On veganism and other bits and pieces....

GiaK

On Veganism:

Tried to transition for 10 years and went months at a time eating vegan. It wasn’t sustainable and I realized this body needs to eat what it needs to eat. Vegans have been nasty when told it’s not been possible to transition entirely at this time. They have often condescended and said I’m doing something wrong-I’m not. My body knows how to heal. I do eat mostly plant based- but not entirely.

Going as plant based as possible is really important. Ending factory farming is really important. Cutting down over all meat consumption across the entire population of humanity is really important. Imagining we know what is best for others is NOT. Transitioning takes time.

“take what you need, leave the rest” — a good practice at all times…

We can only play out the role of the one we are in this animal body. As we watch and pay attention things may or may not change a whole lot. Eyes wide open we begin to see.

Soulwork is not a high road. It’s a deep fall into an unforgiving darkness that won’t let you go until you find the song that sings you home. – McCall Erickson

Love humbles by creating deep gratitude for a lesson learned and allows us to feel vulnerable and thus allows humility. Humiliation is cruel and tends to build pride in reactivity rather than humility.

“The Master has no mind of her own.
She works with the mind of the people
She is good to people who are good
She is also good to people who aren’t good
This is true goodness
She trusts people who are trustworthy
She also trusts people who aren’t trustworthy
This is true trust”

tao te ching chapter 49 translated by Stephen Mitchell (who once guest lectured in one of my religious studies classes at UC Berkeley) we had fun afterwards and hung out on the grass with about 5 other students.Many academics don’t much like this translation. I quite enjoyed it.

It’s not about what you want until you understand what you really need. Once we understand what we need our wants and needs become the same thing.

When I was being trained as a social worker we learned: KISS **Keep It Simple Stupid** To remember to use when folks are in crisis. I always remember that because it’s really good advice in all sorts of situations.

I don’t keep much from my training…clinical training is generally a hack job by people who don’t understand traumatic process in a very profound way. But keeping it simple is always good.

first posted here: https://beyondmeds.com/2020/06/13/times-demand/

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy