Hopela

Hopela: 10mg Zyprexa / olanzapine too fast taper

DataGuy

Thanks for the update @Hopela. This is a 33% drop and quite a bit more than we'd advise. Please monitor your symptoms closely to watch for any uptick or destabilization. Although I'm sure you are a relatively healthy, strong guy, being aggressive with reductions rarely pays off for anyone. However, it is 100% your choice how much and how fast to reduce. Just be careful. I think you are right about the Aripiprazole decay. 

As for the variation in D2 receptor occupancy in the olanzapine, I think it can probably be attributed to differences in metabolism. Some people have very active metabolic enzymes while others are impaired, and this would contribute to wildly different blood levels given the same dosage. 

I hope you are feeling better. 6 hours of sleep per night is great! You will need to let me in on your secret : )

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs, and olanzapine.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

Hopela

One week has passed since the drop to 0.14 mg.

Sleep is now about 3+3 hours. A bit worse due to waking up during the night. 

A few brain zaps upon waking up in the morning. A bit better.

Some twitching during the day. A bit worse. 

I feel good about going to bed since I feel confident knowing I will sleep before too long.

Hopefully getting back to continuous sleep soon.

I'll adjust next drop from planned target 0.08 to a target of 0.10 mg, which amounts to a smaller 25% drop (accounting for rounding). 

I'll keep current 0.14 mg for at least 15 days and prolong from there depending on sleep.

I think I'm doing well with the pace I'm reducing at. Don't know what the secret is. Just like the doctors who, as evidenced by D2 occupancy graph, have no idea what the occupancy effect of putting someone on olanzapine will be.

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling:

10 mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5 mg 14 days, 2.5 mg 11 days,  10x0mg with 4 days 1mg centrally interdispersed totalling 14 days.

Due to very bad condition reinstatement: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine.

Immediately down to 5mg. Then a gradual taper during 6 months down to nothing but zyprexa and 0.0 mg again.

6 days of 0 mg. Then reinstatement 0.12mg two days and then 0.25 mg.

23 june 2020: 0.25mg zyprexa. 29 june 2020: 0.12mg zyprexa. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin

9 july 2020 0.16mg zyprexa

Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on:

Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10 mg and mostly 2.5 mg but started cheating

14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to sneaking lower earlier (cheating) now able to go back down to 0.31mg !

30 oct 2020 zyprexa 0.21 mg, 13 nov 2020 zyprexa 0.14 mg

Hopela

8 th night since drop.

Slept 4+1 hours.

Felt slight burning sensations when woke up first time and trouble sleeping again.

Second time I had a nightmare and woke up feeling and hearing my teeth rapidly biting together and my face twitching. It stopped after a few seconds.

Nightmares were quite frequent before drop too but not the physical symptoms on wake up.

A week of oxazepam 10mg with 1 day of zopiclone 7.5mg and concurrent Zyprexa totalling:

10 mg 25 days , 7.5mg 18 days, 5 mg 14 days, 2.5 mg 11 days,  10x0mg with 4 days 1mg centrally interdispersed totalling 14 days.

Due to very bad condition reinstatement: zyprexa 7.5mg zopiclone 8.5mg, 25mg Propiomazine.

Immediately down to 5mg. Then a gradual taper during 6 months down to nothing but zyprexa and 0.0 mg again.

6 days of 0 mg. Then reinstatement 0.12mg two days and then 0.25 mg.

23 june 2020: 0.25mg zyprexa. 29 june 2020: 0.12mg zyprexa. 8th and 9th july 2020 also tried 0.375mg Melatonin

9 july 2020 0.16mg zyprexa

Made an error of judgement in august and was forced on various drugs in hospital mainly landing on:

Abilify injections + pills for a daily total of 5-15 mg (for 2½ month) + zyprexa 3 days of 10 mg and mostly 2.5 mg but started cheating

14 oct 2020 only zyprexa and due to sneaking lower earlier (cheating) now able to go back down to 0.31mg !

30 oct 2020 zyprexa 0.21 mg, 13 nov 2020 zyprexa 0.14 mg

ChessieCat
22 minutes ago, Hopela said:

my teeth rapidly biting together

If you are doing this you might consider getting a mouth guard to wear at night to protect your teeth.  You can get fitted ones or you can get "generic" ones which you heat in hot water to mold to your mouth.

Here is a link to show you what I'm talking about:  https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=sleep+mouth+guard&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

NEW!!!               INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

DataGuy

@Hopela if your sleep persists in being below 6 hours you should consider a small updose. Good idea to use your sleep as a barometer of overall symptom intensity. Although these drugs are not good for you, a significant part of the injury occurs in withdrawing at an overly rapid rate, hence the existence of this site and others. People often do not feel great after having been on psych drugs for many years, but if they come off rapidly they end up feeling much worse and become much less functional. Very shocking to the nervous system to be flooded with excitatory neurotransmitters that it has difficulty dealing with as a result of receptor downregulation. 

Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work. Also, good suggestion from @ChessieCat. I have actually heard of people breaking their teeth in their sleep, so be careful. 

Edited by DataGuy

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs, and olanzapine.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone.