High CPK (Creatine phosphokinase) and FANA PATTERN

Barbarannamated

Looking thru old labwork from 1995-7 when my descent into psychiatryland began. Found suspicious results that were never discussed or followed up on.

CPK (Creatine phosphokinase) = 356 [RR 26-189]

FANA PATTERN = 1:160 HOMOGENOUS [<1:40 TITRE]

I'm fairly certain I didn't have a heart attack (CPK), but the 2 of these together are suspicious. I don't want to get carried away interpreting what I don't know about, so if anyone is familiar with what these may have indicated, please let me know. One was ordered by my pdoc and other by PCP who started me on Zoloft and psychiatry (yes, a PCP in 90s).

Thanks.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I don't know any better than a Google search.

Are you feeling concerned about this? I've been dealing with a lot of health issues so I understand why it caught your attention. Without knowing, I'll only say that most alarm bells for me have, so far, been false ones...if that helps ease your mind at all.

best,

alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

This was a long time ago, so not as much worried as trying to piece together the puzzle of my endocrine mess. The CPK is so elevated that it *should* have set off an alarm (heart attack, most likely association, but I dont recall any symptoms). The results were reconfirmed by lab at time they were run b/c so far out of range but not even looked at by doc. I caught it years later. The second test is an autoimmune test, not familiar with it. They add to the endocrine picture that was missed and treated as depression. My TSH around that time was 40 something. Thyroid was struggling big time.

Hindsight...

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy