How to find SA Members who are in the process of recovering

• Moderator Emeritus

In the Introductions Forum members who are in the process of recovering are given a sun symbol ☼.

To find them use Google and copy and paste the following search term:

site:survivingantidepressants.org ☼

If you a looking for members taking a specific drug, you could add the drug brand name and drug name to the search term.  You could also add cold turkey if you are looking for those members.  Likewise, insomnia.

Please note:   this search might not work using a different search engine.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Altostrata pinned and locked this topic
  • Altostrata unlocked this topic
  • 5 months later...

im not sure where to ask this question, is it correct, longer the hold, maybe 2-3 months you have a better chance of milder wildrwal symptoms where start to taper again.

Hey, when do we get given the sun symbol, i'm 3 months into recovery and my thread is on the introductions section :) 

May 2016- August 2020 Fluoxetine 20mg (pooped out)

August 2020 - December 2020 Sertraline 50mg (adverse effects)

Dec 2020-Mar 10th 2021 Citalopram 20mg (adverse effects)- STOPPED cold turkey

Fully antidepressant free since 10th March 2021. 

Take occasional propranolol 10mg.

• 1 year later...

How ling did you take antidepressant?

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

oct 2020 started amitryptyline took it 3 months 

Dec started wellbutrin, Stopped it 3 months later 

Started Paxil again for 3 months

took vibryd for 1 month, Stopped it in 5 days 

Started sam e 100mgs 3x a day, Tyrosine 1000mgs 3 x a dayfor 6 months 

August 2020 - Off all antidepressants 

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sandra4619,

I don't follow what you are asking Why about.  The previous post in this topic?  Or the topic? 

However,

You might as well start a Introduction topic for yourself now.  I see you've been here a little while.

It's good to have a HomeBase of sorts.

Go to Introductions

Read the first 3 topics there.

The third one has a link/quote for "How to do your signature"

And then at the top of the forum, on the right you can just select start new topic, Put your user name there, pick a title for yourself and that topic, and then tell us a little about yourself, and how we might help.

Do a signature.

Okay, see you over there I hope.

L,P, H, and G,

mmt(manymoretodays)

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 4 months later...

hi Mods -

Does the search 

site:survivingantidepressants.org &#9788

still work?

I have tried to google it but not getting the results. Have we stopped adding the sun against recovering members?

2011 - 2012 Venlafaxine 75 mg (14 months)

2013-2014 Cipralex 20 mg (11 months)

2014-2017 Venlafaxine 75 mg (30 months with 2 failed attempts to stop with fast taper)

July 2017 - Nov 2018 Zoloft 50 mg (stopped after a 5 week taper and all hell broke loose, severe WD for 4 months)

April 2019 - Zoloft 50 mg (reinstated Zoloft and stabilised after an adverse reaction on reinstatement)

Moved to liquid solution as of Jan 2022 (currently dissolving Zoloft 50 mg tablets in 50 ml water)

Feb 2022 - April 2023 - Withdrew 50 mg Zoloft (over 15 months)