CAMPAIGN and PETITION: "psychiatric drugs victims speak out" - Spain (but anyone can sign)

Pilar

CAMPAIGN DETAILS:

Campaign Name: "psychiatric drugs victims speak out" it's the translation from Spanish "Las víctimas de las drogas psiquiátricas hablan"

We want to collect stories of people who had adverse reactions or experienced long or hard withdrawals, those who have been damaged and have iatrogenic illnesses because of those drugs.

The campaign wants to achieve the following:

– Better follow-up guidelines for people who are under psychiatric prescription

– No one should be forced to take psychiatric drugs against their will.

– The GP or Psychiatrist always has to inform the patient of the damage that psychiatric drugs can cause at the time treatment is started and they will help discontinuation (stop them little by little) if the patient decides to stop taking them.

–More awareness and safety alternatives to deal with emotional pain. No medication alternatives, whenever is possible always other alternatives first.

HERE is the english version of the campaing http://www.libertadyempoderamiento.net/campaign/

PETITION DETAILS:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my petition too, it's for the Spanish government to approve a proposed law for mental health, the second part of the text is translated into the English language, I would appreciate if you could share the petition too, with your family and friends. We are using change.org to collect signatures but it has to be sent to the Spanish Congress too.

Thank you very much,

https://www.change.org/p/gobierno-que-se-apruebe-en-el-congreso-la-proposición-de-ley-de-derechos-en-el-ámbito-de-la-salud

Edited by ChessieCat
added more detail

Had at almost the same time the following medications: 

amitriptyline 10mg : On = 10th of March 2018, Off=  20th May 2018

cipralex 5mg ( escitolopram) : On = 25th April 2018, Off= 20th May 2018

Had to stop them abruptly due to side effects, now I'm  suffering withdrawal

Hi Pilar,

I'm assuming given you've posted this here that anyone, no matter where they're from, can sign this petition?

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

Yes, no matter where they're from , it's a Change.org petition.

Understood. I hope your petition makes a difference. I'll be adding my name to it. 

2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

Thank you very much :)

You are very welcome. 🙂

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone again, 

I'm running a campaign in favour of victims of psychiatric drugs, to raise awareness about the dangers and ultimately change the law,  the idea is to collect real stories from people that had problems with psychiatric drugs and send them  to the ParlIamient.  

I'm currently living in Spain, so I put in contact with a spanish group of victims and we are trying to create a collective.

I designed a website to move the campaign, the whole page is in spanish but there is the version of the campaing in english too http://www.libertadyempoderamiento.net/campaign/

I understood that this is a global problem, so we want to help others in other countries that are trying to run  the same initiative sharing our stories with them, like "stephen's voice", that campaign is supported by David Healy. 

We'd like the strories to be shared between all the groups of victims in other to raise awareness in each country. If you like this idea and know groups that want to participate please share the campaing, let's do something together!

If you want to share your story for the campaing please let me know, you can contact me at libertadyempoderamiento (at) gmail (dot) com 

Thank you

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing, change email addy and added link to SA topic

Good on you Pilar! I'll do what I can to spread the word. 

• ChessieCat pinned this topic

Thanks once again Vanora! ❤️

• ChessieCat changed the title to CAMPAIGN and PETITION: "psychiatric drugs victims speak out" - Spain (but anyone can sign)
  • Altostrata unpinned this topic