KarenRose

KarenRose: I successfully came off after years of trying

KarenRose
Posted (edited)

Introduction topic:  karenrose-what-a-journey

Hi everyone. 

I guess this is my success story check in. I've been off for almost a year (just a few more weeks) and feel better than I have in years. This forum and the help I got here was literally a life saver. Thank you so much to the people who helped me when I was suffering so much I could not stand being alive anymore. 

I still struggle a little bit with blood sugar issues, mucus, and restless sleep but it's getting better. I am no longer depressed - amazing. Not anxious. I have had many waves but the last few ones have been tiny. I am prepared for bigger waves but no longer scared of them. And haven't had one for a while. I feel healed and withdrawal is becoming a distant memory.

What helped me the most to come off and to heal? I am not recommending any of it - just saying what worked for me after trying just about everything for years. In case it can inspire someone.

1. Ultra slow tapering - feel free to take a look at my journey. The key was listening to my body, not the numbers. It made all the difference and I learned it here. 
  2. Whole foods super nutritious diet without allergens. No sugar, caffeine, alcohol. I used the AIP diet. Lots of clean water.
  3. EFT tapping and EMDR for pervasive trauma, emotional pain, stress and anxiety.
  4. Dancing for exercise and stress release (no need to go out - did it at home). Still working on getting back in shape.
  5. Coffee enemas for migraines and feeling toxic and achey. I know this is controversial and may not be for everyone. It worked very well for me.
  6. Meditation in the morning - five to ten minutes.

I was convinced at several points I could not do it. If this is you, know that you can.

Much support and hope,

Karen

Edited by ChessieCat
added introduction topic link

brassmonkey

Karen-- congratulations on being off for a year now, well done.  Thank you for dropping in and adding your success story we really appreciate it.

KarenRose

Brassmonkey,

Thank you so much for saying this and for all the help you've given me over the years. It truly is a gift.

I am glad my story gets to be read and hope it may inspire someone someday.

All the best,

Karin

Happy2Heal

congratulations!!!
so glad you made it here!!

Cocopuffz17

Amazing to hear! Great work :) All the best in your future!