Defunding the police and mental health “care” …

GiaK

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds

first published here: https://wp.me/p5nnb-eSB

I just discovered that defund the police is at least in part being supported because people believe Mental Health Services are actually safer than the police. Unfortunately when drugs are used to chemically restrain people it’s really not much better than being shot at.

At this juncture I’d rather be shot at. I’m not exaggerating I’m sorry if that’s offensive to some people, but its true. There are lots of passively aggressive insanely violent mental health workers who just love shooting people up with neurologically damaging drugs.

People don’t want to hear what’s happening to those of us who’ve actually experienced this. I’ve been brutalized by cops in the name of mental health and I’ve been shot up with drugs and thrown into isolation in the mental health system. Violent unnecessary BS and standard care. (for those who would now discredit me, I’ve spent far longer a time as a social worker in the system watching the violence as a professional….which is why I now speak out)

If you’re not aware of this it’s time you come to understand. Mental “health” care is violent and destabilizing much of the time and it’s widely denied. Coercion, subtle or otherwise, is the rule in psychiatric care…if you want more info there is a lot on this site.

Please share what you learn as widely as possible. Do it in your own words and use any site you come across if you don’t want to use this one. Just get the info out there.

The bigotry and violence directed at those determined to be mentally unfit is off the charts and largely unrecognized in mainstream society.

Black people have it worse than white people do in the system…this is not a deflection from #BlackLivesMatter. Most mental health professionals are in denial and go along with the violence. We must be aware of these embedded patriarchal systems if we hope to protect the most vulnerable in our society.

More on this topic:

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.