.

You mentioned that you have some helpful info on how to reinstate properly I would really appreciate if you share this whenever possible. 
I really can not express how thankful I am for your  help!

Best

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Norton said:

helpful info on how to reinstate properly

For some reason the sun icon appeared in my previous post.  It should have read "day 8."

Let me go through how to get the 1mg Lexapro you'll need for your reinstatement.  We use the scale by measuring pill weight (mgpw) and keep track of the dosage with what we call active ingredient (mgai).  Pill weight is always a good bit larger than active ingredient because of the binders and fillers in the pill.  The active ingredient is spread throughout the pill, so you don't have to worry about getting a dose of just filler when you make the powder.

1.  The first thing you do is get familiar with the scale.  

2.  Next, you'll weigh ten of your pills one at a time and get an average.  This average weight is what you'll be using to get your 1mg.

3.  Let's say you're using 10mgai tablets of Lexapro and your average weight is 100mgpw.  Yours will be different.

4.  You're going to to want 1/10 of the 100mgpw (pill weight) to get your dosage of 1mgai (active ingredient).  This would weigh 10mgpw.

5.  Crush your pill.  I use two spoons.  There are also pill crushers available on Amazon that I hear good things about.

6.  Use the little spoon that comes with the scale to dip up powder to put 10mgpw onto the little metal dish that you put on the scale.  That's your dose.

7.  You'll need size 00 gelatin capsules.  You can pour the powder from the little dish into the capsule using a bent Post-it.  I use LabExact weighing   paper size 3" X 3".  I usually make a week's worth of pills at a time.  Making more is fine, whatever's convenient for you.  Save leftover powder in a pill bottle in a cool, dry, dark place.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Hi Gridley, hope all is well, just a slight update on my WD my blood pressure is kind of high 140-100 is that known to be a a withdrawal symptom do you know?

Thank you

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus

@Norton

It's possible but we always advise checking heart issues out with a doctor.  Here's a link linking high bp in withdrawal to certain foods.  You can also Google SurvivingAntidepressant.org high blood pressure for more information.

Blood pressure spikes? The tyramine connection - Symptoms ...

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

On 5/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, Gridley said:

For some reason the sun icon appeared in my previous post.  It should have read "day 8."

Let me go through how to get the 1mg Lexapro you'll need for your reinstatement.  We use the scale by measuring pill weight (mgpw) and keep track of the dosage with what we call active ingredient (mgai).  Pill weight is always a good bit larger than active ingredient because of the binders and fillers in the pill.  The active ingredient is spread throughout the pill, so you don't have to worry about getting a dose of just filler when you make the powder.

1.  The first thing you do is get familiar with the scale.  

2.  Next, you'll weigh ten of your pills one at a time and get an average.  This average weight is what you'll be using to get your 1mg.

3.  Let's say you're using 10mgai tablets of Lexapro and your average weight is 100mgpw.  Yours will be different.

4.  You're going to to want 1/10 of the 100mgpw (pill weight) to get your dosage of 1mgai (active ingredient).  This would weigh 10mgpw.

5.  Crush your pill.  I use two spoons.  There are also pill crushers available on Amazon that I hear good things about.

6.  Use the little spoon that comes with the scale to dip up powder to put 10mgpw onto the little metal dish that you put on the scale.  That's your dose.

7.  You'll need size 00 gelatin capsules.  You can pour the powder from the little dish into the capsule using a bent Post-it.  I use LabExact weighing   paper size 3" X 3".  I usually make a week's worth of pills at a time.  Making more is fine, whatever's convenient for you.  Save leftover powder in a pill bottle in a cool, dry, dark place.

Hi Gridley,

just wanted to run the numbers I got by you so:

Average pill weight is 0.1268 when I took the weight of 10 pills( separately)  when I put all 10 on the scale it read 1.295 which gives me an average weight  of 0.1295. I’m I doing something wrong? What’s the correct number for 1mg ai?

As always appreciate your help. 

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Norton said:

I’m I doing something wrong? What’s the correct number for 1mg ai?

The scale can be finicky and give slightly different readings, depending on air currents, placement of the pills on the scale and other sometimes unknown factors.  Here it doesn't matter since you'll be rounding up to 13mgpw.  The scale only operates in 1mgpw increments.

What dosage (mgai) pill were you weighing?

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

The scale can be finicky and give slightly different readings, depending on air currents, placement of the pills on the scale and other sometimes unknown factors.  Here it doesn't matter since you'll be rounding up to 13mgpw.  The scale only operates in 1mgpw increments.

What dosage (mgai) pill were you weighing?

I was weighting 10mg Cipralex. 
Ty

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, Norton said:

I was weighting 10mg Cipralex. 

I made an error (easy to do, at least for me, in dealing with grams and milligrams on the scale).  The scale only has 3 places after the decimal.  I'm confused how you got a 4th place.  Could you weigh just one pill again and tell me the readout?

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

9 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I made an error (easy to do, at least for me, in dealing with grams and milligrams on the scale).  The scale only has 3 places after the decimal.  I'm confused how you got a 4th place.  Could you weigh just one pill again and tell me the readout?

5B2EF927-7E81-48FA-852B-CC685094F569.jpeg

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

10 minutes ago, Gridley said:

80ACDB1C-B664-41BD-BBB3-77ECD1DEC1F7.jpeg

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Norton said:

That's a good bit different from your previous average.  Could you please weigh 10 individual pills again and give me the average?

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Yes you are correct after the decimal is 133, but most of them were in the 126 range, I calibrated the scale but it gives me different numbers sometimes lol. 

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Norton said:

126 range,

That's what I would go with then.  So your 10mgai Cipralex weighs 126mgai.  To get 1mgai you want 1/10 of that weight.  Because the scale only measures only in 1mgpw increments, I'd round 1/10 of 126 up to 13mgpw.  That's your 1mgai reinstatement dose.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

That's a good bit different from your previous average.  Could you please weigh 10 individual pills again and give me the average?

I got 131.6 this time. 

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
50 minutes ago, Norton said:

I got 131.6 this time.

These small differences are going to be inconsequential because the ratio of pill weight to active ingredient is about the same, around 13:1, which is a normal ratio (my Lexapro is 10:1).  It's not going to make a difference in your 1mg dose because there is so much more pill weight than active ingredient.  When you start a new bottle it's not necessary to re-weigh.

So, 10mgai = 126mgpw or, if you go by your later measurement, 131mgpw.  Either way, which you'd round to 130 for ease of use. You want 1/10 of the 10mgai pill to get your reinstatement dose of 1mgai.  1/10 of 130pw is 13mgpw, and that's your 1mgai reinstatement dose. 

Please let know if you have any questions.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

These small differences are going to be inconsequential because the ratio of pill weight to active ingredient is about the same, around 13:1, which is a normal ratio (my Lexapro is 10:1).  It's not going to make a difference in your 1mg dose because there is so much more pill weight than active ingredient.  When you start a new bottle it's not necessary to re-weigh.

So, 10mgai = 126mgpw or, if you go by your later measurement, 131mgpw.  Either way, which you'd round to 130 for ease of use. You want 1/10 of the 10mgai pill to get your reinstatement dose of 1mgai.  1/10 of 130pw is 13mgpw, and that's your 1mgai reinstatement dose. 

Got it! I started today will check in next Fri to let you know how things are:)

Thanks

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

Hi Gridley,

hope you

are well and safe. 
So today is day 4 of reinstatement at 1mgai just wanted to touch base to see what to look for in this first 7 days. 
Day 1 and 2 were good for me I had a spike in mood and barely any symptoms, day 3 woke up a little lightheaded but as the day progressed I felt better, today day 4 I woke up kind of dizzy and lightheaded with some depression ( not too bad but it’s there) and now in afternoon feeling a little better. 
Is this normal with reinstatement ? Is it an indication that I have to updose since I’m noticing decrease on day 4 or I have to wait for the full week and then make a decision?

Thank you as always

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

On 5/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, Norton said:

Yes you are correct after the decimal is 133, but most of them were in the 126 range, I calibrated the scale but it gives me different numbers sometimes lol. 

Hi Gridley,

hope you

are well and safe. 
So today is day 4 of reinstatement at 1mgai just wanted to touch base to see what to look for in this first 7 days. 
Day 1 and 2 were good for me I had a spike in mood and barely any symptoms, day 3 woke up a little lightheaded but as the day progressed I felt better, today day 4 I woke up kind of dizzy and lightheaded with some depression ( not too bad but it’s there) and now in afternoon feeling a little better. 
Is this normal with reinstatement ? Is it an indication that I have to updose since I’m noticing decrease on day 4 or I have to wait for the full week and then make a decision?

Thank you as always

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

On 5/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, Gridley said:

Hello Gridley,

just following up on my reinstatement, it’s been a week since I started and I feel significant improvement with the exception of feeling a little dizzy in the am and as the day progresses I feel less and less of the dizziness. What period of time will it take ( more or less) to stabilize on the current(1mgai) dose?

I know it’s very individual but just the ball park from your experience. 
Thank you!

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
56 minutes ago, Norton said:

stabilize on the current(1mgai) dose?

It can vary from several weeks to months. depending on the individual.  Please keep us updated and we can determine when you've stabilized.   That's great that you're feeling significant improvement. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

On 6/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, Gridley said:

It can vary from several weeks to months. depending on the individual.  Please keep us updated and we can determine when you've stabilized.   That's great that you're feeling significant improvement. 

Hello Gridley,

wanted to ask what is a sigh of stabilization ?

I reinstated about 11 days ago and felt really good at first , now I don’t have any major symptoms but feeling kind of dizzy and disoriented on the current dose. 
Should I keep going or do I have to up dose?

How do I know what normal stabilization feels like? 

Many thanks as always!

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, Norton said:

Should I keep going or do I have to up dose?

How do I know what normal stabilization feels like? 

I would stay where you are.  It sounds to me that the reinstatement is working very well.. Stabilization doesn't mean an absence of symptoms.  It means you feel pretty much the same every day (the same degree of feeling okay but not great) without big swings in either direction.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, Gridley said:

I would stay where you are.  It sounds to me that the reinstatement is working very well.. Stabilization doesn't mean an absence of symptoms.  It means you feel pretty much the same every day (the same degree of feeling okay but not great) without big swings in either direction.

Hello Gridley,

hope all is well. 
So a full month into reinstating I feel good with no major symptoms and pretty much in a steady state. My scale however is acting weird it feels like I’m upping the dose it always gives me different reading... It’s been calibrate several times but I don’t trust it at this point, should I try a different method or a different scale?

Thank you! 

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
38 minutes ago, Norton said:

I feel good with no major symptoms and pretty much in a steady state

That's great, Norton.  I'm really happy your reinstatement is going so well.

39 minutes ago, Norton said:

My scale however is acting weird it feels like I’m upping the dose it always gives me different reading..

I've had problems from time to time.  Here's some suggestions that I've compiled from the site.

These scales can be very sensitive to air currents, fans, open windows, people walking past, breathing.  It will make the display jump all over the place.  There were times I would cup my hands around mine to shield it, which helped some.  The biggest thing was to work in a very still room, and use the calibration weight to get into the midrange of the scales sensor.  Either have the weight in place in the pan when you turn the scales on, pr place it in the pan and press TARE.  You could also wear a surgical mask.

I tried lots of surfaces round my house before finding the sturdiest - a low coffee-table made of very thick macrocarpa, resting on concrete blocks.  Solid as.  I also calibrate the scales before each weighing session.  If my family is home any stomping will put the scales out.  I have heard it can help to put one of the calibrating bars in the weigh-pan when weighing very low amounts, so it works in the middle of it's range rather than out at one end where it is less accurate. 

Pay close attention to your scale usage techniques; solid work surface, no drafts, use the calibration weight during the measuring (hit tare to reset the zero) and work with a very finely ground powder.

One trick for getting more accurate readings is to keep the calibration weight in the pan while weighing our dose.  Put the weight in the pan and press the "TARE" button.  This will zero the scale but put the electronics in the middle of their range where they are the most accurate.  Now weigh your dose as usual.

Here's some of the things I've learned (from Brassmonkey)::

1. Work on a very solid surface, a heavy desk or counter top.

2. Have as little air movement as possible, no fans,A/C, and careful breathing

3. Put the calibration weight in the pan to bring the scale into the middle of it's range and press TARE.

4. Use a nail file to scoop small amounts of powder onto the pan and to scrape small amounts off to get the desired weight.

5. The readout will jump around a lot if the weight is between even mg levels, add or subtract powder to calm the readout.

6. Pour the powder into a folded Post-it note and then pour it from there into the capsule.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

34 minutes ago, Gridley said:

One trick for getting more accurate readings is to keep the calibration weight in the pan while weighing our dose.

Thank you I’ll try that!

Do you think I’m stabilized at the current dose or I should keep going?

Supplements:

fish oil,VD3,VB12

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, Norton said:

o you think I’m stabilized at the current dose or I should keep going?

It sounds like you are definitely getting there.  It's only been a month since you reinstated.  I would recommend caution and let's see how you're doing in another month.  Then we can talk about tapering down to zero.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Norton, 

• Could you please add a signature?
  •   Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 
  • Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Take care ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.