Kat2020 problems with mirtazapine

Kat2020

Help! Need advice! 
i was prescribed remeron about 2 weeks ago (12 days) for sleep and appetite. Taking 7.5 mg at bedtime every night. Very groggy in the morning, impossible to function. I want to decrease to 5 mg or even 3 mg nightly to see if still helps with sleep and avoid grogginess. Am i still at a point when i can actually decrease the dose or change to something else without withdrawal consequences, or should i think of gradually tapering down already despite the low dose and relatively short length of time on it?? I am scared of this drug! Also taking Clonazepam (long term) and celexa started at the same time as Remeron.

i don't trust doctors. Was told before just to stop an antidepressant...

I really appreciate any and all feedback!

Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome, @Kat2020

I moved your post here to start your own Introductions topic. You can ask questions about your own situation here and track your progress.

As you've been taking mirtazapine only a couple of weeks, you are not at great risk for withdrawal when you reduce it. To be cautious, I would step down by half and see what happens.

For background: Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Starting 2 psychiatric drugs at once is poor practice by your doctor, as you can't tell which drug is causing the adverse effect.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.