jeremy1069

Overwhelming sense of disgust

jeremy1069

There’d probably a better term for this that I have not found. Today I’m feeling almost completely disgusted by everything, even things that I love. Just a sense of utter disgust at how I feel, how my body feels, food, drink, music, almost everything I am coming across today feels or comes across as disgusting.

Is there a term for this? I’m seemingly past a lot of my SSRI symptoms after 2 lousy years (Not getting my hopes up) but there is lingering extreme GAD-like anxiety and now all of the sudden today what I just described above. 

Onmyway
On 6/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, jeremy1069 said:

There’d probably a better term for this that I have not found. Today I’m feeling almost completely disgusted by everything, even things that I love. Just a sense of utter disgust at how I feel, how my body feels, food, drink, music, almost everything I am coming across today feels or comes across as disgusting.

Is there a term for this? I’m seemingly past a lot of my SSRI symptoms after 2 lousy years (Not getting my hopes up) but there is lingering extreme GAD-like anxiety and now all of the sudden today what I just described above. 

Oh, I had that a lot in the beginning for a few months. Was accompanied with nausea. I call it the "yuck feeling." It's really awful. 

For the anxiety, even though it is a neuro-emotion, a course of CBT helped manage it (12 sessions). Basically helped cut the loop of escalation. 

Hope this relents soon. It's truly a an awful experience.

OMW